Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agostil View Post
    Problem is, that all the new items suitable for healers have spirit on them by definition. Everything else we could wear has hit rating instead. Combined with some other bonuses, you become more and more unlikely to go oom or to even drop below 20% of mana.
    Well, unfortunately for us healing priests, the "new items suitable" that have spirit on them only come from: VP, crafting & reptuation, with the occasional rare exception (a +spirit staff that drops rarely from random bosses). Which means I'm going to gear up very slowly in 4.2 (thanks weekly VP cap!) when simply trying to maintain the level of spirit that I have now. Yes, I'm frustrated that drops from bosses are useless. ;p It's not a very nice feeling! Oh well, slow and steady... gotta keep that mana regen under control. ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    At 14 Mastery Skill, unless I also suck with math, it comes out to a 40.5% Divine Aegis. 240% crit, unless you're running the spirit/crit meta (why?)
    Afaik DA is not additive, it's multiplicative and it applies to the whole crit heal. At least my numbers are showing this.

[22:37:24.024] Khetana's Divine Aegis fades from Littleboy (Remaining: 0)
    no other DA in the meanwhile, first crit is coming
    [22:37:33.121] Khetana Penance Littleboy +*16743*
    [22:37:33.822] Littleboy gains Divine Aegis from Khetana (Remaining: 6403)

That's pretty much a 270%+ crit heal there.
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-06-30 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostil View Post
    Problem is, that all the new items suitable for healers have spirit on them by definition. Everything else we could wear has hit rating instead. Combined with some other bonuses, you become more and more unlikely to go oom or to even drop below 20% of mana.
    What about Crit/Haste, Crit/Mastery and Haste/Mastery gear ? With 5 stats, there are 10 possible pairs, one is excluded by design (spirit/hit). You can't expect Blizz to create 9 pieces for each slot, so there is always a chance your preferred combination does not exist, and you have to reforge to get your beloved stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy. We're competitive and then some and once we get geared in the new hotness we can shield our asses off again and rip it until they decide on an actual solution that doesn't involve making PW:S not worth a global or making it cost 10k mana per cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Afaik DA is not additive, it's multiplicative and it applies to the whole crit heal. At least my numbers are showing this.
    That 6403 is 38% of the crit value.

An additional 38% of the crit value... I guess in a way is 76% of the original heal? So yeah, you're right. I was looking at syntax funny, somewhere thinking that someone was trying to tell me DA was a 70% value with enough mastery... This is what I get for not sleeping.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    I'm happy. We're competitive and then some and once we get geared in the new hotness we can shield our asses off again and rip it until they decide on an actual solution that doesn't involve making PW:S not worth a global or making it cost 10k mana per cast.
    Some stacking cost increase debuff, like arcane blast would be a great solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyni View Post
    What about Crit/Haste, Crit/Mastery and Haste/Mastery gear ? With 5 stats, there are 10 possible pairs, one is excluded by design (spirit/hit). You can't expect Blizz to create 9 pieces for each slot, so there is always a chance your preferred combination does not exist, and you have to reforge to get your beloved stat.
    Crit/Haste belt makes me sadface.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Crit/Haste belt makes me sadface.
    Why Kelesti? I'm working on a BiS-list pre-heroic w/ Disc tank healing in mind... I thought it was pretty nice to see a crit/haste belt! :} Maybe crit/mastery would be better...

xo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    Why Kelesti? I'm working on a BiS-list pre-heroic w/ Disc tank healing in mind... I thought it was pretty nice to see a crit/haste belt! :} Maybe crit/mastery would be better...

xo
    I guess we're talking about this belt, which is the ONLY cloth option for us in this thier afaik (no, there is another belt from Rag but that's also spiritless). Not a big deal for disc, but I feel sorry for the holies

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I guess we're talking about this belt, which is the ONLY cloth option for us in this thier afaik (no, there is another belt from Rag but that's also spiritless). Not a big deal for disc, but I feel sorry for the holies
    I don't mind the Haste/Mastery belt!

But Crit's garbage for a raid healer, for both specs. And yeah, that's doubly true for Holy.

Deleted
    Yeah, from raid healing perspective it's crap... for tank healing, I think it's acceptable :}

Deleted
    any idea why my DA shield animation has morphed into PW:S animation?

It's bugged
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Any feedbacks of Baleroc as Disc?

This is how I handled it... we had 2 "teams" of 3 that swapped between crystal healing and tank healing. I was in the team that started on crystals. I pretty much just spammed Greater Heal as only direct heals wrack up the buff, when I swapped to the tank I spammed GH as much as I could and shielded the tank when they got hit by the big 93% of HP hit or if they were really low and only then.

Not sure if this was the most effective way of doing it, but it's how I did it! :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...=26603&e=26919
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

so, what is the general consensus? that mastery is still the best? from all the posts it seems like, for 10 mans at least...

mastery > haste / crit

Deleted
    That answer will always depend on your raid role and play style.
    There's no stat guide that fits everyone for disc.

so there is no stat that is substantially worse enough to warrant NOT getting? interesting... well, what about pvp, specifically battlegrounds. any suggestions on stats? i usually play shadow for bgs

Quote Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens View Post
    so, what is the general consensus? that mastery is still the best? from all the posts it seems like, for 10 mans at least...

mastery > haste / crit
    Mastery is only the "best" stat, when all you're doing is bubbles.

Raid healing, haste wins. Tank healing, haste and crit both win. Mastery scales terribly with Aegis, and only shines with Power Word: Shield.

Deleted
    Raid healing, haste wins. Tank healing, haste and crit both win.
    It's not that I doubt this statement, I feel way more comfortable with a certain amount of haste.
    But I'd like to know all the reasons which speak for haste and against crit for raidhealing - it seems that escpecially when it comes to 25man many (raid)healers tend to stack crit since 4.2 because of the countless intelligent heals like CH, CoH or WG to even out RNG, stating that you're not healing alone and others can compensate for your variance.
    Even in 10man many value crit + mastery over haste + mastery and state that you only need haste when you otherwise (with other stats) couldn't heal the dmg, PW:S + Penance + GH should be enough to burst, disc still has PI and haste is only needed when people fail and so on...

I'd like to hear other opinions and reasons. Something beyond "because I feel comfortable with it/ as long as we kill the boss everything is fine". The latter is of course true however the question is how much you can contribute to killing the boss.
    Seems like the german community is pretty much nuts for crit.
    Last edited by mmoc469e9dee4f; 2011-07-03 at 11:54 AM.