How was Alice: Madness Returns

Really want to buy it, planning on PS3 version cause my computer probably can't make it look nearly as nice (and so I can get the original as well), but I'd really like to know how it is from playerbase.

(I learned a long, long time ago that "official" reviewers can never be trusted)

I found it to be a pretty 'meh' platformer.

If you really are looking for a platformer to play, then I think you should try it..but don't expect to be blown away. It's not horrible, just not amazing.

I personally wouldn't pay for it.

It's been decent enough so far. My only problems are the controls are a little clunky, and sometimes certain mechanics bug. Other than that... It's been fun so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it to be soooo good, but I haven't gotten to see it yet. I love the books and movies.
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

All I can say so far is that it looks "good". It has a certain style, and really makes that look good, but apart from that, I dunno.

I decided to get it, haven't played it much since I am trying to download the original onto my PS3 (Before you computer fanboys say anything, I did look at the PC version, my graphics card couldn't handle it) And all in all, its very fun. Though this is from someone who hasn't play a platformer since... 2006 I think. Its been a long, long time.

Anyway, currently trying to get my PSN account reactivated since it is part of an email I have not used in 3 years :S

I'm really enjoying it at the moment. Just finished with the Hatter, and it was quite a fun (if at times a little convoluted).

It's a great game, First 3-4 chapter's are the best, after that it's bland.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's the best game i played in a long time. but i go more for story, art, atmosphere and not that much for gameplay per se.

the story is really good and nicely told.
    the characters are top notch (and all insane ... which is a bonus i would say).
    the graphic style is incredible.
    the game is so enyojable bizzare sometimes ... it's just heartwarming.
    it's alice in wonderland. you cannot be wrong with this.

i really just was standing around and watched the lvl design instead of actually playing astonishingly often.

but to give a complete picture:

its lacking in the gameplay departement. some very rare puzzles or minigames aside you simply do 3 things:
    -jump over platforms and steamturbines
    -activate buttons to summon platforms and steamturbines to jump on
    -jump on large platforms to kill a bunch of enemies to unlock buttons to summon platforms and steamturbines to jump on

but this actually sounds more boring than it is. the fights are fun, the enemies demand some strategy involving blocking, dodging, aim at specific parts, attacking in the right time or even have different phases with different tactics depending on health.
    the jumping also is totally tolerable. which is mostly due to the lvl design. the movement is precise enough for me (many are bitching about it, but i had no problems...).

if you are one who can appreciate the story and creativity of a game more than the mechanics of it than you could like it. if you liked the first alice or games like legacy of kain and planescape torment (also lacking in the gameplay but a woooha story), than this will be a rare pearl of a game for you.

and just to get it clear: the lvl design is really THAT good. its vacation for a wwII-shooter-plaqued soul...
    Last edited by Sharde; 2011-06-29 at 02:29 AM.

Probably the most underrated game in years. It's a classic platformer.

Man, this makes me want to get the game even more. The first one was brilliant and I'll probably be holding out on the second till I can find a sale on it >.<