Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks like halo meets Fallout: New Vegas

either the whole tv thing with syfy... that's going to make for some great tv /rolleyes

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted
    Hmm interesting they are also releasing a ''mmo-rts'' called End of Nations http://www.trionworlds.com/en/games/end-of-nations

S
    eems like Trion are trying to take over the mmo world!

Deleted
    Wait a sec... "first-ever open-world shooter MMO"?
    Does someone remember "Tabula Rasa"?
    wouldn´t that fit as "open-world shooter MMO" or is it just my blurry imagination of the Beta back then.

Well i hope it won´t drown, cause such games are rare and its hard to keep people entertained in those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithiwa View Post
    Hmm interesting they are also releasing a ''mmo-rts'' called End of Nations http://www.trionworlds.com/en/games/end-of-nations

S
    eems like Trion are trying to take over the mmo world!
    ...Or they are just developing games just like any other company?

Nahh, everything have to kill and be clones I forgot...

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 09:10 PM ----------

I think the "World First" is kinda aiming at PS3 and Xbox 360.
    Last edited by mmoc7349addf43; 2011-06-16 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woopwoop View Post

Nope, still no cookie, DCUO is available for PS3 as well. I believe it's just Trion talking out of their butts and being overly cocky. Again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Nope, still no cookie, DCUO is available for PS3 as well. I believe it's just Trion talking out of their butts and being overly cocky. Again.
    Well, you are reacting on it.

I'd call it successfull.

Dan: Hey guys, Rift didn't sell that well.. i think Mike's approach at copy pasting most of the gameplay and features from WoW and such didn't work well, Bobby's idea of "We're not in Azeroth any more" campain didn't sell either.

Mike: Dont fucking care, we'll just milk the sheeps and keep with aggressive advertising.. everything at this point is pure profit... i think some kind of shop will be a good move aswell.. will see how many people we have left after 2nd quarter and go from there with decisions.

Bobby: Well we still made some nice money with Rift, don't see the problem. I've got an idea, why don't we try again.. what could possibly go wrong. What's Blizzard's next move? What, titan? What's that? MMOFPS? Sounds like a great idea, let's make one ourselves and try to ship before them and capture some juicy player base.

Others: Great idea Bobby, you da man. Let's do it, lulz.

Deleted
    ...Or they are just developing games just like any other company?

Nahh, everything have to kill and be clones I forgot...

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 09:10 PM ----------

Why are you so mad I wasn't having a go at Trion all I said was they are trying to take over the mmo market (fair play to them)

You are on a rant about me saying they are copying Blizz and its a clone? riiiiiiiigggggghhht *Dr evil voice*

Deleted
    Why are you so mad for I wasn't having a go at Trion all I said was they are trying to take over the mmo market (fair play to them)

You are on a rant about me saying they are copying Blizz and its a clone? riiiiiiiigggggghhht *Dr evil voice*
    Everything is about clones and killing each other, right..

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    If it is a mmofps, then Titan (If it's also a mmofps) will tear it apart.

Deleted
    Everything is about clones and killing each other, right..
    And now your just trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    If it is a mmofps, then Titan (If it's also a mmofps), will tear it apart.
    Absolutely, I mean we know so much about Titan...Shrug

Deleted
    And now your just trolling.
    Not really, I'm just stating everything isn't made of Killing and clones.

Sometimes companies just make games because they make games.

Deleted
    Not really, I'm just stating everything isn't made of Killing and clones.

Sometimes companies just make games because they make games.
    And at no point have I ever said these games are a clone or a copy...all I said was they are trying to take over the mmo market and fair play to them....why you took offence to that I dont know.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see how my MMO budget is by then, I might give it a shot just to see how they pull it off with the TV tie-in.

Seems MMOFPS are the new thing, not counting APB, or I guess Tabula Rising (never played that one, had no clue it was like that), there are 3 now slated to come out. WH40K Dark Millennium, Titan and now Defiant. I am kinda excited.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Dan: Hey guys, Rift didn't sell that well.. i think Mike's approach at copy pasting most of the gameplay and features from WoW and such didn't work well, Bobby's idea of "We're not in Azeroth any more" campain didn't sell either. Mike: Dont fucking care, we'll just milk the sheeps and keep with aggressive advertising.. everything at this point is pure profit... i think some kind of shop will be a good move aswell.. will see how many people we have left after 2nd quarter and go from there with decisions. Bobby: Well we still made some nice money with Rift, don't see the problem. I've got an idea, why don't we try again.. what could possibly go wrong. What's Blizzard's next move? What, titan? What's that? MMOFPS? Sounds like a great idea, let's make one ourselves and try to ship before them and capture some juicy player base. Others: Great idea Bobby, you da man. Let's do it, lulz.
    The ignorance here, on so many levels. Wow. Its easy to rewrite history when you block out everything that has or is happening. I bet it makes predicting the future pretty fun too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    The ignorance here, on so many levels. Wow. Its easy to rewrite history when you block out everything that has or is happening. I bet it makes predicting the future pretty fun too.
    Well, if he likes rehased content, let him like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Dan: Hey guys, Rift didn't sell that well..
    That quote alone is enough to let everyone know you're trolling, rift had very good sales, even in my drunk state I realize that
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

This is a smart move by trion, im not a fan of any of their other, mmos however i believe there is currently a large market for a fps based mmorpg. If its even halfway decent it should do well.