Glyph of shred vs mangle for pvp? Feral druid

Hey, Ive been wondering what would be best to glyph, shred or mangle?

Technically, shred is better. However, for pvp noobs like myself, its hard enough doing pvp that I normally say "Screw positional requirement, I'm spamming mangle!" so for me the glyph of mangle is more useful. Basically thats a judgement call you need to make based on your play style.

Up front, I am not an expert at PvP...far from it... However, I have done some. To be honest...as the previous poster stated, it is a personal choice. In essence...how much can you guarantee that you will be 'behind' your target the majority of the time in PvP??? If you can't be in that sweet spot long enough to do any real damage, then Shred is a waste of time. Shred is a great skill, but has a severe limit of only been usable if you can be right behind your target. Any other position and you can't use it. If you can truly be in that spot to your best advantage the the Glyph of Shred is a good choice!

Depends on your set up. If it's arena and you're running with a rogue, I would go with shred. between tho both of you stunning you ropponent and getting behind him for the burst ismuch easier. If your running with a fire mage, I think magle would prove to be more useful. you could always try both =-D see which one you lik,e better

Deleted
    I would say glyph of mangle is superior to shred. By how much it depends on the set up and whether you play arena or bg’s most. In bg’s you probably won’t shred much after you get full rip on the target, especially in 1v1. On the other side, mangle benefits from the glyph both in cat and bear form, so if you are bear freak in pvp like me, (It’s sooo fun, I tell you) the choice is obvious. Mangling in bear form while you have berserk on does huge amount of damage, and up to 3 targets at the same time.

Shred is better than Mangle. You shouldn't have such a difficult time getting behind a target. The only time I really see this happening and making your life miserable is when someone is sitting in a corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mangle benifets from both Bear and Cat form, and in pvp, you should be switching between the two as the situation calls for it. All shred does is add 3 additional ticks to Rip, and with you being focused/ controled in pvp, at times, you might be able to only get off one shred. Best to use mangle to apply some pressure then try to use Shred and fail to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Mangle benifets from both Bear and Cat form, and in pvp, you should be switching between the two as the situation calls for it. All shred does is add 3 additional ticks to Rip, and with you being focused/ controled in pvp, at times, you might be able to only get off one shred. Best to use mangle to apply some pressure then try to use Shred and fail to do anything.
    In PvP you should be able to get plenty of use out of the shred glyph. If you're honestly being controlled SO much that you can't get enough shreds off, then you're going to lose the match anyway and it doesn't matter what glyph you have.

Shred is better than mangle because it does more damage. You should run with the glyphs of shred and rip and for your third people typically choose berserk or mangle. I personally run with berserk and it works great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FatedPrime View Post
    In PvP you should be able to get plenty of use out of the shred glyph. If you're honestly being controlled SO much that you can't get enough shreds off, then you're going to lose the match anyway and it doesn't matter what glyph you have.

Shred is better than mangle because it does more damage. You should run with the glyphs of shred and rip and for your third people typically choose berserk or mangle. I personally run with berserk and it works great.
    Of course that shred does more damage than mangle. It does the same amount of damage with or without the glyph though. The question is whether you can really get enough shreds on the target affected already by your rip dots, to make a good use of this glyph. I personally don't think so. Mangle is used a lot in pvp. You certainly can't do wrong by choosing glyph of mangle. If you want to get glyph of shred, you might consider dropping glyph or berserk though, but I would advise against it.

If you are asking this question - go for mangle glyph
    You should be good and experienced cat to get full benefits from shred one.

Deleted
    I run with both

But I'll be switching one out come the patch for glyph of berserk, keeping glyph of shred.

If you get a healer (or anyone else) in a full maim during your 25 second berserk your going to be able to get off at least those 3 shreds, keeping your "let's kill him" damage higher with rip for longer.

In general if your getting nuked it doesn't matter which glyphs you have cuz you're in bear form or hiding, and although bear form mangles crit for 22k, it doesn't really matter if they're only critting for 20k because you're playing defensive anyway and your partner's more responsible for doing the dps.

At my level of arena (playing at 2k) there aren't really very many players who are good enough or able enough to keep their backs to the wall when they're getting nuked by me, not to mention i play with a dk who's probably going to grip them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
    Of course that shred does more damage than mangle. It does the same amount of damage with or without the glyph though. The question is whether you can really get enough shreds on the target affected already by your rip dots, to make a good use of this glyph. I personally don't think so. Mangle is used a lot in pvp. You certainly can't do wrong by choosing glyph of mangle. If you want to get glyph of shred, you might consider dropping glyph or berserk though, but I would advise against it.
    That bolded part is talking about the glyph, not the abilities. The glyph of shred will be a higher damage boost than glyph of mangle.

In PvP you should be using mangle to apply the debuff and to burn energy if for whatever reason you're at 100 and you can't get behind the target in the next 1 second.

However, when you play PvP you come to find that you can get enough shreds off to warrant the glyph, both in 2s and in 3s. As I said before, if you're getting controlled so much that you're unable to get enough shreds, then someone else needs to be fixed before your glyphs.

The shred glyph gives you another bonus: more combo points to spend. You are spending less CPs on RIP to refresh it so you can get more 5 points maims and also throw in some savage roars if you have the spare point or two.

All in all shred is better than mangle.

Use it in PvP and you'll see that can shred plenty of times.

I use shred, rip and tiger's fury. If I were to switch one out for mangle, I'd switch out Tiger's Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with mangle glyph, come 4.2 it will become even more valuable
    im myself running mangle, rip and berserk. Arena is unpredictable, sometimes ull be focused, sometimes your partner will, just take it to be safe.

Any person that knows how feral works will not turn their back to you
    if melee is sitting on you = no shreds
    Alot of healers 2k+ i came across walk backwards when they fight me, no shreds

mages and DKs are eveyrwhere, cant really get behind a mage or a DK

Protip: bind your mangle and shred next to each other so ull have a very fast reaction time when fighting ppl
    i have Mangle on 1 and Shred on 2
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a tricky choice. I'd say go for mangle as it is not always possible to hit 3 shreds following a rip. I'll personally try shred, but I was always playing with a mangle glyph till now.

I say it for 2v2s and your partner is a healer. In 3s or double dps specs i don't think its worth because you will need more time on kiting, CCing etc.