Poll: Which loot system you prefer in PvP?

Deleted

Which loot system you prefer in PvP?

Full loot = Ultima Online (before AOS and insure), Darkfall where all your items drop and can be looted by other players.
    Partial loot = EvE-Online where some items get destroyed and rest can be looted or like lineage 2 where you could drop some items.
    No loot = WoW where you cant loot other players in pvp.

I'd rather not have all my items destroyed or looted when I die.

Depends on the Game. Looting in PvP is nice if the system is good. Maybe a system were only like ~10% of the gold + Misc Items (Pots/Trade-Items/BoE-Items etc) can be looted.

I like the Diablo II system where you got a chunk of their money when they died. But for a system like that to work in wow it would need to be significantly harder to kill someone than it is now. All the games with combat looting usually have a pot chain chugging mechanic or some sort and with cooldowns and what not that doesnt happen in wow.

Tibia was fine back in the day but with so many with aimbot (magebot, tibia ng, elf bot) its too easy to get steamrolled now especially for lower level players with the significant speed boost of the higher level players. Tibia's pvp can be wonky because there are no caps to level and skill so power can increase dramatically from one person to the next.

Depends on the game and the scenario. Risk vs Reward type areas are always great, I love them, but I don't think you should leave out a serious form of competitive combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be punished for being horribly outmatched.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

To me, if you lose all your gear on death, it should be fairly easy to get a base-line replacement set of gear. So for games where basic gear is the norm, and there are a few rare items with good boosts, PVP looting is fine.

A game like WoW, though, where it would be near impossible to replace the gear you lost without grinding for hours through old content, PVP looting is just a cock-block and detriment.

I played a MuD that had PVP looting, and it worked fine there because it was your skills, not your equipment, that gave you most of your edge. You could buy a few things from the store and be fine, though that mystic broadsword might be missed.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

No loot. Call me a QQ casual, but there's too many factors in PvP to risk losing everything to.

Full loot is great, simply because it adds a level of excitement to the PvP that aren't found elsewhere.
    Only full loot MMORPG's give me real adrenaline rushes even after playing for a long time like 1-2+ years, that just isn't present for me with "normal" PvP rulesets, maybe it's a rush the first few times you PvP in the game but it always gets dull so fast.

Deleted
    Full PVEers should come in do really badly 1v1 then Take all your PVP Gear... that's what PVPers do in instances right?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Establish World PvP. The problem with modern MMOs and world pvp is zones are too. In WoW there is no reason to leave the capital, if you do its only briefly. In Rift there are zone events and outdoor encounters to gear up in, but the latter means you need an entire guild to back you up and the people eventually outgrow the former (fixed in the next patch).

2. Give PVPers something worth looting. Currently most games use a binding system. When you loot something it binds to you. I know of an old game where the equivalent of hard tier pieces (chest, legs, helmet, hands) were bound to you, everything else could drop when you died. A developer would have to make certain pieces of gear none binding. Say you kill someone, their is a chance their weapon will become lootable. An interesting mechanic would be to if you want to pvp you must equip certain pvp weapons for you class. These are not bound to you and can be loots if you die. Lets say everytime you kill someone the weapon becomes stronger and loses a portion of its power when you die if it isn't looted all together. The best players will have the best weapons but will also have a hefty price on their head because of this. If the best weapons remain inactive (haven't been used in combat for x amount of time) they are removed from the player and returned to where ever they came from (say a location in a zone both factions have to fight each other to get to).

3. Looting in pvp could be as simple as looting a token when you kill someone that can be used for pvp gear.