Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Assassin's Creed game should I start out with?

So I'm waiting for my guild to start raiding again when 4.2 comes out. Until then, I'm looking to start playing one of the Assassin's Creed games. Which one do I start out with? The first? The second? Wade right into the third?
    I don't mind jumping into a story - I often flip to the middle of a book that starts off slowly and read from there, going back if I think it's worth it. I'm basically looking for excellent gameplay - nothing clunky, which I why I'm not certain I want to buy the first game. Graphics and story is a major plus, as well.

Thanks ^^

The first if you care about whats going on and why everything is like it is, Brotherhood if you want to have the most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should start with....the first?

Deleted
    the first if you expect to understand all the story.
    certainly dont go straight to brotherhood without playing 2 first, because you wont get a damn thing thats going on.

while it was a fair bit reptetive it was still very fun and you will get to see how the game evolved as it went on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I skipped 1. You miss some of the meta-story but it really isn't nothing you can't look up on a wiki in 5 min. The only thing you really miss is the story of Altair who is like the George Washington of Assassins. You definitely need to play 2 before Brotherhood since Brotherhood is a very direct sequel of Assassins Creed 2. I feel like you can play Assassins Creed 1 like Star Wars showing the prequels last.

the first one is the weakest of the series but it is still fun.

The first.

Just don't worry about doing every single thing to get the assassinations.

The story in one is amazing and shouldnt be missed.

Thanks for the replies. Decided on the first. It is currently downloading from steam. If I like it, I'll buy the second one.

Deleted
    Just remember that as the games progress, gameplay gets A LOT less clunkier (especially going from 1 to 2) and the story stays awesome
    Also more weapons to choose from after game 1.

Idk... I've played all 3 and the first one just seemed... not as good storywise. Not to mention the gameplay got much better in AC2.
    The thing is, the main character from the first one isn't playable in the second one... or third.... and won't be in the fourth. I'd just start out with the second.. much more enjoyable.
    ..............,___,
    ..............{o,o} Niteowl says to
    ..............I)__)> GTFO
    .............. " "

Quote Originally Posted by Pindledin View Post
    Just remember that as the games progress, gameplay gets A LOT less clunkier (especially going from 1 to 2) and the story stays awesome
    Also more weapons to choose from after game 1.
    Hey, I liked the second game... but really, there were some glaring moments in AC2 that were batshit. -_-
    I mean, Ezio is dumb as a frigging rock at at least one point in the game. So dumb I struggled to continue playing. ._.;

@People saying play the first. Dont. It was one of the worst games I have ever played. I didnt like the 'reliving your memories' thing either, it feels like its all a dream and if you die who gives a shit, its just a memory, you arent really dead'. It was also the most repetitive game of all time and the jumping mechanic was terrible (it doesnt feel like you are doing it, know what I mean?).

The second one was horrible. I don't get why there's so much hate over the first one in this thread. I hated the second assassins creed so much that after I beat it, I threw the game in the garbage and pretended like the game ended with the first. Seriously, space aliens??????? The secret power was so fucking stupid. You all know it.

Don't even get me started on how stupid and far fetched the whole story was with miles. I'm sorry the second one was just a huge letdown. That's just my opinion though. This statement is not a fact. Your experience may differ.
    Wotlk is the best expansion WoW ever had. GO SHARKS!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    The second one was horrible. I don't get why there's so much hate over the first one in this thread. I hated the second assassins creed so much that after I beat it, I threw the game in the garbage and pretended like the game ended with the first. Seriously, space aliens??????? The secret power was so fucking stupid. You all know it.

Don't even get me started on how stupid and far fetched the whole story was with miles. I'm sorry the second one was just a huge letdown. That's just my opinion though. This statement is not a fact. Your experience may differ.
    Ezio was just better introduced compared to Altair. Maybe that's just me, but Ezio as a person worked way better.
    The gameplay was also largely improved in the second game & brotherhood.. at least I enjoyed it a lot more.

About the story, well, it's "cryptic" and "strange" at the best anyway. I mean the last fight in AC 1 wasn't exactly "realistic" or fitting the theme of the game up until that point. Plus, the first one left me scratching my head just as much as the second and brotherhood.
    I'll probably play all ACs from now on until I get a damn conclusion to the story :[

The one on Ipod!!

Deleted
    I just like Altair as a character more than Ezio. (outfit was awesome )
    Space aliens did seem odd at the end of the second one though... at least at the end of the 1st one it was all about memory bleed and him seeing things.
    Tried to play my mates copy of Brotherhood... bored after 30min, pretty much the same game as 2 meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl15 View Post
    Idk... I've played all 3 and the first one just seemed... not as good storywise. Not to mention the gameplay got much better in AC2.
    The thing is, the main character from the first one isn't playable in the second one... or third.... and won't be in the fourth. I'd just start out with the second.. much more enjoyable.
    What are you talking about? If you read, then you'd know Altair is going to be playable in Revelations and you'll also be able to play more as Desmond.

You say you dont really care about the story, but SERIOUSLY I advise you to play I, II and then BH, because story in this game is really amazing. So start with I as you decided, and play II shortly after.

If you really care about the story, start with the first one, otherwise I'd say you can start with the second one.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    First may get repetitive after a while and the second one has a much better story and gameplay compared to the first.