Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Valor Points Conversion in 4.2, Legendary Staff Clarification, The Daily Blink

Valor Point Conversion in 4.2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft update 4.2, Rage of the Firelands, will introduce the first new raid tier in Cataclysm, and with that it will also introduce the first conversion from Valor Points to Justice Points. For anyone running Heroics and raids, this is important information to ensure you spend your points wisely before release of the patch.

With the release of patch 4.2 all Valor Points will be converted down to Justice Points up to the 4000 point cap, with any points over the cap being converted to gold at a rate of 47 silver per point. In addition, all previous Tier 11 Valor items will now be purchasable with Justice from the Justice Point vendors, and new Tier 12 Valor items will be available from the Valor vendors.

For example: I have 3300 Justice Points and 1600 Valor Points. Upon logging in after 4.2 releases I’ll see that my Valor has been down-converted to Justice; I now have 4000 Justice Points and 0 Valor Points. 900 of my Valor Points were over the 4000 point cap, they converted at a rate of 47 silver per point (.47x900), and so I received 423 gold as compensation.

The maximum you can have is 4000 Justice points, and Justice will be able to buy Tier 11 gear, so it’s important to go ahead and spend Valor before 4.2 if the conversion would take you over the 4000-point Justice cap and you have no need for the gold.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Clarification: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    Dragonwrath is designed to be DOT-friendly. Simply put, it has a chance to copy each tick of a DOT spell. There is no internal cooldown, since we want it to be good for warlocks and Shadow priests.

Furthermore, the proc chance is adjusted favorably for pet specs that derive a significant portion of their DPS from pets.

Our goal is to tune Dragonwrath in such a way that you can give it to any caster without anticipating certain classes or specs getting a bigger benefit than others. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Daily Blink - Lament of an Ex-Mage
    The Daily Blink feels very sorry for tanks today.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-06-15 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the Daily Blink really hates mages lately. <3

Love the clarification on the legendary staff!

NO ICD on the legendary!!! WOO

Does it mean now that shoulder and helmet t11 will be purchasable without the token ? (not supposed to)

Dragonwrath clarification makes me a happy panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    DailyBlink
    is
    epic
    blink

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally the Daily Blink brings a chuckle, but that was just Terrible!!

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan View Post
    Does it mean now that shoulder and helmet t11 will be purchasable without the token ? (not supposed to)
    Good question

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily blink made tears come out of my eyes.

No ICD on the legendary? Great, I picture an Arcane mage blowing his cooldowns and getting a 120k AB, proc, 112k AB, proc, 100k AB, proc etc.

Edit: It's already been said TONS of times, you will still need the tokens for tier 11, after the 20% nerf it should be beyond easy for double digit IQ players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Normally the Daily Blink brings a chuckle, but that was just Terrible!!

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 06:38 PM ----------

Good question
    Apparently you never played as a tank before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan View Post
    Nope, they aren't valor items. You still have to kill end bosses.

The Daily Blink seems to think that it's likely WoW players might learn from their mistakes. Willful ignorance and arrogance are the hallmarks of the MMO player base at large, and WoW in particular. The word sorry would never cross their oily lips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blasfemur View Post
    The Daily Blink seems to think that it's likely WoW players might learn from their mistakes. Willful ignorance and arrogance are the hallmarks of the MMO player base at large, and WoW in particular. The word sorry would never cross their oily lips.
    A little sugar never hurts nothin. Its nice to see another person in the world respect the inner workings of a tank. Yeah, it can be easy, but there are some difficult times that DPS never get to see.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ, got to start doing instances again next week >.<

Deleted
    No internal cooldown? o.O amazing weapon is amazing! RNG dps here i come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estarliia View Post
    Dragonwrath clarification makes me a happy panda.
    I doubt it.

Signature by Sokogeka

Lol at daily blink. My first character was a prot warrior. All the way to raiding, and throughout WoTLK. Now my fury warrior friend has started tanking, and I play a mage. It is the most satisfying thing in the world to pull aggro off of him for a change. I love hard casting a pyroblast before he pulls, throwing up a living bomb, and popping combustion if that pyroblast crit. They can't out-threat that.

And my favorite, we just finished raiding for the night.

[Local] Kashdollars: Casting [Portal: Stormwind]!

Watching everyone blindly walking through the portal, and wondering why they are in theramore is PRICELESS.

Mage's are the best.

Deleted
    Daily blink is so anti-mage biased >.>

<3 the Daily Blink!