To owners of CoolerMaster cases... (plus general case recommendations)

...can that dumb little logo emblem be popped off the front of your case easily?

I'm considering throwing together a nice i5 2500k hackintosh build in the coming months and have been selecting a case (I'm rather picky). CoolerMaster makes some nice cases, but their need to put their logo on the front of their cases really irks me.

If it can't be removed I'll probably pick up an Antec, Fractal Design, or Corsair-made case.

Also, if anybody has recommendations on specific cases that can handle an i5 2500k OC'd to 4.2Ghz, a CPU cooler (probably using a Hyper 212), and a Radeon HD 6870 or Geforce GTX 480 without overheating that'd be awesome. Bottom-mounted PSU is a big plus but not required if said case is awesome enough.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a HAF 912. At least in my case, the Cooler Master logo turned out just to be a thick sticker that was easily removable.

Storm Scout owner here. No worries about the logo because, well... it doesn't have one .

If you're not strictly looking for a "clean, sterile" look, this is actually an excellent case.
    Super casual.

Some fan LEDs and such are fine, but there is definitely such a thing as overboard. I don't want cold cathodes, huge side windows, a case design that resembles a hummer or borg cube, and more lights than a UFO... a fairly clean design accented by a few LEDs would be quite preferable.

Nice to hear that the logo is removable on at least the HAF 912. I hope that's the case for the other models, too...

@Sephiracle, I've looked at the Rosewill ARMOR, and it seems nice but all that mesh with no air filter seems like it'd make for really dirty computer internals really quickly.

I have a HAF X and I can get my nail behind the logo, so I assume it's removable.

I use a Cooler Master Storm Sniper... only logo on the front is the Sniper logo at the top. It doesn't make the case look terrible or anything, either. Storm Sniper is pretty meshy, but I have one of the dustiest homes ever, and the case is relatively dust-free (yay for positive pressure!), save for a light dusting on the fan blades. LEDs can be turned off, as well.

Any case, really, can handle the sort of setup you're looking for, just make sure the parts fit, that's all.

Also, Corsair cases have a big Corsair logo slapped on the front of them :P

Edit: Where's Paul in that Rosewill ARMOR video? Makes me sad
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-06-15 at 04:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    @Sephiracle, I've looked at the Rosewill ARMOR, and it seems nice but all that mesh with no air filter seems like it'd make for really dirty computer internals really quickly.
    Yeah, I was a bit weary about it at first, but so far I haven't noticed any real excessive dust collection at places other than the fan intakes. The usual feather/swiffer duster and compressed air seems to do the trick just fine. Now if I didn't keep an eye on it for months I could see there being issues, but with it being mesh, I can keep an eye on it a lot better anyhow.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

cooler master Haf 932, here. It is a giant case, and the only drawback is it takes alot of space(in my case not a problem lol). And can either cause "wow its amazing" or "what the hell kinda monster do you have there, is it a transformer?" comments. Other than that it has alot of space, so nothins tight inside, and there is enough space for plenty of fans, etc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Case : HAF 932
    Processor : I7-2600k
    Gfx : Evga Gtx 580
    Heatsink : Zalman Cnps9900max (blue)

I have been building my own pc's for like 10 years and the case has more room then I know what to do with.
    As far as the case badge, its just a sticker. It doesn't bother me but if you want it can be removed. Gl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I have a HAF 912. At least in my case, the Cooler Master logo turned out just to be a thick sticker that was easily removable.
    What, it is a sticker? /facepalm. I was gonna take it off, but I thought it was painted on
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.