Deleted

Avengers of Hyjal question

I just saw the Avengers of Hyjal rep rewards on the front page. I havent been able to clear this up, so i wanted to ask; will you have to do dailies to get ilvl 391 items and be competitive in raids since several of the items are probably BiS for tier 12? Or is this like the ashen verdict where you can only get rep by raiding?

If it's the first, that's really fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think its been said that it will be like Ashen Verdict BUT you wont be able to get to exalted by doing trash mobs.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    Avengers of Hyjal are the raid faction like the Ashen Verdict as far as I know so it will be rep from the firelands raid? Pretty sure a blue said you couldn't get exalted just by farming trash either.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    *as I understand it* you can do dailies to get rep + tokens
    with the tokens you unlock new dailies and vendors
    when all vendors are unlocked you have access to epix

could be wrong though, I know the info is on MMO somewhere

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

It's more akin to The Hydraxian Waterlords rep than the ashen verdict.

Hydraxian Waterlords reputation stops at 11999/12000 from trash mobs in Molten Core, at this point the only way to get rep is to kill bosses.

The same sounds to be true of Avengers of Hyjal, you can grind trash to get to friendly or possibly honored, but you will not be able to get to exalted simply by grinding the first 100 or so trash mobs and reseting the instance like people did with Ashen Verdict, by clearing the trash to Marrowgar, then reseting the instance.

Dailies also give rep I think, not 100% sure though.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-06-15 at 11:13 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    *as I understand it* you can do dailies to get rep + tokens
    with the tokens you unlock new dailies and vendors
    when all vendors are unlocked you have access to epix

could be wrong though, I know the info is on MMO somewhere
    You get guardians of hyjal rep from doing the dailies. If you're exalted with that faction you get nothing. Avenger's of Hyjal like the above poster said is explicit to the Firelands raid.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Dailies also give rep.
    I grinded all the way to the mount on the PTR and did not get any avenger's of hyjal rep. But maybe that was bugged due to being handed exalted achievement upon first login?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    You get guardians of hyjal rep from doing the dailies. If you're exalted with that faction you get nothing. Avenger's of Hyjal like the above poster said is explicit to the Firelands raid.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 12:14 PM ----------

I grinded all the way to the mount on the PTR and did not get any avenger's of hyjal rep. But maybe that was bugged due to being handed exalted achievement upon first login?
    were you handed exalted 1k/1k or jsut exalted 1/1k? as if you got that full 'exalted 1k' you would not see rep gains anymore.

that said i fully expect you to only gain rep from bosses. more like the classic faction Brood of Nozdormu which had one quest chain and only rep from bosses but each rep was a bigg ammount to make up for the no trash from rep.

The impression I got from the the blue post was it was raid only rep, and was only rewarded from Boss kills. Perhaps I misread that though and trash gives rep to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    were you handed exalted 1k/1k or jsut exalted 1/1k? as if you got that full 'exalted 1k' you would not see rep gains anymore.

that said i fully expect you to only gain rep from bosses. more like the classic faction Brood of Nozdormu which had one quest chain and only rep from bosses but each rep was a bigg ammount to make up for the no trash from rep.
    Neither only the achievement. No Avenger's of Hyjal rep in rep tab.

Which is why I got the opinion that it wasn't bugged and avenger's is nothing to do with the dailies

That has to be the most silly faction-name i've ever seen. Though yeah, from what i've read they'll be similar to Ashen Verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    That has to be the most silly faction-name i've ever seen. Though yeah, from what i've read they'll be similar to Ashen Verdict.
    It's a title too so you can look silly aswell!

How is it like Ashen Verdict if you can't grind it all the way to exalted exclusively on trash mobs?

There were people on my server that had their Exalted Ashen Verdict rings the day ICC was released.

Kill trash
    walk out of instance
    drop group
    reform group
    re enter instance
    kill trash
    repeat till exalted.

As you cannot do this with Avenger's of Hyjal, a better comparison would be Hydraxian Waterlords aka The molten core reputation. Trash mobs in MC stop giving rep at 11999/12000.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-06-15 at 11:37 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

on ptr mobs stopped giving rep at 11999/12k as well, havent done any quests, just killin stuff inside, iirc 1 molten giant dude gave 200rep as a gnoam

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    How is it like Ashen Verdict if you can't grind it all the way to exalted exclusively on trash mobs?
    It isn't as with what you said it's like Hydraxian Warlords don't think anyone refuted your post

Deleted
    I`d say it`s more like the Argent tournament than Ashen Verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    I`d say it`s more like the Argent tournament than Ashen Verdict.
    Avenger's of Hyjal is absolutely nothing like Argent tournament, not even in the slightest of ways. Maybe you're talking about the new dailyhub? Which as was said already is nothing to do with the Avenger's of Hyjal rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    It isn't as with what you said it's like Hydraxian Warlords don't think anyone refuted your post
    Sorry just drives me nuts seeing people say a rep that you can't grind to exalted on trash is the same as a rep you can grind to exalted on trash.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies give Guardians of Hyjal rep. Avengers is raid only.

Druids of the Talon and Shadowwardens that give the dailies don't have seperate reputation you just unlock those vendors as you do the dailies.
    Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

Quote Originally Posted by A J Rimmer View Post
    Dailies give Guardians of Hyjal rep. Avengers is raid only.

Druids of the Talon and Shadowwardens that give the dailies don't have seperate reputation you just unlock those vendors as you do the dailies.

This is correct.

the 378 items come from Avengers. Guardians gives 365. Doubtful that any of that will be BIS. Most of it will be very minor upgrades, if at all, and only stopgaps.