priest levelling via LFD tool

Hey all,Just dusted off my lvl 64 priest (now 66) and i'm levelling him purely via the LFD tool.It's fast and works out great. Easy to heal (i'm holy with the heirloom shoulders, chestpiece and mace).I'm wondering if i'm limiting myself too much by doing only LFD, as i haven't quested or PVP'ed at all.Am i missing out on stuff (apart from the rep) by doing this?Or will i be perfectly ok?I don't even have the flying skill yet because i just que in undercity.

Deleted
    If you leveld through 15-60 without doing any quests (considering you didn't do them since 4.0 patch), then you missed some awesome questlines. However in outland/northrend, I too always prefer LFD leveling since questing is just dull when you do it several times, but that's just me.

But you should definetly quest 80-85 because of rep + to get some gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentOne View Post
    If you leveld through 15-60 without doing any quests (considering you didn't do them since 4.0 patch), then you missed some awesome questlines.
    Not if this was "dusted off". He missed the old quests, which is a good thing.

Deleted
    Well you also have proffs? If you dont then I gues not a whole lot cept for some achievements and some nice quest rewards (there are a few nice ones)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentOne View Post
    If you leveld through 15-60 without doing any quests (considering you didn't do them since 4.0 patch), then you missed some awesome questlines. However in outland/northrend, I too always prefer LFD leveling since questing is just dull when you do it several times, but that's just me.But you should definetly quest 80-85 because of rep + to get some gold.
    I have to agree that atleast Some questing is favorable. I however did my shaman healer nearly without them and caught up with rep and (more) gold from quests at 85. Worked fine for me the only things i would advice against is using random at level 84, ur better off queueing specific, the xp difference between day trom national and blackrock descent is huuuuge. (add questrewarded xp and loot)Also leveling with LFD means ur gear and xperience will be sufficient to start heroics fast.
    Last edited by Chamass; 2011-06-17 at 10:31 AM. Reason: phone keyboard = fail spelling
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

Well, i've done the new quests with my shammy (most of them) and on my priest i got THE boat from 1k needles

questing from 80-85 is kinda what bothers me. I'm a healer in a healing spec, and i really don't like to go shadow.
    Also, i don't have friends or guildies (it's a 3 man guild with 20+ chars XD) to level with.

Seems to me like LFD'ing is the way to go for my priest.

BTW, i have done all the quests with 3 other characters already (DK, Hunter and Mage).
    I wanted a change of pace (meaning healing instead of dpssing)

I have 2 priests atm around the level 70-80 range. I recently started leveling one again and I went as disc. Disc is pretty easy to heal for 5 mans and it's surprisingly strong soloing quests AND pvp. I've managed to kill 2 horde toons that were my level back to back while I was questing in BT.

Do both, or all 3. I queue up as a healer from the 70-80 bracket (same for you in the 60-70 Outlands) and when I get into a group I do my healing role. If the group sucks I just leave and continue questing while my debuff wears off. The nice thing is that with disc, you could keep the same spec and quest and switch to healing without having to switch specs and make your group wait. My 2nd spec is shadow but I rarely change over because at this level range disc is just as good.

Yeah, maybe i'll try disc again, love the wings and attonement.I wanted to try out chakra, revelations and lightwell

I went 70-85 all LFD. Getting the gear to get into 80+ instances was a pain, but otherwise its awesome. Less than 10 hours after hitting 85 I was in heroics. My plan now is to go back and do some quests for rep and cash and also finish leveling Alc.

If you don't want to quest, your not missing anything by LFD leveling. Sometimes PvP is fun for a change of pace.

I don't know if I could LFD level as a non-tank. The tanks you get at low levels are still learning and (understandably) often moving relatively slow. I get impatient. If you're fine with that, usually you can just tell them "hey I got this", and that they can pull a lot faster if they want to. Do it in a nice way, and you can usually get them to speed up.

Actually Shartadin I would say that is true but also not true. I see both extremes in leveling through the LFD. As often as I see totally inexperienced tanks I see tanks who clearly know what they are doing. It's sort of a crap shoot. Though as a general thing if you see a bear tank before about lvl 40 I'd drop. They get bear form early but it takes forever to get any decent bear abilities, so that can be rough.

In the case the OP though... I always level 60-80 solely in LFD because I really have no desire to quest through Outlands and Northrend again. The one downside though (a huge one imo) is that they didn't redesign those dungeons to have the quests all obtainable inside the instances. So unless you go get those that can slow down your leveling a good bit.

Yeah, i loved the lower level dungeons when they re-did it (so he wasn't that old i guess), but outland and northrend are just plain boring since i've done those like 5 times at least!

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 10:02 AM ----------

So, at lvl 85, is it possible to quest (let's say Tol Barad) as disc with a smite spec? Viable?