Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    You know, this makes me really curious. All of the world looks at the US as violent and what not because we... you know... we're the US, and yet... we're like the only country that never has riots for sports. I wonder why that is?
    Los Angeles had one in 2009 and 2010 when the Lakers won. I do believe we had one in 2000 as well. Then again, does the US claim LA anymore? =P
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    You know, this makes me really curious. All of the world looks at the US as violent and what not because we... you know... we're the US, and yet... we're like the only country that never has riots for sports. I wonder why that is?
    Because Americans are to fat and lazy eating their fourth cheeseburger on the way out of the stadiums to riot.

Lol, its not bashing since I'm American, its just true

Quote Originally Posted by Angyles View Post
    I thought only LA did this. Stop stealing our thing Canada!

All joking aside, it is a bit sickening to watch. =[
    Technically we'd both be stealing England's thing. European Football Hooliganism is the original.

They aren't really fans just people who expected to take advantage of the situation and blend into the mob that existed in support of the team.

Yeah I was just there during the game and left cause I knew riots would happen if they lost, same thing happened in 1994. You guys might say its just a game, but I understand how upset people get. Yes, this is completely unacceptable and its mainly the whackjobs doing all the intense stuff. However, its not just a game for people in Vancouver and Canada because its been wut? 100 years since Vancouver had the cup? Yeah, its that fucking long and its been a LONG time since Canada had the cup. SO its not just a game, but these riots are just stupid

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 people confirmed dead. I think one of them was an older looking Bruins fan in a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry7212 View Post
    Because Americans are to fat and lazy eating their fourth cheeseburger on the way out of the stadiums to riot.

Lol, its not bashing since I'm American, its just true
    Maybe you should move
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Still watching it live on the local news. I don't live right downtown, but close enough to be aware.
    It's sad really, I wish these twits would stop. I really don't like them representing our city this way
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. Most folks I've talked to were more than a little irritated by the Canucks' arrogance going into game 4 - to the point where most of em were cheering for the Bruins heading in to this one.

Actual Canadians get more ice-time in the Bruins than the Canucks anyway, hence the massive hooplah on the media (outside of Vancouver of course) as to which team actually was the Canadian one.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    HAHAHAHA, that's a good one!
    Oh we have riots. I know that for sure, but out of all our riots (that is to say mass riots, not a few drunk guys going out and smashing up cars), I can only think of the LA riots being sports related, maybe our news ignores the US riots and sensationalizes international riots or something... just an odd thing that I've noticed I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Emidizzle View Post
    3 people confirmed dead. I think one of them was an older looking Bruins fan in a jersey.
    Stop lying. You are fully lying.
    The city's mayor Gregor Robinson has just stated there are NO confirmed fatalities on ctv news about 3minutes ago.
    Stop trying to add to things.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Deleted
    In Sovjet Russia, riot starts hockey.

sorry just had to :P also it's stupid when people start fightning eachother or set things on fire after losing a game.. c'mon it's just a game! you got winners and losers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You haven't seen anything yet.
    Wait til you see what Leafs fans do to Toronto... When we win a first round playoff game.

you must be confused with montreal....

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god... Must admit, some sports fans are REAL douchebags.

*Points at the smart guy on 0:21, thinking it's smart to do push-ups next to the fire cause that makes him COOL*

And to think this is a usual thing in Football here in Greece... But hey, OUR sports fans are really, really dumber than the rest of the world (I mean it).

And then, of course, videos of "policemen" hitting fans come up in the internet, and people start screaming "OH EM GEE, THIS IS THE POLICE? THEY ARE BASTARDS, ALL OF THEM. And they should die. And stuff.". Those guys deserve to be hit, it's not the police's fault. When you go on and burn cars of OTHERS, it doesn't make you smart. It makes you a pussy. Go burn your own car.

/rant off
    Last edited by Vordie; 2011-06-16 at 06:04 AM.

If the Canucks won they probably would have done the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    you got to love all the idiot cheering in the crowd on ctv... little do they now they're most likely gonna get charged with something.. l2 hide your faces...

Vancouver fans rioted in 1994 after losing to the Rangers; one more time and it's a tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Agreed, it's the same old assholes, being assholes for any reason they can find.
    /facepalm

(I promise, the majority of us are NOT in on this shit, most of us are disgusted)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    Stop lying. You are fully lying.
    The city's mayor Gregor Robinson has just stated there are NO confirmed fatalities on ctv news about 3minutes ago.
    Stop trying to add to things.
    Right. Like the mayor would release that info right away. Don't believe everything your mayor tells you. There have been stabbings and fatalities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post

big slap in the face considering how the olympics turned out for that city.. and the gold medal game... i promise you the city of vancouver will no longer be so generous in terms of gatherings like that..

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    big slap in the face considering how the olympics turned out for that city.. and the gold medal game... i promise you the city of vancouver will no longer be so generous in terms of gatherings like that..
    I hope they don't put up the TVs next year. Imagine if they lost the gold medal game though? Who knows what they would have done. Then again that game started at noon and not at 5pm, so people were far less shit faced.