Running 2 monitors : Question

I use a 1GB GeForce GT440 card, if I purchase a 2nd monitor, do I just plug it in, change my monitor settings and I'm good to go?

Secondly, how does dual screen work. Does it just act like one long monitor, and my mouse goes from the edge of my 1st screen to the edge of my 2nd screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I use a 1GB GeForce GT440 card, if I purchase a 2nd monitor, do I just plug it in, change my monitor settings and I'm good to go?

Secondly, how does dual screen work. Does it just act like one long monitor, and my mouse goes from the edge of my 1st screen to the edge of my 2nd screen?
    1) Yes.
    2) It can work like that, and is most likely the most common setup. They can also be mirrored, ie, both show the exact same thing. This is useful if you hook it up to a TV or similiar, or want to show it to two different angles at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about grabbing a 2nd monitor just to run chat/vent/web outside of WoW

Deleted

You can customise it however you want.
    side by side, one above the other, diagonal, landscape, portrait,
    customise both resolutions individually.

and yeah, it's essentially one long monitor.

15+ Year Old Account
    The possibilities really are endless

Deleted
    I use the extended desktop, since there are no reason in using it as a clone of your main monitor (except for projectors).