Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think people at Blizzaro are talking to each other (980 max?) or we can't really trust anything they say...

10+ Year Old Account
    See Blizzard does listen...

There was no way not to on this one. The change was just flat out illogical and did to raiders exactly what they've been doing to small group and solo players, force them into content they dislike for their gearing progression.

This was a bit of a battle on the forums for this one, I've also been told that some IMs and emails were recieved from "top guild" leadership to some specific devs over it. Those are just rumors, but think about what Paragon said about how brutal tier 11 was on them. Adding a requirement to grind off 5 mans just makes the problem worse.
    Last edited by Gavan; 2011-06-15 at 09:08 AM.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well true, yes, but getting capped for doing 25 mans but not getting capped for doing 10 mans? They should of just left the system how it was and always has been if they want 10/25 man to be different, 10s give lower loot and 25s give better loot, was a better system anyway.(imo)
    plz tell me ur not that retarded and not gona start a shit storm OVER having to do 1 5 man man to be capped as a 10 man raider

and as much as i liked raiding icc 10 and icc 25 on 3 chars to keep up just NO for firelands expecily if its gona be very hard

its gona be impossible to pug on my ret pala just because hes melee i dont want locks ect hindering it even thruther
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-06-15 at 09:10 AM.

Dear blizzard... F yourself with those arena changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    There was no way not to on this one. The change was just flat out illogical and did to raiders exactly what they've been doing to small group and solo players, force them into content they dislike for their gearing progression.

This was a bit of a battle on the forums for this one, I've also been told that some IMs and emails were recieved from "top guild" leadership to some specific devs over it. Those are just rumors, but think about what Paragon said about how brutal tier 11 was on them. Adding a requirement to grind off 5 mans just makes the problem worse.
    I forgot that Valor Point vendors supplied us raiders with all our gear and that was our only sorce of gear at all. Totally.

Oh I know they did, I was quite annoyed by the huge amounts of QQ about not getting capped with raids and heroics getting you capped. That still hasn't changed, heroics will still get you capped. Which is why I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say, because in reality, nothing changed, lol.
    I don't think the problem was heroics getting you capped, it was raids not getting you capped. This has been fixed or, in the case of 10 mans, much improved at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders will get capped without doing old content.
    Non-raiders AND MOST OF MY ALTS will get capped by doing random heroics (if I feel like doing them with all of my alts..!).
    Raiders will still get more loot and improve gear.
    Non-raiders and my alts will get what they can in order to feel like improving the gear and having fun with the characters as well.
    Everyone's happy.

I'm kinda disappointed the 'minor' advantage raiders had was removed :-( should be like 1100 or 1050 cap (so killing "a" raid boss capped you for the week on top of heroics

Wait....why the hell are 25s still getting more VP per kill than 10s??? The difficulty between 10 and 25 is supposed to be identical now remember Blizz? That's what you told us anyway. And it's already easier for 25s to gear up (2 drops per boss in 10man vs 5 drops in 25), not to mention the added loot RNG of having a lesser raid composition. Thanks for screwing 10 mans again.

Change the damn loot system to be less RNG!!!!!
    Last edited by Tylium; 2011-06-15 at 09:32 AM.

I'm kinda disappointed the 'minor' advantage raiders had was removed :-( should be like 1100 or 1050 cap (so killing "a" raid boss capped you for the week on top of heroics
    The advantage raiders have is the act of raiding and the gear the bosses drop. VP is just extra for everyone.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylium View Post
    And it's already easier for 25s to gear up (2 drops per boss in 10man vs 5 drops in 25)
    Uhm.. Since there is 2,5 times more people in the raid, I only see it fair that there drop 2,5 times as much loot (2*2,5 = 5).
    The only point where you could say "unfair" is that 25 man has 3 Tier tokens drop instead of 2,5 tokens which it should be, but hey.. Pretty much all the 25s are harder than 10mans anyway - atm.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    in 4.1 u COULDNT get capped through raids
    14 bosses, 90VP each. 1260 total.

all the 10s are harder than 25mans anyway
    Fixed our post.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

***deleted
    Last edited by randa; 2011-06-15 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

• The legendary item questline is only available to druids, mages, priests, shaman, and warlocks.
    What about priests?
    What about them?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha, welfare Vp for raiders, hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by qbone View Post
    . Pretty much all the 25s are harder than 10mans anyway - atm.
    since when?

This system is better than it was previously.... it was an oddity that for the first time, you could maximize your badges/points through 5-mans AND get gear equal to or better than raid gear AND couldn't be equally efficient by raiding. Originally, badges were 5-man heroic only, but the gear was lower quality than raid gear. When it became raid quality, raids because an equal method of acquisition.

Still, T11 was the first time you didn't need to do 5-mans to maximize your acquisition... that was honestly the real mistake. There's no way they'll ever be able to bring it back without people crying like they did this time. Still, given how many of the raiders had admitted they fully intended to be jerks and asses in the LFD as a result of this change, we all knew that they fully intended to make as many people miserable as possible if they didn't get their way.... better to just let them go do their own thing so the people who actually like doing 5-mans aren't punished by forced association. I'd like to think it's that line of reasoning that led to the change.

Oh I know they did, I was quite annoyed by the huge amounts of QQ about not getting capped with raids and heroics getting you capped. That still hasn't changed, heroics will still get you capped. Which is why I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say, because in reality, nothing changed, lol.
    Nothing has changed? What are you smoking? I only raid, now I dont have to farm trolls as well. This is great news

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job Blizzard, happy to see they still listen to feedback =D
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/