Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 4.2 PTR Notes - 06/14 Update

Patch 4.2 PTR Notes - 06/14 Update
    There was a minor update to PTR notes, nothing super important at first sight but Blizzard considerably increased the amount of Valor Points you will get from Patch 4.2 Raid Instances.

You will now get the following amount of points if you clear up the instance in a given week.

PlayersFirelands RaidBaradin HoldFirelands Raid
    + Baradin Hold
    10-Man840 Valor Points120 Valor Points960 Valor Points
    25-Man980 Valor Points140 Valor Points1120 Valor Points

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    General
    • Steadfast raiders have an opportunity to embark on a series of quests to create an all-new legendary caster staff. In order to begin the process of assembling the staff, players must first kill a Molten Lord in the Firelands. Once a Molten Lord is killed, players can accept the quest A Legendary Engagement from Ziradormi in Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar, or Coridormi atop the Wizard's Sanctum in Stormwind. The legendary item questline is only available to druids, mages, priests, shaman, and warlocks.

Currency
    Conquest & Honor Points
    • Example: During the first week of Season 10 everyone starts with a rating below 1500. Therefore, the cap from Rated Battlegrounds will be 1500 and the cap from Arena rating will be 1000. In the first week, the character wins enough Arena matches to reach the 1000 point cap. After that point, Arena wins will no longer grant Conquest points for the week. However, the character can still earn up to 500 additional points, but can only earn those points from either Rated Battlegrounds, or from the Conquest Point bonus for holiday and/or daily random Battlegrounds. The following week the cap will be recalculated based on the character's ratings, and it is possible Arena rating could now generate the higher cap. The second week, the character's cap from Arena rating is 1600, and the cap from Rated Battlegrounds is 1500. The character has a total cap of 1600 Conquest points for the week. Up to 1500 points can be earned from Rated Battlegrounds, but the last 100 must come from a different source.

Valor & Justice Points
    • The number of Valor Points awarded for killing a boss in the Firelands is 70 120 in 10-player mode, and 90 140 in 25-player mode.
    • The number of Valor Points awarded for killing Occu'thar in Baradin Hold is 35 120 in 10-player mode, and 45 140 in 25-player mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god so freaking needed. Good job Blizzard!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ha, lets see what the people have to say about the VP change now... >.>

Oh hell yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change. Makes it the same as before pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conquest/Honor thing looks pretty interesting. Love that they increased the amount of valor gained for boss kills.

hope every1 is happy now but if ur a 10 man raider u still NEED to do ONE heroic to cap which i dont mind

I hope that they will make it possible to run all 7 daily bg's in one day, like you can do now for heroics.
    Also it will really suck if you have to play arenas first and only after that you can get those additional points from bg's

See, Blizz does listen sometimes

15+ Year Old Account
    T11 bosses currently award 70 per kill in 10-man. The reason they had to change it for raiders to cap off just raids is because of the fewer amount of bosses.h

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Ha, lets see what the people have to say about the VP change now... >.>
    What? You don't think they changed this because people had something to say about it before?

Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    I thought they lowered the cap to 980 if you weren't raiding.
    even if u werent raiding u could still get over 1k vp a week atm 980 from za/zg+70/90 from bh

theres no mention of a lower cap for non raiders

even in 4.2 u could if they didnt lower the cap to 980

980 from randoms +120/140 from bh which totals 1100/1120 avalible to non raiders of firelands

also i havent seen any 1 complain on the fourmes about the raiders vp issues be they released this so this change came straight from the ptr
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-06-15 at 08:43 AM.

I must be retarded, someone put in lamen terms how the Conquest Point dealy works. Small words preferred.

Good change. I'm happy with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    What? You don't think they changed this because people had something to say about it before?
    Oh I know they did, I was quite annoyed by the huge amounts of QQ about not getting capped with raids and heroics getting you capped. That still hasn't changed, heroics will still get you capped. Which is why I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say, because in reality, nothing changed, lol.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2011-06-15 at 08:57 AM.

Hurrah. Crisis averted.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Oh I know they did, I was quite annoyed by the huge amounts of QQ about not getting capped with raids and heroics getting you capped that still hasn't changed, heroics will still get you capped. Which is why I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say, because in reality, nothing changed, lol.

no true if u look u can be capped through 25 man firelands but with 10 man ur 20 points short of cap if u cna get 8/8 normal in week 1 with most of use wont any way so till we improve well be doing random hc's or t11 i dont see any1 complainig about it

since not every1 will clear it in 1 week and have it on farm the next UNLESSS somthing went seriously rong on blizzs part

in 4.1 u COULDNT get capped through raids

Aww boo, I wanted to see blacksen not quit after saying he was quitting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    no true if u look u can be capped through 25 man firelands but with 10 man ur 20 points short of cap if u cna get 8/8 normal in week 1 with most of use wont any way so till we improve well be doing random hc's or t11 i dont see any1 complainig about it

since not every1 will clear it in 1 week and have it on farm the next UNLESSS somthing went seriously rong on blizzs part

in 4.1 u COULDNT get capped through raids
    Well true, yes, but getting capped for doing 25 mans but not getting capped for doing 10 mans? They should of just left the system how it was and always has been if they want 10/25 man to be different, 10s give lower loot and 25s give better loot, was a better system anyway.(imo)