Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post
    well thats what you were talking about no? since I have to remove the XP disk and I can't boot without it?
    The command will work if you run it from the recovery system thats present on Windows Vista & Windows 7 installation media, yes. That said, it should also give you the ability to do it via GUI (somewhere, been years).
    edit: if you multiboot on the same disk, with different windows, does this mean that removing the one you installed first will always cause problems?
    Not if the system includes Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (or a Linux bootloader). All of these create a separate partition that houses solely the bootloader and basic diagnostic tools, allowing any operating system partition to be removed (or added).
    This is the "System Reserved" partition at 100mb you may have seen in Disk Management.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-06-17 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    after about 1 hour 30 mins it finally works!
    used the bootrec command, didn't work, even worse, couldn't boot at all anymore with both hdds in.
    but it works now

something from windows then automaticly ran, dont know what its name is, to check all files.
    took forever, but now I can access everything!

thanks for all your replies and help!

Glad to hear it's working.

That automatic thing is probably chkdisk, if it was at start, and blue, it was in it's boot scan mode. Great little program when it works.
    Raaniosi - lvl 100 Forsaken Warlock

Deleted
    yes it was chkdisk , but it was black tho