Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    To be fair, if you're an Alliance player, you never would have heard the name, save if you read The Shattering book. It's never mentioned in an Alliance quest in game.
    Or as most of the people I raid with are working on getting ready for progression rather than lore.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Easier said than done...everyone went their separate ways, I am on a bad server and there is no such thing for pugging on most servers now. 10s take a balance of certain classes/abilties and without those you will never get a 13/13 or in this case 7/7 team together. That is why FOTM is so prevelant is because if you want to play you have to play certain classes if not your like me and just running around Stormwind with nothing to do.
    We do this with mains all the time for progression, while doing firelands it is obivous that it is alot easier on heals and dps from range so we are gearing melee with range alts for progression. Why would you take a non-favorable class and gear them up over a class that will greatly outdps them? Who doesnt have alts geared the hell out now 7 months into progression in case you need to switch? We did the same thing having our dps warrior go back to tank again knowing that UH and Frost are going to do alot more dps while pushing progression.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Again I do agree with some of your responses but then I disagree:

1). While I am not as strict as Min/Max as other people there is a level of where you need to be at. For example if its your possible best set-up why would you not be using such tools at your disposal. Sure agility weapons are out there but its like a Frost Dk using a 2 hander or a Fury Warrior that doesnt use the best possible set up for DPS (1/2 Hander build). You can do that but your doing a dis-service to your potential.

2). DPS shine more in 10 man than they do 25s. Also my point was that you do see raid stacking in 25 man guilds. Why? Due to the fact that make the kill quicker or bring strong utility.

3). Point is you still share that ability. Once the ability is used your lockout from using it. Therefore if the mage uses it you lose your more efficient heroism.

4). I orginially did have the role of the interuptor in my post, but I guess I accidently edited it out. Yeah we bring a good interupt, but so do most other classes, especially tanks/melee have some sort of kick mechanic. Sure it makes a fight like Halfus easier, but its possible to have two rogues to do the same thing. In 25 man Nef you can have tanks and healers interupt too. Does having a dps shaman make the communitication easier, sure, does it trivialize the event, nope. Now we can look like a fight such as Heroic Twin Dragons, having two sub rogues trivializes the encounter.

On a side note how many bosses require an interupt mechanic in Firelands? While I love the concept of interups I have a feeling the community wants such mechanics to be reduced in the future and its starting to show.

5). Unless you are progression and hitting the enrage, yes dps does matter. This isnt a best of the best arguement where you stack feral druids or afflicition locks, there is still an issue about enrage mechanics. If your the weakest dps consistently guess what (I am talking about people of equal skill who know how to use their rotation/cds/priorities efficiently without fail).

While Sinestra was a gimmick fight its still the "prestige" fight of the previous tier.

This isn't a FOTM issue. I have played as a dps shaman for years. My guild just recently disbanded and let me ask you this. Why is every guild I am applying to asking me to resubmit my application as a different class? I show a strong interview but they don't want my class. Why? Because they don't bring good utility to a 25 compared to their lack of dps potential or totems they bring (every class in some way can bring the same buffs an Enhance shaman brings). If I am getting this message from Top 150 guilds then there must be a trend is there not?
    I got to laugh at the person you replied to saying that the only people caring about dps are the people worried about their epeens. You are a dps class and if you are 4-5k behind the top dps why give a enh shaman gear over a hunter who will do 4-5k dps over you? A guild that isnt worried about progression possibly or a casual guild most likely but any guild like a Top 150 is going to put the mini/max classes in, thats the idea of a good raid leader putting the best tanks,healers and dps in the raid for the fastest progression.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    Thank you. I play an ENH shaman, and I realize our spec has some significant issues, but seriously, some people just make it the center of their game time how terribly, awfully, seriously weak they are. They forget that there's 9 others, someone's gonna be lowest of the DPS (despite the difference being pretty small) and the loot and valor are the same regardless of what end you're on. If your guild is telling you to sit out content so THEY can succeed, then you have a crappy guild, and should be looking for one where people are more important then content.
    In Other words forget progression guilds or you can join a casual guild that thinks they are pushing progression lol. It is the raid leaders job to put the best team in the raid,highest tps,hps and dps and putting someone whose a GOOD guy over a better player is a bad raid leader who wont see any real progression.

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So can we officially say blizz has ret conned the maelstrom. I mean its been that way for thousands of years but its just now a problem?
    It's been a danger for all this time, but it worsened due to the Cataclysm. It was self contained before that. Deathwing ripped a hole between Deepholm and Azeroth, with the hole being at the Maelstrom to worsen the effects.

While at that point in time the world pillar has been restored and most of the danger there is gone, it is still a heavy focal point for the elements with there being at least three of the four present visibly, not sure on fire, so is a good spot to try and contact the elemental spirits for Thrall. Though the life element he seems to be forgetting, then again so does wow entirely except for some crafting stuff.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

We still have yet to see how the Abyss will be handled in Vashj'ir, which somewhat ties in the Maelstrom, Vashj, the condemned Highborne, and the other events layed out in Goldens' "The Shattering"

Road to truth

Road to the Truth can be found at the following address: truenewworld.com (attention, it is not the ad of the site - it is the ad of the Truth).