When you go and hit the dummy (Affliction)...

until you have reached 2million damage done, how much dps have you done then? DONT use doomguard/ inferal, no pots or bloodlust. only self cds like demon soul and you are allowed to use CoE

im just curious since i pretty much do less dps on a dummy with affliction than with destruction.. and shouldnt affliction be a lot better since the last patch? i have 367 avg ilvl.

i did 17,4 with aff

and

18 with destruction

what about you guys? only in affliction spec please

im talking about 367-372 geared locks here, if youre below that dont bother

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't try to test whats better on a target dummy, First off you probably did not have DI and no raid buffs. Just try to sim it or during a farm night go destro

You're also missing out on the sub-25% drain soul damage boost as affliction when testing on a dummy.

I feel dummies are there for the "new to the class" player so they can get a proper feel for their priorities/rotation so it becomes second nature when in a raid. To me the dummies are not an accurate "measure" of where your dps is at for a raid.
    The Affliction warlock laughs while they are dead.
    The Destruction warlock laughs while they are on fire.
    The Demonology warlock laughs while they are stunned.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyOne View Post
    I feel dummies are there for the "new to the class" player so they can get a proper feel for their priorities/rotation so it becomes second nature when in a raid. To me the dummies are not an accurate "measure" of where your dps is at for a raid.
    This. You should only be using dummies to practice a rotation - basing ANY decisions on a handful of dummy tests is really not going to help you. If you're concerned with how your DPS stacks up across specs, given your specific gear, go get Simulationcraft. Easy to use to get a "quick and dirty" comparison, but highly configurable if you really want to tweak it. It iterates 10,000 fights, where you're looking at maybe 3-4.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Deleted
    From my experiance aswell destro is better with just our buffs. Aflfliction benefits so much more from raid buffs though.

dummy 's are for practicing rotations, addon setup's ect. not dps

and real warlocks change spec adapting to the next fight

Affliction - 16.7
    Destro - 18.4