4.2 Disc Priest (mastery/haste vs critt)

Hi guys

After reading and a lot of thinking I am stuck at some questions and I couldn't find any good answer. In patch 4.2 the critt heal is increased from 150% to 200%. This means that critt heal's would be more valuable then before. However, that increased healing isn't good enough to change my mastery to critt. However, Divine Aegis also gives us a great shield, and the critt healing increase would increase that aswell.

What do you think, would mastery still be the prior stat or do we have to combine a balance between mastery and critt?

Any suggestions?

~Tobbx at Grim Batol Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by tobbx View Post
    hi guys

after reading and a lot of thinking i am stuck at some questions and i couldn't find any good answer. In patch 4.2 the critt heal is increased from 150% to 200%. This means that critt heal's would be more valuable then before. However, that increased healing isn't good enough to change my mastery to critt. However, divine aegis also gives us a great shield, and the critt healing increase would increase that aswell.

What do you think, would mastery still be the prior stat or do we have to combine a balance between mastery and critt?

Any suggestions?

~tobbx at grim batol alliance
    int > mastery > crit > haste

Deleted
    role is raidbubbler: int > mastery >> haste / crit
    role is tankhealer: int > mastery / haste > crit

weighting of stats separated with a slash is up to individual preference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    This won't really change anything for Disc. Crit will still be pretty crappy for raid healing Disc, and good for tank healing Disc. It's a nice (but rather minor) little buff though, so tank healing Discoballs can rejoice.

gonna make inner focus op, auto crit gheal with 3 stacks of grace will give is like 60-70k crit + 25-35k shield

Quote Originally Posted by Amilee View Post
    role is raidbubbler: int > mastery >> haste / crit
    raidbubbler will disapear again, after the nerf to druid dps innervate and shammys spirit totem.

I can only speak for myself (raid disc 10man)
    Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Crit happens, and it still just happens in 4.2. Nothing you rely on so still after a buff it's just a 3rd stat that is nice to have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier View Post
    inner focus op, auto crit gheal
    I have a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier View Post
    gonna make inner focus op, auto crit gheal with 3 stacks of grace will give is like 60-70k crit + 25-35k shield
    25% + 5% raid buff + 10% from grace or weakened soul + 10-15% base at most(I hope to god) =/= 100%

Tank Healing Discipline Priest will still want:
    Intellect > Haste/Crit > Mastery

Raid Healing Discipline Priest will still want:
    Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Bubble Bots are Intellect > Mastery > Else.

Divine Aegis doesn't scale well with Mastery, at all. If it did like Illuminated Healing (Paladins) we'd definitely be having a different conversation. Mastery, really, is all about increasing your Power Word: Shield. As such, it's a nice stat to have for tank/raid healing, but not before haste (or crit when on tanks)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Tank Healing Discipline Priest will still want:
    Intellect > Haste/Crit > Mastery

Raid Healing Discipline Priest will still want:
    Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Bubble Bots are Intellect > Mastery > Else.

Divine Aegis doesn't scale well with Mastery, at all. If it did like Illuminated Healing (Paladins) we'd definitely be having a different conversation. Mastery, really, is all about increasing your Power Word: Shield. As such, it's a nice stat to have for tank/raid healing, but not before haste (or crit when on tanks)
    Question, would you reforge out of mastery and into haste? or leave any mastery as is, and only reforge crit to haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Question, would you reforge out of mastery and into haste? or leave any mastery as is, and only reforge crit to haste.
    The thing about Disc is all 3 secondary stats play off each other. Haste means faster PoH meaning more divine aegis but if it crits you will get even a stronger divine aegis.

For raid healing, I say get a comfortable haste level (for you) that you feel your heals are fast enough to save the raid group and then focus on mastery/crit from there. All 3 secondary stats are extremely close in value to each other so it comes down to preference. (Though you will be better off with mastery since crit is still RNG even with its buff).
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I have a problem with this.
    I have a problem with vague statements from Mods that don't really add anything constructive, good or bad, to the overall post. Seems to me a normal user would be infracted more often than not for such a shitty, snarky little post.

OT: I don't think it's going to be so easy to see exactly how valuable crit rating is for us as Disc until we can actually start getting into a solid amount of 378 gear. That being said I tend to agree that it's mostly just a little buff for tank healing Discos more than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I have a problem with vague statements from Mods that don't really add anything constructive, good or bad, to the overall post. Seems to me a normal user would be infracted more often than not for such a shitty, snarky little post.

OT: I don't think it's going to be so easy to see exactly how valuable crit rating is for us as Disc until we can actually start getting into a solid amount of 378 gear. That being said I tend to agree that it's mostly just a little buff for tank healing Discos more than anything else.
    What he quoted was, inner focus and auto crit (clearly bolded) meaning he is pointing out inner focus does not make gheal auto crit, it just increases the chance. Although it was a bit vague at first glance, its not snarky.

Its called.... deductive reading......?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    If you're not bubble-botting, yes I would indeed forge mastery into Haste. Trading a lesser stat into a better stat is always a good thing.

Something doesn't have to be "that much worse" to be worth reforging. If they were within 5% of eachother or 40% of eachother, you still seek out the better itemisation.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I have a problem with people that take their problems with moderation, and make them public.

Firstly, Ultima's little correction was pretty valid, and coming from anyone else (even people I can't stanf like TiduZ and Nocturna) would have been left as it is.

Secondly, and more importantly, if you have problems with how Ultima and I have been running this ship for the past year and a half, you're welcome to bring it up to us directly. Or, if you prefer, contact Sunshine or Boubouille. Moderation is not up for public debate, and that will get someone infracted.

End of discussion.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    For a 10man disc priest who almost always raids with an HPal (who annoys me for doing so many absorbs now :P ) and a Resto (mostly druid) who often heals/ offheals one tank and point heals/helps with raid damage, what stat weighting would you reccomend? I've been leaning toward a balance of stats but mastery just doesnt seem to do much to my overall effective throughput considering how poorly it scales with DA and I only use PW:S for Rapture on the tanks and for spike dmg on the raid. Would Haste/Crit> Mastery work better for me do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What he quoted was, inner focus and auto crit (clearly bolded) meaning he is pointing out inner focus does not make gheal auto crit, it just increases the chance. Although it was a bit vague at first glance, its not snarky.

Its called.... deductive reading......?
    Correct. I don't understand how the obvious bolding didn't help.

*mod hat*

Let's not bump topics though, Shad.