Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Discepline PvE Dps specc ?

i love to experiement with all different classes and try out new stuff, so i was thinking of a Disc priest as PvE specc that spam only smite, holy fire as dps and as buffs power infusion, archangel but is it possible that this will do more damage than shadow ? i don't have the right Gear + char for this so i thinking if maybe you peeps know anything about it... A guide or something.

Thx

Deleted
    Shadow Spec does more damage than shadow spec. Always. I'm serious.

All shadow spells in their entirety do more damg than Smite/Holy Fire/Nova, Mind Sear, SWP/DP combined in either way.

I think in longer fights you would go oom while only doing damage and only using your fiend.

EDIT: That would be your char: 8401 SP, 26,78% haste, 23,27% Crit
    Last edited by mmoc80e4089929; 2011-06-16 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Disc/Holy are Supportive specs.
    Shadow is an Offensive spec

Offensive > Supportive in DPS so Disc will never beat Shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be fun to test with tho. See how much you can get for how long
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's not viable in a way. If it ever becomes viable Blizzard will nerf it. They came out and said that they have no plans to support it.
    Back in WotLK a hybrid between Holy and Discipline was able to do okay damage so they could do 5 man heroics.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    actually at the start of the T11 content, a lot of priests specced disc and played as dps on halfus wyrmbreaker: cause of a gimmick of the fight, it was a really effective way to heal thru smite spamming. nonetheless, their dps was always half if not less than shadow priests.

while it may be possible to level a lowbie priest as disc (penance and holy fire ftw) i can't imangine it being anything other than a healing spec in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deelok View Post
    actually at the start of the T11 content, a lot of priests specced disc and played as dps on halfus wyrmbreaker: cause of a gimmick of the fight, it was a really effective way to heal through smite spamming. nonetheless, their dps was always half if not less than shadow priests.
    And what did Blizzard do in response?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    i love to experiement with all different classes and try out new stuff, so i was thinking of a Disc priest as PvE specc that spam only smite, holy fire as dps and as buffs power infusion, archangel but is it possible that this will do more damage than shadow ?
    If shadow is 5 level below you - of course :P

Just kidding You can try, and it can be joyful, but you will just need Attonement to succesfully heal while dps.

Kinda "Sup dog, I heard u liek dps, so we put a attonement in your tree, so you can dps while you heal"

as i leveled my priest. Thats how i healed 5-mans... i did more dps then other dps in the group. end game.. it could be something fun to try in a 25-man grp as a heals/dps role. but at lest on my server, few if any guilds run 25-mans
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    as i leveled my priest. Thats how i healed 5-mans... i did more dps then other dps in the group. end game.. it could be something fun to try in a 25-man grp as a heals/dps role. but at lest on my server, few if any guilds run 25-mans
    Leveling content =/= endgame

You don't do nearly as much DPS in Atonement spec as any DPS. A DPS in blues could outdps a disc priest in 372 gear, that's how little DPS you do with Atonement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

No, you'll never be able to do more than you can as Shadow, and I am saying this as someone who uses my DPS gear to AA/A heal with in 5 mans.

But I am able to get up to 60-70% of the DPS I would do as shadow in single target fights while keeping the tank and melee healed if I cast only Holy Fire and Smite. In 2-3 target or fights with movement, shadow obviously pulls further ahead.

Tech. my shadow gear isn't optimize for this either, since you would want as little Spirit/Hit as possible.
    Last edited by Solia; 2011-06-16 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiritus did a cool look at a theoretical Disc XPS spec that was fun to read, and could be viable if your group wanted to run 2.5 healers or something. The guide was a sticky, but I don't see it anymore (even buried) so he may have pulled it down. It will never come close to the damage of Shadow, but it's an interesting concept if you'd like to play around with it.

I'm surprised that the above poster can reach 60-70% of your Shadow DPS as Disc, even if you are only casting Holy Fire and Smite. Then again, if you are rocking pure DPS gear it makes sense. I'd say a hybrid build like this could be viable, but I doubt it will see much play outside of gimmick fights like Halfus. Even so, it's an interesting concept.

Things like this are what keeps wow interesting, we need more of it imo.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

The tree reduction and forcing 31 talents into a single tree pretty much killed any creativity with odd hybrid specs.

Trust me as a long time Priest who has always had fun playing with different specs and I understand the intrigue. Check out a build I submitted to WoW Insider back in the day.

While these can be fun I agree they are not really viable in a raid setting especially with the way Blizzards has trimmed the talent trees. It is pretty much go cookie cutter or go home. Still the game is about fun so if the group of people you are running with don't have issues with it then go for it...see what you can do. Otherwise be prepared to get flamed.
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2011-06-16 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's a viable dps option, but you can definatelly replace one healer spots with smite in most raids

I never tried only smiting, I always end up shielding, poh, bubble, etc, so I can't tell how much dps is possible

I'll try to get into a raid this week or next as a pure Holy Fire/Smite and post logs. Should be interesting to see how much DPS/healing is done.

Also, I don't think mana will be an issue as Evangelism makes this VERY mana efficient. And a Volcano proc/Mana Hymn/Fiend is 65% mana if timed correctly.

I ran a smite/atonement spec a few weeks back just to test viability on Magmaw 10 man.
    1246977 or 83.7 % of dmg
    187726 or12.6 % of dmg
    54380 or 3.7 % of dmg

Overall miss rate of 14.0 % forgot glyph

Had a little over 8k dps. Not bad with having to heal as well. Other healers said fight seemed easier. Usually heal a Disc no Atonement spec after initially doing it as Holy. Staying with no atonement spec as trying to dps is clunky at best.

Why would you DPS with Penance?

But yea, not having the glyph skews the results quite a bit.