Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiverrettu View Post
    [B]"Sams clarified that Blizzard had no intentions of leaving WoW behind, only that the studio was secure enough in its sustainability to start transferring some of the mega-popular MMO's top talent over to Titan.
    And there you have it folks...they have been, in fact, transferring the "top talent" to Titan.

If this is the reason behind WoW's "deterioration" or not...I don't know, but it proves something people have been saying for some time and fanboys been denying =/

Anyways, I'm actually pretty interested in this MMOFPS (if it really is a MMOFPS)...
    Hopefully we'll get something from Blizzcon? *fingers crossed*

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, after reading some of the replies on this thread I ask myself "Why do I continue to read these forums?".

Yea I love these threads, coming and seeing all the stupid people "OMG dats wuh WoW suks rite noa11!!1!" Seriously they have been doing this since.. BC? I personally still think WoW is fun after 5 -6 years that I have been playing. I'm excited to see what this new project is and if it might be something I would be interested in playing or not.

It's about time for Blizzard to move on to something else, I wish other gaming companies could take a page from Blizzards book and make a quality game that would keep me interested for even 1/5 of the time I've been playing WoW, I would love that so much, unfortunately most companies are all about visuals and not quantity or the quality of the story/gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    You know, after reading some of the replies on this thread I ask myself "Why do I continue to read these forums?".
    I used to ask myself questions like that. Then I asked the bigger question, "Why the hell am I attempting to engage with anyone over the internet on some sort of intellectual level?", realized that it was pointless, and let apathy set in.

Youre link is 2nd rate new report. Real link from article you posting - at bottom of articles in Gamesrider is Gamasutra: (old article any way)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...ont_Of_WoW.php

from same source:

That expertise in working with the most successful MMORPG in the world for the past several years will prove vital for the success of the new MMO. Sams assured that World of Warcraft is still under the watch of experienced staff, even though key members are moving onto Titan.

"We've spent a lot of time over the last number of years transitioning those people off [of World of Warcraft], and having great people below them that were trained up by them to run World of Warcraft," Sams said. "Those people have been doing it for the last couple of years without the assistance of those people that created it."

Is whole argument of warcraft "B" team on warcraft and "A" team on titan. in this it is why warcraft sucking past 2 year
    also quote:

"We're very confident in that product. It's an awesome one," Sams added. "We're playing it already. It is a total ball to play. We think that the reach of that product is greater than anything that we've done before. We're very excited about that. I believe that it's the type of game that will have a very long life, much like World of Warcraft has."

"So, hopefully in 10, 15 and 20 years, that [new MMO] will still be growing strong and will have set a new mark in the industry for that type of product."

lol 20 years playing same games?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    10 bucks says its a micro transaction based game on facebook.
    kinda sounds like a sucker bet to me. I've been unhappy with how much bliz has goten in bed with FB.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    And there you have it folks...they have been, in fact, transferring the "top talent" to Titan.
    The key word in that sentence is "some".

Deleted
    Again people acting like gaming dev is done in seperated bunkers, without no touch with the outside world.

Most likely Titan devs are just DOWN the all from the WoW devs, just like all the other Blizzard teams. And guess what, they DO check each others works and even help or introduce new ideas that the dev team didn't thought at time.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    As soon as I read the first page I was thinking the exact same thing

hope there will be a titan trailer or something on blizzcon ;x and yeah would be time now if i think back first wow trailer was in 2000 or 2001 ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    really complaining is the most fun thing about wow atm if you are really happy with the pathetic excuse for a pve game go back to grinding heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And guess what, they DO check each others works and even help or introduce new ideas that the dev team didn't thought at time.
    No. Reading carefully next time.

Sams said. "Those people have been doing it for the last couple of years without the assistance of those people that created it."

"without the assistance of those people that created it."

No assistance. On next post no making stuff out from nothing - or linking source on next posting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless there is a planet that is totally medieval
    Discuss..
    Same for me, i most likely won't be playing as i'm not interested in a mmo that is futuristic in any way, i prefer swords/bows and magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    hmmmm i wonder, do you think they'll have some way of transfering things you've spent so long working on in wow across into titan when its finished? i.e. the way they did with gran turismo prologue and the subsiqent full game version.

Maybe they will unveil something at this years Blizzcon. Im personally not a die-hard fan for it since im not into scifi(Titan is confirmed to be EVERYTHING!). Unless there is a planet that is totally medieval; I only play open world medieval RPG's(be they MMORPG's or not) such as the upcoming Arche-Age and Skyrim

Discuss..
    I'm the same way when it comes to video games....medieval style games have always tickled my pickle...and Skyrim looks like its going to be downright amazing.

But back on topic, Titan is rumored to be a lot of things, sci-fi, MMOFPS, MMORPG, etc. Too much to take much seriously....but since Vanilla/BC, I have yet to see a better medieval styled game, and I've always said the only thing that will bring WoW down will be a remake of Vanilla or BC....and maybe that's what Titan is going to be modeled after, since a lot of Blizz's community wants that back....and they say that it's going to compete with WoW but they don't imagine it'll bring WoW down entirely...ahh, one can only hope.

I doubt we'll hear anything about "Titan" at this Blizzcon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    The key word in that sentence is "some".
    Yes, whatever...it might have been 9 out of 10, 1 out of 10 or even 10 out of 10 and they just said "some" to sound a little better to you.

Doesn't change the fact that they did, and after all this time of seeing people denying it and calling "troll" to anyone who would bring that possibility...can't stop myself from having some lols

Anyways, I don't really care about it, doesn't change a thing for me, my account has been frozen for a long time. In fact I'm happy that "top talent" is working on the new project.

Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    No. Reading carefully next time.
    From the link you provided: "Sams assured that World of Warcraft is still under the watch of experienced staff, even though key members are moving onto Titan."

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    Same for me, i most likely won't be playing as i'm not interested in a mmo that is futuristic in any way, i prefer swords/bows and magic.
    Also, if it is a futuristic themed MMO, I'd imagine they would still have melee classes...if thats how its going to be set up....but just a more futuristic-medieval themed game....like Star Wars with Jedi/Sith for example.

Off topic, anxiously awaiting to see how well SWTOR works out....despite all the effort they put into it however, I have a feeling it's going to be a dud like so many MMOs before it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeskies View Post
    Also, if it is a futuristic themed MMO, I'd imagine they would still have melee classes...if thats how its going to be set up....but just a more futuristic-medieval themed game....like Star Wars with Jedi/Sith for example.

Off topic, anxiously awaiting to see how well SWTOR works out....despite all the effort they put into it however, I have a feeling it's going to be a dud like so many MMOs before it. :/
    Your feeling is wrong tbh , u didnt see any real info about it and u prob just heard some GW2 trolls badmouthing it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.