Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I need to take a loan or something so i can get a new computer so i can play this on max settings. Anyone know a good loan-shark in Copenhagen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    A good as it looks on PC compared to a system using a controller is so much better. Iam used to the keyboard now(although I do not play fps's) and even now I would prefer a controller to play an fps. My reaction time on a button my fingers is resting on is way faster then my reaction time on my fingers hovering over multiple keys, some of which dont even control the character. And if I miss press a button or lose the place my fingers usually sit thats a death right their. That would never happen on a controller, atleast for me. This is coming from a ex Halo 3 Brigadier Vet.
    It just demonstrates a lack of knowledge though. The only time a controller will ever be remotely as good as a keyboard and mouse for first person shooters is when you are extremely inexperienced with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    I need to take a loan or something so i can get a new computer so i can play this on max settings. Anyone know a good loan-shark in Copenhagen?
    This made me el o el

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFiveTRex View Post
    Looks great. Shame I'm boycotting.
    Yea, I'm boycotting as well, albeit we probably have different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Yea, I'm boycotting as well, albeit we probably have different reasons.
    Honestly what could your reason be?

It's not a console port
    The pre-order bonuses and Expansion are going to be free later this year
    It looks ufcking amazing
    It's a better investment than CoD..

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting a GTX680 for this on a 1920x1080.

To bad i will have to endure 3-5 months with a GTX470, knowing that im missing
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people think dice is competent in optimization? Makes me feel they really don't remember battlefield 1942, 2, 2142 at all.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippny View Post
    Honestly what could your reason be?

It's not a console port
    The pre-order bonuses and Expansion are going to be free later this year
    It looks ufcking amazing
    It's a better investment than CoD..
    I'm not worried about the pre-order bonuses/expansions/dlc, I never was because EA/DICE said everybody would be getting the equivalent to the 'Physical Warfare Pack' anyways. I'm not buying BF3 unless it is on Steam because I refuse to have more than one digital distribution platform. Also, just because I'm not buying BF3 doesn't mean I don't want it; ever since it was announced, I've been drooling over how beautiful it looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFiveTRex View Post
    Looks great. Shame I'm boycotting.
    Guess you haven´t seen this then
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...3-players.aspx

Too bad I'll have to run it on low-med for at least one more full year (more likely one and a half years) =(
    should still not look THAT bad even then.

I'm not worried about the pre-order bonuses/expansions/dlc, I never was because EA/DICE said everybody would be getting the equivalent to the 'Physical Warfare Pack' anyways. I'm not buying BF3 unless it is on Steam because I refuse to have more than one digital distribution platform. Also, just because I'm not buying BF3 doesn't mean I don't want it; ever since it was announced, I've been drooling over how beautiful it looks.
    I like Steam too, have over 150 games on it..

But...BF3 isn't going to be Origin Exclusive...you can download the game and add it to Steam as a "Non-Steam Game"

And there has been NO word on whether it will be on Steam or not.

Honestly chances are it will be. There are 25 million subscribers on Steam..

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can download the game and add it to Steam as a "Non-Steam Game"
    That only happens with Blizzard games. I buy all my games (excluding Blizzard games) on Steam. Hell, I even refuse to buy physical copies of games now because I don't have the space. I stand by my opinion of "If I can't buy it on Steam (excluding Blizzard games), I don't buy it."

Deleted
    Well... just built myself a PC with everything new except a gfx card(still using my RadeonHD5750)... Looks like that's going too.
    That only happens with Blizzard games. I buy all my games (excluding Blizzard games) on Steam. Hell, I even refuse to buy physical copies of games now because I don't have the space. I stand by my opinion of "If I can't buy it on Steam (excluding Blizzard games), I don't buy it."
    Not quite sure what you mean with 'That only happens with Blizzard games' But the 'add non steam game' doesn't detect who the game is created by, or even if it's a game at all.
    It's literally just a button to add a short-cut. You can have 'iTunes' or 'Word' listed as a game if you please.
    If you meant in your personal opinion. then ignore this edit :>
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-06-17 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Getting a GTX680 for this on a 1920x1080.

To bad i will have to endure 3-5 months with a GTX470, knowing that im missing
    Im also waiting for the 600 series /highfive

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Why are people think dice is competent in optimization? Makes me feel they really don't remember battlefield 1942, 2, 2142 at all.
    Have you played bc2? Its very optimized

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Have you played bc2? Its very optimized
    Yet people tell me a GTX275, Q9650 and 6gb RAM can't run it at max settings with a very reasonable frame rate (60+). O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean with 'That only happens with Blizzard games' But the 'add non steam game' doesn't detect who the game is created by, or even if it's a game at all. It's literally just a button to add a short-cut. You can have 'iTunes' or 'Word' listed as a game if you please.
    If you meant in your personal opinion. then ignore this edit :>

The only games I put on Steam that are non-Steam games, are ones that Blizzard create; otherwise, the only games I buy are ones on Steam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for the console screenshots
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Cant wait for the console screenshots
    Open one of the PC Screenshots in photoshop, put about a 10% gaussian blur on it, take a picture of it with your phone, upload that to imageshack.us stand 10 feet away from your monitor and there you go..console screenshot.

I feel sorry for those of you who think you wont have to upgrade your computer with a shitload of money to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I feel sorry for those of you who think you wont have to upgrade your computer with a shitload of money to play this.
    I recently bought 2 6950's mainly for this game and future 2011/2012 games. BUT...that's because I want to play with DX11 at the best settings I can..

That being said...you will be able to play this game in DX9 which will let a lot of people play the game at enjoyable settings and still not feel like they're behind the times. Dice would be the laugh of the decade if they didn't offer a DX9 setting because that would just kill their sales. There are still, sadly, some people using XP and Vista..

These screens were taken with DX11.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently bought 2 6950's mainly for this game and future 2011/2012 games. BUT...that's because I want to play with DX11 at the best settings I can..

That being said...you will be able to play this game in DX9 which will let a lot of people play the game at enjoyable settings and still not feel like they're behind the times. Dice would be the laugh of the decade if they didn't offer a DX9 setting because that would just kill their sales. There are still, sadly, some people using XP and Vista..

These screens were taken with DX11.
    Where did EA/DICE say that? Last time I heard, only DX10 and DX11 were being supported.