Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Death of Atlasloot

Hi,

So with the new journal feature coming in 4.2, I guess atlasloot has served its purpose and will be demoted to the recycle bin. I was on the PTR and the journal does look awesome, much better in detail, looks and information than the old Atlasloot. Do you all intend of getting rid of Atlasloot or are some of you diehards gonna keep it? lol

That'll depend what I think of it once I've used it. I wasn't impressed with Blizzard's Scrolling Combat Text or Equipment Manager, so we'll have to wait and see.

atlas loot also contains pvp gear, crafting, legendaries, quest items, etc, not just boss loot.

Will the journal also include the ability to search for an item - ie, where it dropped from?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    atlas loot also contains pvp gear, crafting, legendaries, quest items, etc, not just boss loot.
    This. It contains a lot more than boss loot, it's a large data base of all useful items. I find I use it more for patterns or mats for something.

Who knows, some people might find atlas just better as the one thing to open up and Atlasloot will continue to stay exactly the same, and I will most certainly continue using it if the Dungeon Journal doesn't include; Tier Sets, PVP, faction and crafting ect ect Loots...

But a slight possibility is that they 'might' remove the mass lists of loot from dungeons since we'll have that in the DJ.. and then they can just focus on a nice, neat and compact way to view tier sets, factions, pvp and crafting ect ect..

Merely speculation ofc, but a possibility

Deleted
    Like always when there's been a cool and really good addon that make's the gameplay easier, Blizzard invert their own version of the addon which in my opinion is a bit "suckier" so to say and not making it better than the addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    Like always when there's been a cool and really good addon that make's the gameplay easier, Blizzard invert their own version of the addon which in my opinion is a bit "suckier" so to say and not making it better than the addon.
    The Dungeon Journal is meant only as an enhancement to the Dungeon systems. It isn't intended to be a game-wide data-base like Atlas. Displaying boss drops is the only feature it shares with Atlas. Atlas is so much more comprehensive the two can not even be compared.

I also don't think they inverted their version as then it wouldn't make much sense...showing what bosses dropped from the loot and all...
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, this ^.

I personally will still probably use atlas loot even for boss drops, but the above mentioned features are also very nice and seems safe to say won't be included in the encounter journal.

Deleted
    This also. Atlasloot shows all loot there is, pvp and stuff, the dungeon journal doesn't, also atlas has all professions recipes etc, more features than dungeon journal for sure, so yes i will continue to use it.

You will probably want to make a poll aabout this??

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    This also. Atlasloot shows all loot there is, pvp and stuff, the dungeon journal doesn't, also atlas has all professions recipes etc, more features than dungeon journal for sure, so yes i will continue to use it.

You will probably want to make a poll aabout this??
    No not really lol.

Never had atlasloot actually. Wowhead provides me with all information I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Never had atlasloot actually. Wowhead provides me with all information I need.
    Wowhead doesn't allow you to press shift while mousing over an item in its list, and compare it with exactly what you're wearing now.

I mean, Wowhead is great and all, and I'm not saying that you can't use its various tools to compare two items - but Atlasloot is a much faster way of doing this.

I also don't have to look at advertisements (or 'please turn advertisements on, because we know you love looking at ads for dick pills' images) while using Atlasloot, either.

And this is the exact reason why I'm not getting rid of it. Having all the stuff neatly packed together in one place is a lot more convenient for me.

The best part of AtlasLoot has always been the wishlist. As far as I know, the journal doesn't provide this.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Hey guys

we have some great stuff in the works for the new version of AtlasLoot. I can give you a small teaser:

v6.04.00 (June 21, 2011)
    Compatible with Patch 4.2.
    Added support for Atlas 1.20.0.
    Added Firelands Raid loot Normal and Heroic.
    Added new Baradin Hold boss.
    Added new faction: Avengers of Hyjal.
    Added Tier 12 Raid Set.
    Added Season 10 PvP Set.
    Added Molten Fire Daily Rewards.
    Added various new mounts and companions.
    Added various new crafting recipes.
    Updated Brewfest and Hallows' End boss loot.
    Added a CompareFrame window to compare all items of an instance.
    Added a new Wishlist interface.
    Added an option to filter by stats.
    Added an option to use the search only for selected modules.
    Added viewable currencies to the item description.
    Dungeons and Raids are now seperated in the loot browser.
    The loot browser now remembers the last opened page.
    Many minor fixes, additions and translations.
    We will continue to provide an awesome experience for all our users. The Dungeon Journal has only challenged us to provide an even better AtlasLoot. I don't think anyone will be replacing AL with the DJ

AtlasLoot's interface is still a lot easier to use and useful in many more ways than just showing what boss drops what loot.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The best part of AtlasLoot has always been the wishlist. As far as I know, the journal doesn't provide this.
    This is the main use I have for AtlasLoot. When I was younger it was just a tool for looking at the pretties. But in my wow age, I much prefer using it as a tool for building a wish list. Something that can tell me where I need to go to collect the set I'm aiming for. A reminder that I shouldn't be wasting DKP on Axe1 because Axe2 drops from another boss and has better stats.

The dungeon journal replaces wowpedia.org for me. I no longer have to have a browser window open listing the boss abilities before I fight him. Or even Ghost:Recon that captured spell links so I could check them out between wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Since the Encounter Journal doesn't contain any tabards, pets, crafting recipes, pvp gear and anything like these then no, i will not dump it. Looks like you havn't been using AL to its full potential :P

Blizz won't be able to replace my AtlasLoot, just like they weren't able to replace my PowerAuras.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."