Deleted

Wrack bug Sinestra 10

Hey guys,

been progressing on Sinestra for a fair amount of time now, but decided to call it quits for the summer.

I have a few different questions/cries for help, mainly just to put my mind to rest:

First off, is anyone else experiencing some severe bugs concerning wrack? The issue: Every now and then, wrack will do a jump too many. I know what you're thinking, we're dispelling it too quickly, people use immunity-abilities at the exact second it's supposed to hit them, yada yada. This isn't the case. We're getting the weirdest splits sometimes; The most normal one is where it goes from 2 targets to 6, we've also had a few where it jumps up to 8 right away. It's been happening on a far too frequent basis to be something caused by us. We're using assigned dispelling and no mass dispelling whatsoever.

My second question: We've been going back and forth between a 2 and 3-healer setup. We finally decided to go for the 2-heal setup, using myself (Hpally) and a Hpriest. Basically, whenever the priest gets orbed in the third phase, it's really not that big of a deal, because he can still have a somewhat decent throughput, putting up renews and so on. However, when I get orbed, it basically always results in a casualty, if not a wipe.

I'm aware that it's mostly just a matter of "tough shit" and "suck it up", and that there are probably ways around this, however, i'm kind of at a loss regarding what we're supposed to do. The current state of wrack when I get orbs aside, it feels like we've tried everything; AM, heavy self-CDs and rallying cries, TB-trinkets. It just never seems to quite cut it.

I know you also have to be somewhat prepared to take a jizzrag to the face by the RNG-gods if you go with 2-healers, but I just won't buy that it's impossible, hence why i'm posting, asking for advice.

Kind regards,

Erth

Deleted
    Is it in p3 the wrack fucks up? Heard from friends that they can go over eachother, so that u have wrack_1 & wrack_2 up at the same time, shouldn't cause too much problem tho? & when ur running as 2healer setup, use r cry/raidwall/am/tranq/etc, & tankcds!

Deleted
    it's happening in both phases, mostly in p1 though. And as far as I can tell, the wracks are all ticking for the same amount.

Got logs for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Got logs for it?
    ^

could be useful indeed.

offtopic: anyone think u could massdispel whole fight? what would happen?
    + can/should you massdispel last 20% when buff is gone? should mebe try it sometime to see what happens(most probably oom but w/e)

Deleted
    Afraid I don't. Either way, even if it would be ticking for alot less on some, finding out in order to be able to focus on the "real" wrack targets is potentially just too time-consuming, isn't it?

I would assume that any guild who's that far into content would log their fights. Are you sure that you don't have logs, check your guild on worldoflogs or something.

But yeah, I've never experienced this bug. Maybe Wrack is jumping back onto the same person after you dispell it (which is possible) and you think that the 1st dispell didn't work, so you dispell him again meaning it jumped another 2 times.

you can you would have X amount of wracks on you at once though, although they would eventually all drop. A guild on my server 3 healed and it spammed mass dispel. Very stupid way to cheese the fight

Quote Originally Posted by erthael View Post
    Afraid I don't. Either way, even if it would be ticking for alot less on some, finding out in order to be able to focus on the "real" wrack targets is potentially just too time-consuming, isn't it?
    Quite easy to filter the logs and look for dispels and wrack applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    you can you would have X amount of wracks on you at once though, although they would eventually all drop. A guild on my server 3 healed and it spammed mass dispel. Very stupid way to cheese the fight
    Heh I suggested this to my guild while we were progressing and they called me crazy... if you think about it, as long as you guys can survive a longer p4 (p3 without the haste buff) there really is no problem with spam dispelling Wrack.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys dispel wrack? If you dispel it with Mass Dispel it will mess up like that. We have coordinated dispels.
    Also, about the orbs, it happened for us like that, but once you learn to cope with either healers getting Orb'd, then it will be easier.

When are you guys using raid cooldowns?

/watch?v=74ivMLHjTaE << our 5th kill on 10m to get the achievement.
    [P] [85:Manintty-Sha]: like your pretty much a tank god

I used to be good at this game
    Washed up Top 20 US player