Deleted

learning keybinds for pvp

ive bound my keys to favorite abilities as there no actual guidefor that just recommendations, what i want to know is do i need w as move forward and q+e as strafe or a+d as strafe to be good in random bg's or is the strafe thing optional

Deleted
    well wasd is good to keep and you can bind q e r t f g c v and alt and shift combinations with them since you can easilly strafe with holding right mose down ale turning to side

it doesnt rly matter which option u`ll choose, but afaik most people go for WSQE strafes or standard WSAD with rightbutton strafe.

best way to "learn" them - play shitton of random bgs.

Deleted
    Big hands help! i;ve got about 58 bindings for everything from Levitate to water and food, wands and mounts :I

But, it's taken me about 1 year to get used to them all. I started out with 3 bindings, and as times arose were i needed to use a skill or item that i needed to click for, i got more and more annoyed to the point were i would make a bindings for it. :P

And that's how i got 58. (as well as targeting bindings ans such, like tarparty 1 is wheel up and tarparty 2 is wheel down. dispelling is the same just with a shift mod for up and down :P)

Deleted
    WASD is what I use to move, I bind Q + E to Bubble + Wings, Then I bind T J Z X 1 2 3 4 and shift then ctrl of the numbers mentioned.

Deleted
    yes but having wsad as movement keys is subtracting the amount of single binded keys on my keyboard as i dnt like pressing the modifers alot there for like my not used alot kind of abilities my single keys are for my main roatation and well used abilities

Deleted
    a & d for strafe (don't bother binding turning again), keep w as move forward.
    now use 1-6, q, e, r, t, y, f,g ,h,c,v with modifiers shift ctrl & alt or even double modifiers (example: shift+alt+e) for all abilities. It depends on your keyboard really but this way suits me best.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    Big hands help! i;ve got about 58 bindings for everything from Levitate to water and food, wands and mounts :I
    I got about 130 now :P bloody warlocks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmew View Post
    yes but having wsad as movement keys is subtracting the amount of single binded keys on my keyboard as i dnt like pressing the modifers alot there for like my not used alot kind of abilities my single keys are for my main roatation and well used abilities
    Well you can't strafe without binding either A/D or Q/E to it, as far as I'm aware.

I will show you my binds i did not learn these binds in 1 hour 1 day 1 month it takes time to learn binds i dont know the exact time but i do know if you keep doing something repeat repeat you learn it easily..

My advise to you is learn 3 binds per 3 days or something yes and by learn i mean put your 3 HIGHEST PRIORITY spells into those binds so you HAVE to use them all the time.. once you are comfortable with the binds you hand can reach them and you know how to press them WITHOUT looking @ the keyboard them move onto the next 3 binds and repeat..

There is no limit to keybinds you can use any combination for any spell or cast or anything

The best place to learn binds is pvp BG, Raiding or dungeons

I go left hand keyboard right hand mouse

f - shadow bolt
    e - fel flame
    z - soul fire
    scroll up - bane of agony
    scroll down - corruption
    ctrl e - haunt
    ctrl f - unstable affliction
    ctrl q - shadowflame
    alt q - death coil
    alt e - bane of doom
    alt f - soul swap
    c - drain soul
    1 - seed of sorruption
    2 - hellfire
    3 - rain of fire
    4 - darkflight
    5 - summon demons
    6 - soul link
    7 - fel armor
    8 - demon armor
    x - soulburn
    alt 1 - demonsoul
    alt 2 - lifetap
    alt 3 - health funnel
    ctrl 1 - soul harvest
    ctrl 2 - summon infernal
    ctrl 3 - summon doomgaurd
    ctrl 4 - howl of terror
    v - curse of the elements
    q - fear
    ctrl r - drain life
    r - shadow ward
    g - healthstone
    ctrl g - banish
    ctrl v - flying mount magic carpet
    ctrl scroll up - dark intent
    ctrl scroll down - wand
    alt scroll up - curse of tongues
    alt scroll down - curse of weakness
    f1 - create soulstone
    f2 - soulstone
    f3 create healthstone
    ctrl z - soulshatter
    ctrl x - demonic circle summon
    ctrl c - demonic circle teleport

Deleted
    do i need the s key bound to move back so i can strafe around the player or wat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmew View Post
    do i need the s key bound to move back so i can strafe around the player or wat
    You can do that without s.. well if you have a mouse anyway. I still got s bound for backpeddling but never use it. It's a waste of a good keybind thinking about it..

Deleted
    im getting a naga soon so it will make binding alot easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal preferance. Thats all i can say.

We cannot say what is best for you.

All we can do is tell you where you can bind, the rest, is up to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest taking a look at the following thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...How-To-Keybind

Great guide on keybinds -- Includes graphics and all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    ctrl q - shadowflame
    damn, do you miss shadowflames often? that would be too tricky for me to get off with a modifier key while doing 180's to face enemies while kiting them

Deleted
    i heard fury is easier to bind abilities to in pvp is this true

How to go Cold Turkey as a clicker:
    1-Bind your keys
    2-Join a BG
    3-Alt+Z

Natural selection will see to it