Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    First off, just because something was on the PTR does not in any way mean anything. They straight up said that the 5%+block chance HS was part of a bigger fix, we never even saw the full implementation of that.
    No....I could have missed the quote about the "bigger fix", but from what I recall it seemed to be a lot of people misreading what blizzard had said in the same way they misread "WoG is a powerful heal". I possibly did miss the more explicit quote...care to provide?

As it is, the 5% increase made the Mastery problem worse by bringing forward the point at which Mastery capped. That could have allowed them to reduce the scaling, but that also would lower the value of Mastery relative to parry/dodge

Also just because the current HS change was on PTR one week after the 5% change doesn't mean the current change took 1 week to design.
    It likely took less. They'd need to see their first fix didn't work, then try a couple of ideas...and then simply copy over the warriors SBlock and modify it.

So we can QQ about how Blizzard is terrible, how they're retarded for not seeing these problems coming 6 months ago
    Everyone else saw these problems on beta. Never mind 6 months. Give them credit for acknowledging it exists? And for trying solutions that needed to have been tried a year ago when people were pointing out the problem?

Either they were ignored then or Blizzard decided to delay fixing the the issue to allow them devote the necessary time for the design team to fix other classes. Its all very well being optimisitic, but when Blizzard continually patches the class to fix issues brought up in testing and does this time after time after time and refuses to put into place mechanics even it says would be beneficial or necessary, you have to question how things really are. A poor vision and contradictory design aims do not make for a well built class.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2011-07-01 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    So having done more than half of Firelands so far I've generally tended to use it in conjugation with DP during damage spikes (ie: getting high on stacks while tanking Riplimb, Tantrum on Alysrazor). Of course this is normal mode so I'm not sure if the same will stay true in heroics, but so far I'm liking how this plays out. I also use it in a CD chain with DP sometimes but those cases are rare, it seems burst on these bosses rarely lasts more than 10 seconds or so. A few notes:

- I'm nowhere near block capped, especially since I reforged for hit/exp for Alysrazor in order to minimize tantrums, our DPS aren't able to help too much on that yet. Obviously HS isn't as good like this but it still helps.
    - I don't find playstyle to be much more dynamic, certainly not like DKs are. We're still very passive and I simply treat this CD like a second DP. However the extra flexibility is nice, especially if I glyph DP for magic damage (I'll probably do this for Baleroc) it'll be nice to have 1 20% for physical and one 40% for magic.
    - Mana still isn't an issue for healers tank healing, so using this on CD seems like a huge waste of it's potential.

Perhaps I'm not used to the 30 sec CD yet but I rarely use it more than once a minute. I think once I get my brain aligned with the 30 seconds instead of the 60 that I'm used to from my old "small quick CD" and once I get block capped then HS will become much better. I'm 100% certain I can utilize HS better with more practice but for now that's my experience with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    multiple mob tanking/fast attacking mob v. hard hitting mob

lets say for some reason one tank(the pally) had to tank the boss and adds. never at the same time, but during different phases. assume for a moment that you cant have HS up for both of these.

would you choose to have HS up for the big heavy blow, or have it ready for the fast attack/multiple add?

i know this situation isnt likely, but if you had to choose, which attack would you have HS ready for?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    multiple mob tanking/fast attacking mob v. hard hitting mob

lets say for some reason one tank(the pally) had to tank the boss and adds. never at the same time, but during different phases. assume for a moment that you cant have HS up for both of these.

would you choose to have HS up for the big heavy blow, or have it ready for the fast attack/multiple add?

i know this situation isnt likely, but if you had to choose, which attack would you have HS ready for?
    Whichever hit harder to be honest. If you're not block capped there is an advantage of predictability to using HS on the many mobs, however by no means should it be 100% saved for those situations just for that reason.

The thing is with a 30sec CD you're likely to be able to use it on both of them, or at the very least HS on one and DP on the other.

20% bubble (1min)
    50% bubble (5 min)
    20% + deathsave
    WOG every 20sec
    On Use Trinket 2min
    Wings+Holy Radiance (2min / 1 min)

I was not aware we needed more buttons for mitigation. honestly this should have been built into an ability IMHO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrad View Post
    20% bubble (1min)
    50% bubble (5 min)
    20% + deathsave
    WOG every 20sec
    On Use Trinket 2min
    Wings+Holy Radiance (2min / 1 min)

I was not aware we needed more buttons for mitigation. honestly this should have been built into an ability IMHO.
    What is "built into an ability"? Last I checked this is an ability.

Also please at least read the last page or so of discussion, the difference between new HS and a regular CD has been covered to death already. I'm not even sure exactly what your complaint is, what too many buttons for you to press?