Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    This is a smart move by trion, im not a fan of any of their other, mmos however i believe there is currently a large market for a fps based mmorpg. If its even halfway decent it should do well.
    Indeed, looks quite well made.

I'm interested in seeing a gameplay trailer of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Global Agenda says hi, and I'm sure even they weren't the first. Why do companies make claims such as these? It could be a great game, but they lose a lot of credibility.
    GA is a 3rd person shooter. Much like Mass Effect, DCUO, or even APB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Defianceis the first-ever open-world shooter MMO. It combines the intense moment-to-moment action of a shooter with the persistence and large-scale campaign play of an MMO.

Uhhhh isnt this very similar to the likes of www.BattlegroundEurope.com ?

That is a MMOFPS open world shooter, and its been out for 10 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    It's past your bed time, go to bad friend. How do you know Trion had this idea of this game much earlier than wow? They could've had it maybe since 2000, but decided to let rift go first, maybe wow's cloning this time. Think twice
    Think twice?

I dont know anything about either game just like ya know... everyone else on the planet. You sir take the fan boy prize of all fucking time. You dont even know what Titan is or what Defiance is really all about but you are saying Blizz came up with the idea first? Wacky....

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    GA is a 3rd person shooter. Much like Mass Effect, DCUO, or even APB.
    And that changes things how?
    To quote the OP:
    Defianceis the first-ever open-world shooter MMO. It combines the intense moment-to-moment action of a shooter with the persistence and large-scale campaign play of an MMO. Defiance is being developed for the PC, PlayStation® 3, and Xbox 360® entertainment consoles, and features familiar shooter controls.

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, Trion and Syfy are collaborating on a massive event that will launch Defiance simultaneously as a global television program on Syfy and an MMO from Trion. In an entertainment first, the game and show will influence and depend on each other, and even feature some players’ characters on the TV shows as extras.
    Key Words being "Defiance is the first-ever open world shooter." It does not say "Defiance is the first-ever open world FPSMMO." Just because the sentence has the words first and shooter does not mean first-person-shooter. Judging by the pictures, Defiance is a 3rd person shooter, which just makes "First-ever" even more false.

It's probably true that my example, Global Agenda, was a bad choice, but the fact still stands that there are plenty of other "Open World Shooter MMOs" out there, and Defiance will certainly not be the first-ever that it claims to be.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2011-06-17 at 02:17 AM.

Yeah that was my fault. I miss read what you quoted.

For some reason I was still reading it as FPS and to top it off I have had people lately tell me that GA is a FPS so my apologies.

In case anyone was curious, we've just launched DEFIANCEJunkies.com a new fansite for the game. If you're familiar with RIFTJunkies.com, we're the same folks.