Voters
182. This poll is closed
  • Good

54 29.67%
  • Bad

128 70.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Duke Nukem Forever is a series of tech demos nothing else, which is also why the game dosnt know where it wants to go.
    Either be the good old duke, tits, trash talk, guns, no story just pure action from the get go, or be a modern shooter, dnf tries to be both(2 guns... ego meter... "story"...)

Deleted
    It's shit.

It's not what you would hope for. It basically feels like a Halo with a Duke Nukem sticker one it. Hell even the alien ships look very similiar to halo. All in all though it does seem to have a better single player then the halo and cod jugernauts( IMO), but I have a feeling that it's online play will last as long as most other shooter games.. 2-3 months.. then it will probably be dry.

If your looking for an old school shooter.. Serious Sam seems to be the only ticket.. least till they start making more Unreal Tournaments instead of gears .. a boy can dream can't he?
    Last edited by Kuhnta; 2011-06-15 at 12:34 PM.

Gamespot gave it 3.5/10 on PC and 3/10 on XboX

Looks horrible to me.

Deleted
    Its nothing like old duke
    I had big hopes for that that but ohh well!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is beyond bad...

Deleted
    It flopped like i said it would, shocker.

Deleted
    If you like a not-too-much bullshit shooter with plenty of boobs (you can slap em this time!!), gore and awesome oneliners then yea, play DNF!

If you expect something with a storyline that goes beyond "They stole our hot babes!! Lets kill em!" then dont play it.

I enjoyed it a lot, but then again, i didnt expect too much from this game.

-edit
    Talking ofc about the PC version, consoles suck by definition :P

Deleted
    The game was "entertaining" for those 4-5 h of gameplay it has or so.

Game's difficulty on Hard,well I can compare it with Serious Sam on easy.

Deleted
    It has Pixels bewbs in it.

Nuff said?

Its awful... but quite entertainingly so I found.

Depends on what you like OP. I for one enjoyed it and i laughed a lot of time of the game because it was that bad. But its bad IMO in a good way. I liked the cheesy storyline, the overuse of cut-scenes. I usually don't read reviews till after i played the game because it seems it's like movies in a theater. Even though a movie on IMDB maybe gotten really bad reviews who is to say that i don't like it?

It stayed pretty much on line with Duke Nukem as well. I think this is one of the game where you have to have been a fan of the series to like it.

But i think you should try it. You might hate it, or you may like it but that's the risk you take every single time you buy a game.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

I was a massive fan of the first one when it came out and I have been looking forward to DNF since it was announced many moons ago, but it is a massive let down. I honestly felt embarrased playing the game.

The graphics are abysmal for a modern game, the humour is beyond juvenile, the gameplay is a hybrid of old skool and modern games, but all the bad bits (think Danny Devito's character in the film Twins) and it just feels rushed (jump up and down infront of a mirror repeatedly and what you'll see and hear clearly shows how little time and effort was put into it).

The only people who could possibly find this game entertaining are horny teenage boys, and only then because of the nudity and lame raunchy jokes.

Was going pick it up yesterday but got the new Alice one instead (have not had a chance to play it yet), still might get it for laughs later but not expecting much from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    TB did a review
    no he did not.
    First impressions =/= Review

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    no he did not.
    First impressions =/= Review
    He also did a "second impressions" in the case of this game. But indeed, they're not reviews.

Deleted
    I was hoping for a great Duke Nukem game, what i got was basically Call of Duke.

If you change duke to a Soap and the aliens to Russians you basically have CoD.

The multiplayer part is pretty much Quake 3 Arena with better graphics. It's nice if you just want a quick lol. If you try to play competetive and actually win, you'll end up smashing something. The Devastator and RPG are intant-godlike and the Railgun oneshots people if you can hit them.

I haven't finished the campaign part, but as many others have said, it's lacking guns. You can only carry two, and although you get alot of chances to switch out your guns, it's just not the same as in the older versions where you'd carry an entire arsenal of guns for every occasion. The puzzles are not always clever. Some of them tend to just be flat out tedious and annoying.

I'm in the middle of the Mighty Foot act, and while it can be fun to drive a huge monster truck and smash anything in your path, it gets kinda dull when the act is pretty muc Drive -> run out of gas -> Leave truck to find gas -> kill aliens -> solve mini puzzle to get gas -> rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its kept most of the playstyle the old games had so I guess people wouldnt like it that much because of this? like people are used to the progression shooters have made with CoD and such...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77