Thread: T12 Moonkin BiS

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    OP chardevs updated (finally).
    please let me know if i missed something.

start finishing up your sets as this tier comes to an end Soon™
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-10-11 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    some typo there

Ok so the LW with DI setup is showing as about 120 dps higher in wrathcalcs for me (NE and my professions) but the non-LW with DI setup is showing as about 336 dps higher in rawr. I haven't tried either in simcraft yet but which one is to be believed?

Quote Originally Posted by Minze View Post
    some typo there
    bah.. fail, fixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Ok so the LW with DI setup is showing as about 120 dps higher in wrathcalcs for me (NE and my professions) but the non-LW with DI setup is showing as about 336 dps higher in rawr. I haven't tried either in simcraft yet but which one is to be believed?
    I've never tried Rawr so can't comment on that but on the other hand I've spent lots of time comparing Simcraft and wrathcalcs and I've always felt that Wrathcalcs is more precise.

Simcraft usually puts our dps much lower compared to Wrathcalcs.
    Last edited by mmoc15cdbb3260; 2011-10-13 at 06:29 PM.

Oh nice, the With DI no LW hits the 2637 breakpoint without having a heroic relic!

the breakpoint is 2639....
    correct me if im wrong lol.

Its 2637.

As far as simcraft is concerned, I have found the action list for boomkins quite poor. I've made some tweaks to it but it still seems a little low.

hmm so it is,
    not sure where I've been looking at my numbers now, obviously outdated. should really have just check wrathcalcs... but the table i had was handy for a quick glance.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-10-14 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Its 2637.

As far as simcraft is concerned, I have found the action list for boomkins quite poor. I've made some tweaks to it but it still seems a little low.
    At least for BiS gear it's actually not far off, you can squeeze in another few hundred DPS by optimizing it but that's all.

In the end it's still thousand times better than WrathCalcs which doesn't model a rotation at all and works mostly off assumptions.

I've never tried Rawr so can't comment on that but on the other hand I've spent lots of time comparing Simcraft and wrathcalcs and I've always felt that Wrathcalcs is more precise.

Simcraft usually puts our dps much lower compared to Wrathcalcs.
    You feel it's more precise because the damage numbers are higher? I hope that's not serious. We don't need those tools to show us how much damage we do - you can already do that by just using Recount. We need them to show us how different gear, talent and rotational choices alter our damage - and that doesn't work without a properly modelled rotation.

Not to mention optimizing the rotation and properly adjusting the settings (fight duration/DI/FM/Tricks/PI) you actually get fairly representative numbers.
    Last edited by GT4; 2011-10-17 at 11:00 AM.

is regular VPLC better then heroic Necromatic Focus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    You feel it's more precise because the damage numbers are higher? I hope that's not serious. We don't need those tools to show us how much damage we do - you can already do that by just using Recount. We need them to show us how different gear, talent and rotational choices alter our damage - and that doesn't work without a properly modelled rotation.

Not to mention optimizing the rotation and properly adjusting the settings (fight duration/DI/FM/Tricks/PI) you actually get fairly representative numbers.
    What I meant is that when I upgrade gear, swap talents and change glyphs Wrathcalcs is very accurate in the %(or xxx dps increase/loss) whereas Simcraft just randomly pulls a number out its ass and it's not even close to the in-game numbers. (In 99% of the cases the "upgrade" is shown as much lower than it actually is).

Now I'm sure not everyone agrees but this is my conclusion after having followed both wrathcalcs and simcraft through cataclysm. Wrathcalcs is more accurate to our (read: mine) performance at least.

I just decided to also mention that Simcraft shows our dps lower than it actually is. I never said that's the main reason why it's bad.

In other words, to make it simple for you. I believe that Wrathcalcs is more precise to what we perform in-game, I dont know why and tbh I don't really care
    Last edited by mmoc15cdbb3260; 2011-11-01 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typo