[Music] In Flames: Sounds of a Playground Fading

Hello folks,
    In some areas the new In Flames was released today.
    To those who have already listened to it, what's your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagostyrion View Post
    Hello folks,
    In some areas the new In Flames was released today.
    To those who have already listened to it, what's your opinion?
    Not a fan. Then again I don't like anything they did after Clayman so take that for what it's worth.

Didn't like it

Deleted
    As with all the recent albums, I had to listen to it a bit and it got better. At the beginning I thought it was ok, but it's getting more and more awesome.
    I just like the in Flames "groove" that has been somewhat missing on their last disc and is definitely stronger again.

(and yeah, I also liked the early albums, but I can't blame them for evolving and not recording clones of old songs - it's a good thing imo)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't bad, they could of done better. I like there previous work better

In terms of x/5

4/5

Older In flames fans probably wont like it ( like all their recent releases ) but after a few listens i'm diggin it

Deleted
    I've listened to it through once having listened to no In Flames since Come Clarity. I don't know a huge amount about them if truth be told so I just listend to it for what it is and not compare it to their other work.

It's not bad by any means but it doesn't seem to have any big hook that would keep me coming back for more. The vocals are okay. Most of the riffs are okay too. I'm not the biggest fan of the melodic style in the world but I'm certainly no hater. It's a fun listen through once but I'm not sure it has much lasting impact for myself.

The album art is cool though.

I find it heavier, but less melodic.

However, I've been listening to it for a few weeks, and it keeps getting better.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.