Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How to pronounce "Boubouille"?

Personally I leave off the "ille" and say it "boo boo", in the way Yogi Bear would address his sidekick Boo boo. "Hey! Boo boo! Check out that picnic basket!"

Deleted
    Now stick an "ee" on the end of that and you're done. Boo-boo-ee.

Boo Boo (w)eeeeeeeee

In between the second Boo and the eeeeeeeee, there is a small "w" sound. It isn't direct transition from "Boo" to "eee", there should be a faint "w" sound, not too strong though.

i say boo boo ee. as for the origin of the name/reason behind it...

If you want to get real snarky, just call him Boobee.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Boo boo is MUCH better. Especially using the Yogi Bear tone of voice.

Deleted
    this with a stress on the second syllable. Something in between boo-'boo-ee and boo'booy (the last y pronounced as in "yes")

In my mind I call him Boobill

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Boo Boo (w)eeeeeeeee

In between the second Boo and the eeeeeeeee, there is a small "w" sound. It isn't direct transition from "Boo" to "eee", there should be a faint "w" sound, not too strong though.
    Oh let me be clear, there's no official pronunciation. Language is a bottom-up process, not top-down.

Deleted
    lol, go look a couple of episodes back on the MMO Report. Boubouille put it up on the front page one time and mentioned about him pronouncing it correctly. I might go hunt for it, lol.

Boom Boom Wee!

lol, go look a couple of episodes back on the MMO Report. Boubouille put it up on the front page one time and mentioned about him pronouncing it correctly. I might go hunt for it, lol.
    Too late, he is already boo boo the bear.

I call him boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Glow View Post
    Oh let me be clear, there's no official pronunciation. Language is a bottom-up process, not top-down.
    I didn't know that you were the curator of languages.

If you are going to ask for the pronunciation for a word, especially one so unique, there is going to be one correct answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    Haha, sounds hilarious.

There is indeed an official pronunciation. It's French. French is very much a top-down type of language...France actually has a cabinet ministry called the Ministry of the Language. They're kind of proud of it (understatement of the year), from what i understand and very much want to preserve its integrity.

Deleted
    Too late, he is already boo boo the bear.
    Nevah!

/damn10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post

If you are going to ask for the pronunciation for a word, especially one so unique, there is going to be one correct answer.
    I'm not French, but speak it enough to be pretty sure there's no "w" sound in it (because the 3rd syllable is almost swallowed) (what I tried to depict by that y(es) in my first post).