Priest who's never stepped foot in arena, need advice!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice that's 4.2 specific and helpful to me as a brand new 2 v 2 priest. I will be playing with a hunter. I'll just list my questions to make it easier:

1) does spec change at all based on 2v2 or 5v5 etc? Does it matter that I'm with a hunter? I assume disc is best?

2) I have absolutely no pvp gear. I know there will be conquest point changes when the patch comes out, I am also a max tailor. What is the most efficient way for me to gear up this week so I am not a total train wreck in arena? Should I spend this week grinding BGs? I would prefer to not drop a ton of gold at the ah. Oh I do have the pvp pants from BH.

3) where can I read up on priest pvp strategies?

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello ya thar

1) Specs do change not only by the bracket you play, it changes depending on your partner. Disc or Shadow, Holy can be played but won't be nearly viable as Disc or Shadow.

2) Go grind BG-s but don't spend any honor on Bloodthirsty gear. Save it for after the patch and begin buying Vicious gear. You can do some arenas with your partner just to get a feel and general idea about it (if you really never stepped into arena, then you'll need to get familiar with them)

3) AreneJunkies and Hydramist - Hydra's basic Priest Guide.
    The first one is the biggest PVP wow community forums and the other one is the site of one of the best priests in the world. Enjoy your read.

Thanks! I'll check the guide out when I get home. Is AV still the fastest for grinding honor? I'm assuming that site u sent me has some specs so I'll check!

Deleted
    1. go disc and then shields galore

2. resilience is the key to everything.

3. why do you need to read up on strategies when you have resilience?

4. ???

5. profit

Anything I should be aware of when working specifically with a hunter?

1. Disc specs don't really change that much based on comp or bracket. The only thing you may see is the 2 points into reducing shadowfiend cooldown being useful in healer/dps 2's, whereas it's basically never going to be a factor in 3's/5s and a waste of points.

2. Craft your bloodthirsty set as a starter point if your not broke (4pc mooncloth bonus, go go), grind honor like mad to get your vicious and you're ready to go. AV isn't the best honor/hour unless it's the Call to Arms weekend. Do randoms or whatever CTA is that weekend.

"Anything I should be aware of when working specifically with a hunter?"
    Yeah, enjoy your 45 minute long draws if you're doing hunter/disc 2's. Get a warrior or a DK and do 3's instead if you can.

1-) Disc, and spec doesnt necessarily change (Although it can) but glyphs do. Ex: For 2s you want the SWD Glyph, 5s you want flash heal or barrier.

Its pointless to get honor gear this week, as you can use honor to buy vicious if you are patient. Although the practice wouldnt be bad, just get the gear but dont waste high quality enchants/gems on it.

And this will still be viable since 4.2 isnt that drastic
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...-arena-in-406/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    1. go disc and then shields galore

2. resilience is the key to everything.

3. why do you need to read up on strategies when you have resilience?

4. ???

5. profit
    Ignorance like this just kills me, the other posted some great tips, best of luck...

Deleted
    google pompalompa 11 and watch that video...lots of pro things going on in this video, if you know what hes doing...mainly watch his positioning!

Btw start grinding honor and u can be full bloodthirsty in a week, in time to grind full vicious the following week

Remember one thing though...have fun

and personally i find disc aint fun in 2s

Quote Originally Posted by Westoad View Post
    google pompalompa 11 and watch that video...lots of pro things going on in this video, if you know what hes doing...mainly watch his positioning!

Btw start grinding honor and u can be full bloodthirsty in a week, in time to grind full vicious the following week :

Remember one thing though...have fun

and personally i find disc aint fun in 2s
    Would you recommend I go shadow then?