Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

9/11 where were you when it happened?

I was at my friends house, i was about 6-7 years old. I was just about to go outside when i walked by the tv with my friend and saw a plane crash in it. Ofcourse i did not care much because i was just a kid, i thought it was a movie or something like that. I live in the Netherlands, so not in America.

NO conspiracy theories. Do it and hopefully you will get infracted.

Just, where were you when it happened and when did you hear it, on that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad was driving me to school ( I was 7 years old ) and he turned on the radio and as soon as he heard the few words, he immediately did a 180 and rushed back home to tell my mom to turn on the news. I went to school that day and all we did was watch the news.

I was also at someones house, i dont really remember, i was a youngin too. I didnt really know what was going on so i was like, meh. I wasnt aloud to go outside or anything so i bet i was pretty mad .

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

NO conspiracy theories. Do it and hopefully you will get infracted.
    Not cool, bro!
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 9 and yesterday was my birthday. I wanted to talk to people about my birthday party and what i got, most likely invite people over to play with my new toys. I got on the school bus and everyone is talking about how a paper airplane crashed into a tree, i was like "paper airplane?? Everyone needs to shut up so i can talk about my birthday" No one shuts up and i have to sit through school while kids are laughing and talking about paper airplanes and all the teachers are very quite or either crying. End of story, i was pissed off and said 9/11 sucks.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Sixth grade, I found out because my mom was watching to Today show before taking me to school.

I was stuck in the cellar of our old house :/ Was sitting and crying there for like 2 hours, then our neighbour heard it and opened the door. When I got home with tears all over my face my mother asked "what? did you hear that, too?". I was like wtf? Then I saw the news report coming right in. (living in germany, so nothing I would give a damn about with the age of 8.

Middle school advanced algebra class.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    I was stuck in the cellar of our old house :/ Was sitting and crying there for like 2 hours, then our neighbour heard it and opened the door. When I got home with tears all over my face my mother asked "what? did you hear that, too?". I was like wtf? Then I saw the news report coming right in. (living in germany, so nothing I would give a damn about with the age of 8.
    Lol, sorry but thats a pretty random story. >.< one in a million.

I was watching cartoons when a bulletin came across the bottom of the screen. That never usually happened on Cartoon Network so I was kind of annoyed and tried to get rid of it, I didn't much care.

I feel kinda bad about that now but I guess I was only a kid.

I remember watching the news at school, but I doubt any of us really understood what had happened (We were 8/9), but our teacher did try to explain us. That's all I can remember really, I guess it was in the news for a couple of weeks, but I was a kid living in the other side of the planet, so it wasn't such a big deal to me back then.

I was in grade 5. The grade 6 teacher ran into our class and told us 'the twin towers were hit'. I didn't know what he meant til I got home.

I was in the 4th grade and I had just woken up and was watching cartoons. I heard my mom start crying, so i went to see what was wrong and thats where I saw it. I went to school that day and all we did was watch the news.

Driving to work. Whole city was a ghost town that day. I still have a newspaper with it on the front page.

Deleted
    i'm in the same boat as the OP, i didn't exactly care, i had DR.nefarios and Cpt.Quark to kill.Also the fact his sig is "lawl" made me lawl ^^
    Last edited by mmoc3788062bdb; 2011-06-16 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    I was 14, hadn't been home from school long just remember it being on the TV in my living room

Deleted
    I was at work (in the UK) when the breaking news came across the radio,at first they thought it was a freak accident...when the second plane hit,the station went crazy,I got home and watched nothing but the news for the next week.

sad times

I hate this new reply bar thing btw :S
    Last edited by mmocef2d6be495; 2011-06-16 at 08:58 PM.

Hmmm, i was in school that day, didnt find out about it till around 12am when people started to ignore the principal and turned on the tv's, didnt really understand what was going on, but both of my parents were upset when i got home

I was sitting in the cafeteria at high school, watching a burning building on one of the TVs, too far away to read the text or hear what it was about. That's when my buddy comes running and shouts to me "WE'RE GOING TO WAR!!!!!"

Ah, the innocence and ignorance of youth. I think if he knew a couple thousand allied soldiers were going to die and we were going to arguably accomplish nothing (keyword being arguably, idk or care enough to argue a side), me might not have been so excited.

I was about 20, and was driving on my way to my microbiology class. I thought it was a poor taste "war of the worlds"-esque joke from the radio DJ until I actually got in the building.