Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Books] Pottermore - Something new by J.K Rowling?

Seems that J.K Rowling has something up her sleeve.

She recently made a new site called http://www.pottermore.com and if you click the owls it leads to a countdown, that is currently at 6 days 7 hours 12 minutes. With the words Potter in it it must mean it has something to do with that wonderful world of Harry Potter, but what? She has already said she is not planning any other books, maybe a gigantic Harry Potter fansite? Maybe even a Harry Potter MMO?

What does everyone else think?

I think the Harry Potter story should be left alone now. 7 books and 8 movies was great and all, but it's time to end it.

I'm fairly certain that she never said she WOULDN'T write another Harry Potter book. Actually I think she sort of hinted that she might continue it later down the road, but obviously nothing conclusive. I haven't really done any research/digging though so this is just vague recollections of hearsay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt17 View Post
    I'm fairly certain that she never said she WOULDN'T write another Harry Potter book. Actually I think she sort of hinted that she might continue it later down the road, but obviously nothing conclusive. I haven't really done any research/digging though so this is just vague recollections of hearsay.
    I believe she said if she planned another Harry Potter book it wouldn't be for a good 10 years. It has only been 4 years since HP7 came out.

Yeah she never said she was completely done with it. It just sounded like she was taking a break. It's a huge part of her life and it seems like she may return to it at some point. She was writing those books for longer than some members of this forum have been alive so she is probably still attached to it.

She no longer owns the rights to actually Harry Potter (and associates) if I remember right so last I heard she was writing about the many kids of the various potter characters.

Though I've been out of the loop.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2011-06-17 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    She no longer owns the rights to actually Harry Potter (and associates) if I remember right so last I heard she was writing about the many kids of the various potter characters.
    Of course she owns the rights to Harry Potter.. she wrote it. She can do whatever she pleases with her world.

Last I heard she was selling/had sold the rights, as I said I haven't kept up to date really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am intrigued... going to be a long week.

10+ Year Old Account
    From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/h...e-website.html

Her lawyer, Neil Blair, refused to reveal what the website would contain, saying only: "This is not a new Harry Potter book."

It is rumoured that the interactive site will be a meeting place for fans offering games, a Harry Potter encyclopaedia, readings by Stephen Fry and competitions. Fans will also be able to buy the books.

Potter fansite The Leaky Cauldron has been granted a sneak preview of the content and described it as "one of the most amazing, engaging and breathtaking additions to this fandom imaginable

Also, found this on twitter

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/...demark=2521949
    Last edited by Kettu; 2011-06-17 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it's been planned for over two years, must be good.

I'm hearing rumors of a Harry Potter MMO. Sounds possible considering there's already a LOTR and Star Wars MMO's, and a Harry Potter MMO has been rumored for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were an MMO.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a great fun and I'd love a harry potter MMO it would lack content so she would have to expand the world a lot to make it good.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way that site and the youtube channel looks, seems like it might not have anything to do with Harry Potter at all, might be a book about owls, didn't we already have a movie like that last year? >.< Looking forward to it though, whatever it may be. Hopefully a brand new universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    The way that site and the youtube channel looks, seems like it might not have anything to do with Harry Potter at all, might be a book about owls, didn't we already have a movie like that last year? >.< Looking forward to it though, whatever it may be. Hopefully a brand new universe.
    The site is called pottermore.com.

With this at the bottom:

Harry Potter and Pottermore Publishing Rights © J.K. Rowling
    Harry Potter characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warners Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    I think the Harry Potter story should be left alone now. 7 books and 8 movies was great and all, but it's time to end it.
    Well you gotta milk it for as much as you can.

I hope whatever it is isn't literally called Pottermore because that's an awful name

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by donPilgaard View Post
    Well you gotta milk it for as much as you can.
    why not?
    if you can make money out of something that otherwise would be dead, I say go for it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think she needs to make more money off writing another book. Probably an official fansite to keep the franchise alive for the next generation of readers.