Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    lol, well celebrities do that kind of stuff. At least it was a cool name not like apple or something.

cool names for kids:
    -logan
    -zelda
    -mario
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant say i wouldn't name my child Zelda and i'm not even a fan of that game, or shit id go with Samus. YES id name my kid Samus, it would be a girl of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    Zelda is an actual name. So is Duffy. So is Luther.

Zelda was a fairly common name during the early 20th century, Duffy is a shortening of a name from a 6th century Saint, and Luther... Vandross. SON.
    They are??? Hell I didn't know that, I thought they're only some random blobs of letters. It makes it ALL better that someone used those names, somewhere.

So is Adolf, or Pankratz, Augustus or Rokuzaemon. The thing is, an unusual name may be trouble for kids. If you let it slip that "at that time my dad was SO into that game that he named me after it", then it's basically asking for trouble. Go ahead and name your kid Adolf Rokuzaemon Octavian and you'll see. What's wrong, they're real names! Promise!

Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    They are??? Hell I didn't know that, I thought they're only some random blobs of letters. It makes it ALL better that someone used those names, somewhere.

So is Adolf, or Pankratz, Augustus or Rokuzaemon. The thing is, an unusual name may be trouble for kids. If you let it slip that "at that time my dad was SO into that game that he named me after it", then it's basically asking for trouble. Go ahead and name your kid Adolf Rokuzaemon Octavian and you'll see. What's wrong, they're real names! Promise!
    Boom, Godwin-ed.

Comparing the real name that is also attached to a game and a real name that is also attacked to a very much HATED figure from history is the same as comparing a Grizzly to a bunny. Sure they both have hair...but who's gonna miss a grizzly? And who doesn't want to hug a bunny?

And just to clear the air, I'm not defending naming of any children the same name as someone disliked in history.

Only defending the name Zelda.

It's a good one.

Better than August.