Poision buffs???!!!

Why would blizz buff the assasination rogues poisions? They are a passsive buff that is already their #1 DMG...They apply and attack and that's where tho majority of their DPS comes from. They had an opprotunity to make the class rquire a little more skill in PvE and threw it out the window...Anyone else think buffing them was just a dumb idea?

Well, let's see, could it be that it's the easiest way to give Assassination rogues a damage buff that is desperately needed for PVE? Looking at WoL and StateofDPS, Assassination Rogues are not in the top 10 when it comes to damage output, we're the second least played class in the game (in front of Warlocks) and there is really no reason to bring rogues to raids.

I'm guessing Blizzard just wanted to help us out a little bit. Sorry if that makes you sad. Actually, I'm not sorry, at all. I'm tired of my class being the rage-vent for everyone in the game.

And in case you think I'm being overly-dramatic... here's some proof to the lack of rogues in raids: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/en...ents/34246894/
    Last edited by DarthKeller; 2011-06-15 at 02:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, alright I'll bite OP. Blizzard STATED they did not want us more passive damage but they scraped apparently since well... I don't know why they did it but whatever.

In addition us rogues aren't exactly amazing deeps, our utility is simple - Tricks of the trade WOOOHOOO ( Thank god it being 100 yards ) and with that being said an assassination rogues deeps is pure passive damage and it's always been like that.

With that being a said a class that takes skill in pvE = What? Cmon your just pressing a bunch of buttons in the right order or a priority list and that goes for most classes

Skills in ma WoW? Hah!

There is nothing else they can buff on Assassination except mutilate damage, and the buff would have to be so large it would be unreasonable. The assassination rotation does feel quite boring and unrewarding to me so I play combat mostly.

they really do need a buff currently there the lowest dps pure class from every aspect. sure they rule in pvp but pve there really lacking. if you dont wanna get killed by a rogue in pvp..3500+ resil can help you last though the 1st 40 seconds of a stun lock.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

People who think rogues require little skill in PvE are probably used to casting and using abilities every possible GCD, which is a completely different approach. The true secret of Assassination DPS lies in timing your abilities at just the right moment for maximum output. Rogues have to think several moves ahead during a fight in order to keep all buffs and debuffs rolling as long (and efficiently) as possible. The actual combination of abilities we use is pretty limited, sure, but it's more about proper timing than GCD spam.

With limited abilities in the rotation, it doesn't really leave too many options for increasing DPS.

Other possibilities (that would probably result in similar complaints):
    Increased SnD attack speed buff (QQ about passive damage)
    Increased Envenom damage (PvP repurcussions)
    Increased Mutilate damage (PvP repurcussions)
    Reduced Mutilate energy cost (massive PvP repurcussions)
    Increased Rupture damage (QQ about passive damage)

It's just the way the class works, you putting DoTs up and letting them tick for damage is the same as me getting SnD up and watching the poison procs roll in. The only difference is, if I have to move out of position for any reason, my autoattacks and poison procs stop, reducing my output.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, only Arcane Mages are a truly active dps class. Just about everyone else has some form of DoT or pet attack that increases their damage with little input.
    Last edited by Ligaments; 2011-06-15 at 06:18 PM.

Sig by Mipeo

Rogues are not the least played class because they do bad dps, they are because they have the worst mechanics of all melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Rogues are not the least played class because they do bad dps, they are because they have the worst mechanics of all melee dps.
    Maybe the worst target swapping mechanics, most rogue mechanics haven't changed much or at all (which is one of the reasons the class is stale now).

I blame pvp for the poor state rogues are in now. Rogues have always been good and sometimes maybe too good in pvp and buffs in certain areas may be too much. WTB separate rule set for pvp and pve on all skills.
    Last edited by ttkyle; 2011-06-15 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    Maybe the worst target swapping mechanics, most rogue mechanics haven't changed much or at all (which is one of the reasons the class is stale now).

I blame pvp for the poor state rogues are in now. Rogues have always been good and sometimes maybe too good in pvp and buffs in certain areas may be too much. WTB separate rule set for pvp and pve on all skills.
    Redirect did a lot to help in that regard, but you're 100% right. Especially as Mut, swapping to a target that has no poisons or debuffs on it basically resets our whole rotation.

Sig by Mipeo

Give Rogues baseline shadowstep with similar cd like warrior charge, make combo points stack on the rogue instead of the target and give deadly poison a 30 seconds duration instead of 15. I bet a lot more people would play rogues without any significant dps buff.

I don't say that rogues need or do not need a dps buff. But they most certainly need some improvements to their mechanics.

Give Rogues baseline shadowstep with similar cd like warrior charge, make combo points stack on the rogue instead of the target and give deadly poison a 30 seconds duration instead of 15. I bet a lot more people would play rogues without any significant dps buff.

I don't say that rogues need or do not need a dps buff. But they most certainly need some improvements to their mechanics.
    If deadly poison was 3 stack and readjusted to be such and maybe 30 sec in duration I would be fine with rogue target swapping. I don't see rogues ever getting a shadow step or charge like ability baseline because of pvp.

Target swapping isn't that bad for combat atm, especially if you don't lose your bandits buff.
    Last edited by ttkyle; 2011-06-15 at 06:33 PM.

Baseline shadowstep when rogues already have one of the best snare+dispell protection combos in the game? One that only a couple classes can even think about countering? And combo points that stack on the rogue are, well, holy power. Except rogues would probably name it 'sneaky power.' Finally, 30 seconds of deadly poison means that it'd either never be in danger of dropping off or more people would die long after having killed the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty Snakes View Post
    Baseline shadowstep when rogues already have one of the best snare+dispell protection combos in the game? One that only a couple classes can even think about countering? And combo points that stack on the rogue are, well, holy power. Except rogues would probably name it 'sneaky power.' Finally, 30 seconds of deadly poison means that it'd either never be in danger of dropping off or more people would die long after having killed the rogue.
    Deadly ticks for 3400 in my gear as combat. Game breaking. The whole point of a 30 sec deadly is it not dropping.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3000677?page=1

Your post isn't something I specifically agree with in terms of complaining about making poison do more damage, but the idea that the improvements were made in poor way is what my post and this post have in common.

Rogues are mechanically just poorly designed have had little change as far as combat goes since the beginning and as far as assassination it's just... we'll bland/boring. I've spoken on these topics a great deal I feel while still trying to maintain being hopeful and showing faith that the developers will remedy these mechanical issues, but it seems with these new buffs the lazy "o we'll just give a % buff here and there" remedy is all they are doing for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by killars View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3000677?page=1

Your post isn't something I specifically agree with in terms of complaining about making poison do more damage, but the idea that the improvements were made in poor way is what my post and this post have in common.

Rogues are mechanically just poorly designed have had little change as far as combat goes since the beginning and as far as assassination it's just... we'll bland/boring. I've spoken on these topics a great deal I feel while still trying to maintain being hopeful and showing faith that the developers will remedy these mechanical issues, but it seems with these new buffs the lazy "o we'll just give a % buff here and there" remedy is all they are doing for the moment.
    Holy crap, he posts on MMO-Champ.

Anything Killars says, I'll believe. There's a true PvE rogue hero.

Sig by Mipeo

I don't see the issue with baseline shadow step.
    The rogue pvp spec already has shadow step, combat isn't a pvp spec and mutilate is rarely brought for pvp either.
    If it really turned mutilate or combat into overpowered pvp specs it would be possible to nerf crippling poison or kidney shot or the cloak of shadow duration or combat readiness or any other of the 1 000 000 pvp centered abilities rogues have.