Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Efficient way to quickly prospect ore?

I'm currently prospecting about 500 stacks a day and honestly its driving me crazy. I have a macro set so all I have to do is press one button over and over again, but is there any addon out there that I missed that can help speed this up?

Nope, no way to automate those clicks in game unfortunately. Your only option for that would be a third party program, which of course is heavily frowned upon.

Yeah, not going to use anything of that nature, guess I just have to suck it up.

Make a lil auto script to press certain button every 5 secs, Start it up and walk away.

Deleted
    Not sure if it can be considered a "third part program" but:

Just hope for better results than Homer's

No, seriously, you can't do anything more :|

you can use a macro by doing the following

/cast prospect
    /use <what ever ore>

you can list different ore
    but have to remember to stack your odd stack last so that it doesn't stop the process

Yeah, that's the macro I currently use.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarantz View Post
    you can use a macro by doing the following

/cast prospect
    /use <what ever ore>

you can list different ore
    but have to remember to stack your odd stack last so that it doesn't stop the process
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm currently prospecting about 500 stacks a day and honestly its driving me crazy. I have a macro set so all I have to do is press one button over and over again, but is there any addon out there that I missed that can help speed this up?
    °-°

10chars

There are keyboards you can use that press the same button over and over (as in script). Don't have one and not sure which one work that way, but think the G15 one as this option?

Quote Originally Posted by Mob View Post
    Not sure if it can be considered a "third part program" but:

Just hope for better results than Homer's

No, seriously, you can't do anything more :|
    Gimme And +1 for homor reference! Very good.

Deleted
    Bind the macro posted earlier in this thread on your mouse wheel and scroll away. Sometimes the new prospecting process starts even before you've looted the previous gems which makes prospecting a lot faster than if you waited for the auto loot and then pressed a button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
    Bind the macro posted earlier in this thread on your mouse wheel and scroll away. Sometimes the new prospecting process starts even before you've looted the previous gems which makes prospecting a lot faster than if you waited for the auto loot and then pressed a button.
    This is perhaps the easiest way to do it Autoclickers are no-go if you ask blizz.

There are programmable keyboards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    There are programmable keyboards.
    Those are against Blizzard's rules unfortunately and will get your account banned when they notice what you are doing. You need to be there, clicking a button yourself. Any kind of botting or hard-ware macroing are against the rules because it doesn't involve you pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    #show elementium ore
    /cast Prospecting
    /use Elementium Ore

Autoclicker set up to click every 4 seconds gg

Been doing it since the beginning of wrath.

What I do is I put the prospecting Macro on my wireless Mouse mousewheel up and down... then watch some TV while I keep scrolling

Well it depends on if you want to break the ToS. There's a couple programmable keyboards that are 100% undetectable to the Warden because they handle the automation at the hardware level. That's not to say a GM couldn't stand there with a stopwatch and see that your key presses are exactly 3000ms apart, but those guys are minimum wage script monkeys who don't care enough about their job enough to sit there timing you for an hour.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

I think this thread is dangerously close to the terms of mmochampion as well... but be that as it may, latency would presumably make a hardware level repeat not show as identical clicks. It would be hard to run a script to see toons that are repeatedly pressing a button excactly 3 sec apart; there would be no "proof" (not that they need any). If your concerned, wouldnt press you luck.

but seriously, prospecting, and to a slightly lesser extent, milling, and to a great extent enchanting, are really dumb... there is no good reason to click through all of that. they designed the game for the gems to come from ore, and yet make us waste so much time to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchantrix - http://enchantrix.org/

that doesnt do anything but provide an identical macro to what he has...