Holy Paladin - Checkup

I was going to see if you guys could check out my Paladin and see if things such as gear, gems, enchants, reforges, spec, glyphs, etc. are all in order to be a successful Holy Paladin.

This has been my character since Day 1, but I'm fairly new to Cataclsym healing.

Armory Link:

If you have any tips or tricks that will help me, I have my ears open. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Can't link yet, so:

Clemery -- Dark Iron

Here's a your Armory for you!

I'd say it's time to hit up Deepholm and work that Therazane rep. Or, ditch mining and go inscription. If you want to ever enchant your shoulders.

And, speaking of crafting unless this is an alt I'd pick something other than 2 gathering professions.

If you're going to match sockets for the bonus then imo you should go 40 int in reds, 20 int/20 haste in yellows and 20 int/20 spirit in blues. Int in prismatic sockets like your relic and belt buckle. Int is so very sexy for holy pallies.

For enchanting/reforging I'm lazy and use Mr. Robot a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemili View Post
    And, speaking of crafting unless this is an alt I'd pick something other than 2 gathering professions.
    The two gathering professions were picked up back in the day when I didn't have any way to make gold. What do you prefer?

I, personally, think I should keep Mining and pickup Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting and drop Herbalism. Does JC have enough perks for a Holy Paladin?

Alch and Engineering easy. 2 free 359 epics. Also level archaeology for the doll if you have spare time

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

You could use a profession guide(s) and use your gathering skills to gather up mats for whatever profession they can level up. You can have any combination of jewelcrafting/inscription/blacksmithing/alchemy. Can't go wrong with any combo of those. Engineering is there, too. Just make sure you gather up all the mats for both professions before replacing them though if you want to save gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemery View Post
    The two gathering professions were picked up back in the day when I didn't have any way to make gold. What do you prefer?

I, personally, think I should keep Mining and pickup Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting and drop Herbalism. Does JC have enough perks for a Holy Paladin?
    +81 int total over no profs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was wrong with the "rate my holy Paladin" thread?
    Hi

Regarding the Therazane Reputation, I aqcuire Exalted by doing all the quests (46, I believe) in Deepholm or is there another way? I just read this on WoWHead and wanted to clear everything before actually wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Alch and Engineering easy. 2 free 359 epics. Also level archaeology for the doll if you have spare time
    Helmet and Trinket, right? Will those still be useful after 4.2 is released and I have a good raiding guild, which will make me able to collect drop gear? And what's the Archaeology Doll you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    +81 int total over no profs.
    Therefore it's not much of a buff for me?

Re: Professions
    I went JC/BS back in Wrath and it's stuck. But, just about every non gathering profession gives ~80 to whatever stat you'd want.

With JC you get 3 +67 int gems. So, 3 x 67 = 201 vs the 3 x 40 = 120 you'd otherwise have in those sockets. However, once epic gems come out you could have 3 x 50 = 150 vs. the 201. If my assumption is correct.

If you take up BS you get a bonus glove and bracer socket. 2 x 40 int = +80 int from JC. But, again, once epic gems come out... 2 x 50 = 100.

So, if you're set on keeping one gathering prof I'd vote for BS I think from a stat point of view.

Re: Reputation
    The Therazane chain will only get you so far into the rep. Honored or something. Then you have to wear the tabard and/or do the dailies.

Your spec is messed up. Conviction is a mandatory 3/3, raids are built around assuming you take 3/3. Clarity of Purpose is also mandatory 3/3. Where you take the points is up to you. Personally I run 1/2 in Blessed life and 1/2 Enlightened judgement. (Don't take my spec right now, it is just built around h. al'akir)

Your missing a ton of enchants. Don't use haste gems in sockets. If the socket bonus is worth it, like int, then go ahead and use 20 int/20 haste gems. Same thing with spirit gems. Every socket should have int in it in some permutation.

Also like others said change your professions. And also get your therazane rep up.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

With Herbalism, I get Lifeblood which is great towards my Haste Rating. You guys don't think I should consider keeping that? Or do the socket bonuses and such just completely overpower the +rating?

Out of the gathering professions herbalism is the highest, but every manufacturing profession is better.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

With Herbalism, I get Lifeblood which is great towards my Haste Rating. You guys don't think I should consider keeping that? Or do the socket bonuses and such just completely overpower the +rating?
    If you don't care about min/maxing keep Herbalism - the on use is useful enough, but can't compare to 80 int. If you do care about min/maxing get any of the +80 int professions (JC,Alch,Insc,Ench,LW)

Also as tatsu said: Your spec is bad. Clarity of Purpose and Conviction are both must have talents and you don't have them maxed out, but have talents maxed out that are sort of pointless (Blessed Life is weak, Last Word is weak)
    You should also change your Glyphs: get rid of that useless beacon glyph and replace it with either light of dawn (if you're raiding 25) or divine protection (once you start doing hardmodes this is the best major glyph)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is a secondary stat while Intellect is primary stat. You should always go for the primary stat, unless the secondary is a hell of a lot higher. As for the Herbalism, no. You definitively want a profession giving a bonus to intellect.
    Hi

Just doing the questline that gets you Therazane dailys will allow you to purchase the blue shoulder enchant. Thats gonna take maybe 2 hours for ya. Just do all the quests in Deepholme.

Enchant ur stuff with cheap enchants (non maelstrom), get Heartsong, get a belt buckle

Respec/glyph for this 5man/10man spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbzr...bZco:VcafqszcM

Don't be wasting ur Holy Power on LoD in 5mans unless you can hit 4/5 people

Drop mining and level up Alchemy. Once you do that, you can drop Herbalism and get something else too.

I respecced and I think it's much better so far. As for my gemming, I'm going to wait until I get upgrade gear to put in my +20 Int/+20 Haste gems. No point in wasting them with the 4.2 patch being implemented here in the near future.

Profession: I'm going to be taking your advice, Rathimis. Level up Alchemy and then drop Herbalism and probably pick up Jewelcrafting. Seems to be the good way to go at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What was wrong with the "rate my holy Paladin" thread?
    Indeed. You'll find it here, and the other "Rate Me" threads are linked in the Helpful Threads Sticky.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!