Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There already are MMOFPS out there...

Defiance™ is the first-ever open-world shooter MMO. It combines the intense moment-to-moment action of a shooter with the persistence and large-scale campaign play of an MMO.
    Global Agenda says hi, and I'm sure even they weren't the first. Why do companies make claims such as these? It could be a great game, but they lose a lot of credibility.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2011-06-16 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    There already are MMOFPS out there...
    Its a 3rd person shooter. And since Trion has just bulldozed its way to "AAA" status, it would be the first MMO3PS (if you want to call it that). I find it funny that CCP claims Dust:154 as the first MMOFPS so it must be the whole "AAA" thing.

Edit: Forgot about APB. Seems like Trion doesn't care about consider it a major game.

if i remember correctly i think they have one more MMO on the way....some MMORTS hybrid....looks good and definetly a new approach. You can atleast say they are much innovative then a lot of companies that just copy others and dont put something new and different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Planetside was also considered an RPG afaik
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    if i remember correctly i think they have one more MMO on the way....some MMORTS hybrid....looks good and definetly a new approach. You can atleast say they are much innovative then a lot of companies that just copy others and dont put something new and different.
    End of Nations
    http://www.endofnations.com/en/

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Global Agenda says hi, and I'm sure even they weren't the first. Why do companies make claims such as these? It could be a great game, but they lose a lot of credibility.
    I didn't know Trion had any credibility in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its a 3rd person shooter. And since Trion has just bulldozed its way to "AAA" status, it would be the first MMO3PS (if you want to call it that). I find it funny that CCP claims Dust:154 as the first MMOFPS so it must be the whole "AAA" thing.

Edit: Forgot about APB. Seems like Trion doesn't care about consider it a major game.
    CCP claimed it will be the first FPSMMO on the PS3, not the first one in general.

Not sold on this one... need more information. If folks are looking around for potentially great shooter MMOs, however, give Firefall a look.

So after countless unsuccessful trys to kill wow, they try to kill Titan even before it is alive, damn that IS a smashing maneuver!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    So after countless unsuccessful trys to kill wow, they try to kill Titan even before it is alive, damn that IS a smashing maneuver!
    Where does it say Rift want to kill Titan with this game? Can't find it.

Also I can't find where they stated they wanted to kill WoW.

I also thought this was about Tirion Fordring...
    So WoW meets Halo.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Titan lol Defiance clone!!

Cant say i like the sound of a shooter mmo tbh. Need alot more info before i poo poo it or praise it.
    It's past your bed time, go to bad friend. How do you know Trion had this idea of this game much earlier than wow? They could've had it maybe since 2000, but decided to let rift go first, maybe wow's cloning this time. Think twice

Deleted
    Why do some people instinctively think that every new MMO that is released is a jab at Blizzard and an attempt to "kill" WoW? Can't games rise on their own merits or appeal to a different market?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's like...Borderlands the MMO?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    they just like halo screenshots :P (the last few)
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2011-06-16 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Why do some people instinctively think that every new MMO that is released is a jab at Blizzard and an attempt to "kill" WoW? Can't games rise on their own merits or appeal to a different market?
    Hehe, as long as you are on this forums you'll always meet those guys who claim games to be "clones" or "kill wow", just ignore them,.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Because most of the same people believe that WoW was the first MMO made. And because there are a lot of people who don't have very good reasoning faculties.

Deleted
    Hmm weird project but gl to them If the game is good then id be happy to play it.

E3 ended last week though and this is the first I have heard of this game,doesn't seem to be alot of hype about it or have I been living under a rock ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

If it's a 3rd person shooter, then DCUO says hi. And it is a major title.