Thread: T12 Moonkin BiS

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

T12 Moonkin BiS

Head: Obsidian Arborweave Cover - Ragnaros (Heroic)

Neck: Flowform Choker - Majordomo Staghelm (Heroic)

Shoulder: Flickering Shoulderpads of the Undertow - Shannox (Heroic)

Back: Wings of Flame - Alysrazor (Heroic)

Chest: Obsidian Arborweave Vestment - Alysrazor (Heroic)

Wrist: Glowing Wing Bracers - Baleroc (Heroic)

Hands: Obsidian Arborweave Gloves - Baleroc (Heroic)

Waist: Firescar Sash - Avengers of Hyjal (Honored)

Legs: Obsidian Arborweave Leggings - Shannox (Heroic)

Feet: Phoenix-Down Treads - Alysrazor (Heroic)

Finger: Crystal Prison Band - Shannox (Heroic)
    Finger: Infernal Signet of the Avengers - Avengers of Hyjal (Exalted)

Trinket: Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor - Ragnaros (Heroic)
    Trinket: Darkmoon Card: Volcano - Darkmoon Faire (Volcanic Deck) With DI
    Trinket: Necromantic Focus - Baleroc (Heroic) With out DI

Relic: Soulflame Vial - Valor Vendor (700 VP) + Crystallised Firestone

Staff: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest - Legendary quest chain
    OR
    Main hand: Ko'gun, Hammer of the Firelord - Ragnaros (Heroic)
    Off-hand: Goblet of Anger - Shannox (Heroic)

CharDev Profiles (reforging, enchants, NO PROFESSIONS):
    With DI and LW: http://chardev.org/?profile=249824
    With DI: http://chardev.org/?profile=249823
    Without DI: http://chardev.org/?profile=249822
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-10-12 at 11:40 PM.

Bravo !

Im only wondering what offpiece will be better.

Shoulders (random ench) - Hit/spirit haste ones

or

those legs u choose

where are trinkets /??

didnt put trinkets yet, not sure if the weightings that have been tested on EJ are accurate yet or still in progress.
    i can add them, but they are subject to change

*Edit* EJ doesnt even have testing done for all available trinkets.
    currently staying as DMC:Volcano and HeroicNecromantic focus

also, Heroic Sinestra just killed, woot =]
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-06-16 at 12:31 PM.

two read sockets and an intellect bonus on our tier legs along with spirit would make me wanna grab those instead of the shoulders.. but thats just me saying from first glance

didnt even see the Random enchant shoulders.
    any idea on the values of each stat on them?

the legs have a lot of crit, which isnt ideal, even with reforging.

2 cents

With how the 4-piece T12 works I believe mastery's weight will def be multiplied. I don't know if it will ever surpass haste but may work like warlock dots to a point where you just reach the haste threshold.

the trinket off heroic rag will be BIS with heroic necromancer 2nd pretty much guarenteed for BIS. If the trinket damage being nature like it is scales off our mastery whell in eclipse it may even be BIS next tier like shard of woe level greatness.

Deleted
    i would prefer t12 boomkin head/chest/gloves/legs and take resto shoulders as offset... am i so wrong? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Rheeva View Post
    i would prefer t12 boomkin head/chest/gloves/legs and take resto shoulders as offset... am i so wrong? :-/
    Nah, you are right resto shoulder are really good and easy to get
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

necromatic and light capacitor will probs be bis and offset lets are bis offset

Quote Originally Posted by qae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheeva View Post
    Nah, you are right resto shoulder are really good and easy to get
    heres a comparison:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...80.0.0.0.52207

with some quick reforging:

38 Mastery (0.21)
    33 Haste (0.26%)

vs

30 Int
    21 Spi
    41 Crit (0.23%)

ignoring the crit and excess spirit, does 30 int outweigh 33 haste and 38 mastery?

Int

Spirit

SP

Hit

Crit

Haste

Mastery

Going off those stat weightings at simulationcraft.org, it doesnt.

I'l create another comparison for that setup in a while and post it anyway.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-06-17 at 04:40 AM.

correct me if im wrong, but seeing as the 4set bonus should promote mastery more after a certain haste break point shouldnt we not care about haste after the 1926 haste breakpoint for our dots? the one after that is 3101 with nature's grace and 5% spell haste buff which looks not possible to get in 4.2 and if you are getting dark intent then you would need 2637 haste with DI+NG+raid which still might not be possible. so after you have your 4 set and pass the 1926 haste breakpoint (should be a joke since we can do it in 359's) we should reforge or even gem (if viable) to mastery or crit?

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    ignoring the crit and excess spirit, does 30 int outweigh 33 haste and 38 mastery?
    Int3.1599 Spirit2.4040 SP2.3769 Hit2.3950 Crit0.8744 Haste1.9112 Mastery1.2450
    Going off those stat weightings at simulationcraft.org, it doesnt.
    Why would you ignore spirit and crit in the first place? Of course, if you ignore half the stat gain from the tier legs setup then the tier shoulders will be better.Crit is weak, but still has value (thats the whole point of stat weights).Spirit, even if over hit cap, can usually be considered to at least have the same value as haste since that is the stat excess spirit is reforged to usually.As far as i can tell, using the exact same stat weights, the tier legs setup is better.
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!

the spirit was excess spirit (spirit + hit > 1742), after a quick reforge, which is why i weighted it as 0 ( it is worthless beyond that point)
    i never ignored all the crit from the tier legs either. i ignored the difference of the 2 sets [Tier Shoulders, Offset Legs] vs [Tier legs, Resto shoulders] (41 crit rating)

even factoring the 41 crit, the non-tier leg setup comes out at a higher weighting.

have another look at the comparison link provided, i already changed the relic to get rid of some spirit, and couldn't eliminate more and
    feel free to link a comparison to your reforging on those 2 sets (or your own sets), and i can gladly update the lists
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-06-17 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly I think that the non spirit relic is better as it provides close to the same haste and 80 or so Mastery. Specially considering if you take the spirit trinket and that all items are gonna have more spirit in 4.2.

the items listed are not going to change the amount of spirit they have in 4.2....
    the spirit trinket may not be BiS, which is why i listed it third.

spirit and haste have higher weightings, its better to reforge from them than to take the mastery relic
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-06-17 at 07:20 AM.

There's enough spirit gear to not sacrifice a primary stat int slot for a spirit trinket.
    You can reforge spirit on, you can't reforge int onto gear, the use on quintessence isn't near close to worth it.

updated. volcano is better than fiery, still not sure about lightning capacitor, cant find data on it, but it still has the highest int around

Quote Originally Posted by zearrow View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but seeing as the 4set bonus should promote mastery more after a certain haste break point shouldnt we not care about haste after the 1926 haste breakpoint for our dots? the one after that is 3101 with nature's grace and 5% spell haste buff which looks not possible to get in 4.2 and if you are getting dark intent then you would need 2637 haste with DI+NG+raid which still might not be possible. so after you have your 4 set and pass the 1926 haste breakpoint (should be a joke since we can do it in 359's) we should reforge or even gem (if viable) to mastery or crit?
    Even with a 13th DoT tick at 1924 i think you're still forgetting about Wrath and Starfire. At 1924 Haste your Wrath is still no where near GCD. The reason the cast time on Wrath and Starfire was increased in the expansion was so boomkins would not be hitting a soft haste cap so easily (if ever). So no even at a 13th DoT tick haste will still be far more beneficial than Mastery. As for whether or not it will be possible to reach the next haste cap at 2637 (assumign your getting DI) will certainly be reachable in firelands. I'm still 3 pieces away from full BiS (sinestra boots and cloak, conclave ring) and sitting at 2410 haste when using my Bell trinket. Picking up an approximately 200 haste in firelands doesn't seem all the difficult, especially when getting heroic gear which is almost 20ilvl points higher.