Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cause: Most players now only play BGs for a reason.

1: Farming gear(honor)
    2: ????
    3: Nothing more.

Now, Blizzard are really MAKING us play BGs, even tho, Myself I hate 'em. It's boring, it's messy, it doesnt require skill.
    It's no point of RBGs. IMO(!) RBGs is for those who can't get 2.2k rating in arena and are stuck at 1800 or something. It's kinda bullshit tbh.
    (No offence to those RBG players)
    I'm a kittycat

People do RBGs, on some servers more than others. Some people like RBGs.

Most don't though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    What I first thought it mean was if you solely arena your cap would be 2/3s of what it would be if you had the same rating but in rbgs.

Now I've read that it means you can only earn 2/3 of cap from arena and have to get the last 1/3 from rbgs, it's not really a big deal. At least on my server pug grps for it everyday, and with next patch I'd imagine even more.

What I do worry about this though is less hardcore may stay away from the pvp scene.
    You were right the first time. See what I posted above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Darn, I wish I could have hidden in my ignorance and just lied to myself till patch day. Forcing RBGs is going to be the most painful thing, as finding 9 other people to push for a higher cap is just going to be agony.

At least I mastered the art of AoE spamming this season, ez 2,2k RBG inc. Skillz bro.

Edit: Rereading some of the post, I am still uncertain on a few things. Do you need a high RBG rating to maximize on CP or can you have a 2400 arena and an incompetent RBG group just to farm the missing points?
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-06-16 at 07:12 PM.

I like all of the RBG hate in here. Seriously, if arena players are so "good" and they can crush all of the little RBG players, then why does gear matter?

It's funny when I see arena players always say "Gear does not equal skill" but they will always be the first to bitch when another group of players gets gear faster (PVe players and now RBG players).

Keep complaining guys. I really like the fact that Blizzard is trying to amend there mistake of adding arena to this game.
    Wotlk is the best expansion WoW ever had. GO SHARKS!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    People just don't like RBGs.
    Mostly cause they don't have the patience for finding 10 people/guildies.

They can be alot of fun but more often than not Arena is where the dick-heads are.

Arena is also where the ego's are the biggest,they're heads are so massive they can't fit through a door

This was their most recent statement finally clarifying things.

Example: During the first week of Season 10 everyone starts with a rating below 1500. Therefore, the cap from Rated Battlegrounds will be 1500 and the cap from Arena rating will be 1000. In the first week, the character wins enough Arena matches to reach the 1000 point cap. After that point, Arena wins will no longer grant Conquest points for the week. However, the character can still earn up to 500 additional points, but can only earn those points from either Rated Battlegrounds, or from the Conquest Point bonus for holiday and/or daily random Battlegrounds. The following week the cap will be recalculated based on the character's ratings, and it is possible Arena rating could now generate the higher cap. The second week, the character's cap from Arena rating is 1600, and the cap from Rated Battlegrounds is 1500. The character has a total cap of 1600 Conquest points for the week. Up to 1500 points can be earned from Rated Battlegrounds, but the last 100 must come from a different source.
    They have switched the wording around a lot during the PTR but at least now we can get our full cap. Before they had said that arena cap would always be 2/3 the equivalent RBG cap no matter what which essentially fucked arena players but this most recent "clarification" at least says we can get that last bit if we want to. When they were saying that we could never get those extra 33% I was livid with this I'm only halfway to canceling my sub.

I hate RBG's. I hate this change. But if we want to remain competitive I guess we will have to find pug RBG's to get those pts. I think its terrible that a 3k team can only get the same amount of pts as a 1800 RBG team can if they only decide to do arena. This is all a ploy to falsify numbers so they can show investors that the money they spent on RBG's was well spent. They opted for RBG's in lieu of making all spells work differently on players because RBG's we were supposed to be their "balance" bracket (i.e. you cant tell if 1 class is OP because 5 DPS are attacking you at the same time). We hated them. Myself and countless other Beta testers said we hated them and that the average PvPer would too. But oh well they are the ones losing money for terrible decisions.

I personally think RBG rating required for T2 should be around 2.8-3k because they take zero skill. Today me and one of my partners were doing some new alt arenas for fun his druid had 1 blue pvp piece(trinket of course) the rest were lvling green and blues with an epic ring from troll Heros and I was in full Bthirsty playing in the 1800-1900 MMR range. We were meeting T2 geared teams and beating them 50% of the time. We are duelist quality players but nothing amazing. I think that alone should show you how meaningless RBG's are in the grand scheme of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Yea that's what I thought too...

So guess I can confirm my statement now: It sucks donkeyballs that they're allowing RBG'ers, who already had a waaaay to easy time getting T2 weapons basically for free, to also get more/easier points every week now.

RBG was faceroll enough. Now it's beyond retarded to be honest. Expected so much of RBG before Cataclysm, thought I wouldn't do anything else besides that when they implemented it. Turned out to be the biggest failure in WoW PvP history, and the best part is that Blizzard doesn't want to admit it. Instead they force people to play it. Way to go Blizzard.

That is the whole point though. They are trying to force participation into them, but they've been doing that for a LOOOONG time now with Arena, and now they just shifted the forced play for gearing to RBG's. It will probably work since players follow the rewards.

There are a lot of other things they could have done to up participation, like make accessibility easier, but they chose the typical Blizztard route of stuffing rewards there so their failure won't seem like a failure.

in any case the whole point was to get everybody to play them, and they aren't going to allow alternative shortcuts or getting around that. Their whole thing will be "well you don't have to play them if you don't want to", which they used to say about Arena pigeon-holing...

If you are a high-rating arena player who hates playing rBGs, then don't play rBGs. You might get stuff a bit slower than those folks who are high rated in arenas and do play rated bg's, but you do catch up with them in a couple of weeks anyway. After you have all your gear, it doesn't matter how fast you earn the useless points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I like all of the RBG hate in here. Seriously, if arena players are so "good" and they can crush all of the little RBG players, then why does gear matter?

It's funny when I see arena players always say "Gear does not equal skill" but they will always be the first to bitch when another group of players gets gear faster (PVe players and now RBG players).

Keep complaining guys. I really like the fact that Blizzard is trying to amend there mistake of adding arena to this game.
    i've been one of the biggest BG supporters here. read my post history. and probably one of the bigger forced Arena QQ'ers. But RBG's have been a HUGE failure, and there are reasons for that they refuse to address. a lot of you trying to prop them are the exceptions, and most likely in advantageous situations compared to the masses. but that should be obvious given how low population has been for them, and how few of you pretending they're all that there are...

I love this. Just being a great arena player does not mean you can play well strategically to accomplish the end game goal to win. I've led, and followed a lot in rbg's this season. Our teams makeups have changed a lot. Our strategies have altered and as a team we have come up with counters to strats. We had troubles on certain maps early on, made changes, and overcame to a very high win rate. Interestingly, our highest arena rated players (2500+) are not leading in rbg's. We have found there are other players in our grps that for whatever reason have not made high arena ratings (2200+), play/lead a better game strategically and make great grp call outs. It's our high end arena players that make specific skirmish differences. But the location, and who goes where call outs keep the tide or allow us to switch the tide in our favor.

We generally have 1 offensive lead and 1 defensive lead. These leads may not be the assist target. They may be a healer in the background that sees the picture, or a ranged CC'r make call outs for cc switches, while main dps assist are always a melee. The melee listens to the cc's and calls out switches for when dr's hit.

On def in a flag carrying map our tank is never a def lead. Healers are. They will have the CC, they will be watching the inc's, they will tell the FC where to kite too. The Def DPS is there to CC and attempt to give freedom to healers and FC's so they can do their job (yes healers do dmg too when they can) and stop the offense or even just prolong it forever till the team offense can get a enemy FC down.

As you can see by this, it take tons more teamwork and focus in RBG's to play well and win. Especially against other good teams. Yet the satisfaction of beating a good solid team goes high and wide. Much more so than in arena imo.

We have several that made HWL this season and lots of players 2k+. The drawback all season long has been long que times. 10-15 min ques are not out of the ordinary. This change will certainly help that to some degree. It will also give us the opportunity to roll over some of the high mmr arena players playing fotm classes/comps because they play a strategically bad BG.

Also remember, having a high rating doesn't automatically make you a great player. Your team comp plays a LARGE role in how good you're doing, gear especially. 2500+ arena players can be absolute trash in a real pvp situation.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Yea that's what I thought too...So guess I can confirm my statement now: It sucks donkeyballs that they're allowing RBG'ers, who already had a waaaay to easy time getting T2 weapons basically for free, to also get more/easier points every week now.RBG was faceroll enough. Now it's beyond retarded to be honest. Expected so much of RBG before Cataclysm, thought I wouldn't do anything else besides that when they implemented it. Turned out to be the biggest failure in WoW PvP history, and the best part is that Blizzard doesn't want to admit it. Instead they force people to play it. Way to go Blizzard.
    I wouldn't say there free, they take about as much skill as running a fotm 3s team. Only difference is rbs take more time to finish. But I do love how since the start of arena people have complained about only the best get the gear and "the best" have has come back everytime that skill>gear. Now they are the 1st to complain about having to arena vs equal geared people. QQ is the scrubs way of saying it's blizz fault I'm not r1

I but "the best" in qutoes because you won't find the top players comainig about stupid stuff like this, mostly the just squeaked the rating for the t2 weapon people
    Last edited by Firehorse; 2011-06-17 at 02:53 AM. Reason: IPhone auto change blows

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Interestingly, our highest arena rated players (2500+) are not leading in rbg's. We have found there are other players in our grps that for whatever reason have not made high arena ratings (2200+), play/lead a better game strategically and make great grp call outs. It's our high end arena players that make specific skirmish differences. But the location, and who goes where call outs keep the tide or allow us to switch the tide in our favor.
    Good luck trying to convince most people of that. They think arena rating is a measure of pure skill, when it's actually more due to circumstance. I'm not saying skill doesn't enter into it, but that is not the main factor.

Numbers were updated on the front page. 1350/1500 starting and 2700/3000 maximum arena/RBG limits, respectively. It's not that bad now.

This is another great example of Blizz attempting to heavy-handedly socially-engineer the playerbase instead of improving their own game.

What is the only impetus for requiring RBGs in order to cap Conquest? People are not playing RBGs.

Why are people not playing RBGs? Because they're a logistical nightmare and not fun.

Improve the experience of playing RBGs, and the entire problem solves itself without having to create bizarre and convoluted point systems.

theres a post on the front page about this, if you do you can cap out with normal arenas however if you do RBGs you can earn an additional 22% beyond the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Isn't this abit contradictory on blizz's stance on balancing some classes to only be useful in rbg's, but not in arena's? and Vice Versa.

Can't you just trade Valor for Conquest to get the cap for the week?

Quote Originally Posted by dastomahawk View Post
    Can't you just trade Valor for Conquest to get the cap for the week?
    I think so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Good luck trying to convince most people of that. They think arena rating is a measure of pure skill, when it's actually more due to circumstance.
    Believe me when I say I have no interest in convincing anyone. I'm happy to let the ego's loose to our better strategy.