Thread: processor

10+ Year Old Account

processor

hi all,

i have a intel(R) core (TM) Duo CPU P8600 @2,4GHz (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=35568)
    the page of intel says it is a 64 bit CPU but my laptop is installed with windows 7 32 bit version

would it increace my performance if i reinstal it tot 64 bit ? and also i heard wow had some problems with the 64 bit version what's that all about?, will my wow performance drop if i reinstal windows ?

THANKS
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    hi all,

i have a intel(R) core (TM) Duo CPU P8600 @2,4GHz (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=35568)
    the page of intel says it is a 64 bit CPU but my laptop is installed with windows 7 32 bit version

would it increace my performance if i reinstal it tot 64 bit ? and also i heard wow had some problems with the 64 bit version what's that all about?, will my wow performance drop if i reinstal windows ?

THANKS
    Firstly, it depends on weather your motherboard will support 64bit,
    Secondly, it depends on weather you have more than 3.5gb of RAM,
    Thirdly, no you will not see a performance decrease in WoW, if anything you **SHOULD** see an increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    hi all,

THANKS
    Short answer, no.
    WoW doesn't even have a 64 bit client yet btw, it's something that Blizz said they were developing.

Deleted
    well if you have 4GB of ram yes go for 64bit.. if wow wont go faster other aplications will.. i noticed some improvements in starting up other 32bit aplications.. you cant go wrong with it.. win7 64bithas full support for 32bit aplications so dont worry something wwont work.. well except some really old games or programs but you can allways make them work with some adjustmens

and no i have no problems with wow and 64bit win... plus i noticed better performance runing wow in windowed mode in 64bit operating system,
    also i have p8400 wich is 200MHz slower cpu than yours

hope this helps
    Last edited by mmoc1de79b41cc; 2011-06-17 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 3571 MB fysical memory (thats RAM right ?) in total (1519 MB in cache, 2185 available and 739 free)
    where do i find the type of motherboard i have in the device manager ?
    thanks

Deleted
    if you see 3,5gb its all that win can handle.. physicly you have 4gigs but your current system doesnt support more... and for motherboard im pretty sure it can support 64bit cpu.. otherwise they would not put one in there, would they?

if you want to know more details about you nb, google cpu-z it will show you all info needed including ram, speeds, all info about cpu etc

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks a lot (i have indeed 4 gig ram installed memory)

afaik 32bit systems "recognize" up to 3GB of ram. if you want to utilize more ram you need a 64bit system, just what ive read on forums since I was looking for the same thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    afaik 32bit systems "recognize" up to 3GB of ram
    2^32 = 4 294 967 296 byte = 4GiB

There can be OS specific reservations on top of that however.

Yeah, my brother has 4GB RAM installed on his laptop (it was there when he ordered it). Windows Vista 32bit only recognizes 3.6GB of it.

It "recognizes" it all, it just can't use it all. It can only address 4 gigs total, and that has to include hardware resources too, so that's why you can't use all 4 Gigs. If you had PAE enabled you could use it, but Windows designed for home use doesn't have that option.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2