Help me with my Vid Card (or maybe buying a new one?)

Every once in awhile lately while touring the net, watching youtube (or netflix), or playing wow, my TV will reset like the video card is turned off for a split second or something. I know it is not the TV cause I play my XBOX 360 on it and it doesn't do it then. When the tv comes back on, everything is still the same. All that happened was the TV screen went black, then it comes back on.

Kinda like when I turn my computer off or restart, the tv will go black and I will hear a click from it then it tells me I lost a signal (on a restart when the computer comes back on the "Lost Signal" will go away and I can see the load screen). This is basically what is happening, EXCEPT I do not see the "Lost Signal", screen goes black and about 20 seconds later it comes back on after I hear the click.

I have the Palit GTS 450, any takers on what is going on? I am using a standard HDMI cable as well from the vid card to the tv, if that helps any.

Win 7 (64 bit)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tent-_-text-_-
    Is what I have, has been running great till a few days when it started doing it.

it was OC on after burner:
    Core Voltate: 1050
    Core Clock (MHz): 900
    Shader Clock (MHz): 1800
    Memory Clock (MHz): 2000

But it still does it even on base settings.

==============
    I think it might be the video card.... I do not want to replace the video card unless I have to.
    If it is the card, can anyone recommend a good card between $100-150?
    Author: Ulysses S. Grant (A True Raider & PvPr)

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Is this a new issue? Meaning have you just recently started connecting your computer to your TV?

It's possible you have a bad HDMI cable. I know you said you don't have the problem with your XBOX 360, but are you using the same HDMI cable/cable port with the XBOX as the computer?

Hook up your GFX card with a DVI/VGA connection (if possible) and see if you suffer the problem with a regular monitor.

Could possibly be a driver issue. Maybe even over heating (though unlikely unless under full load).

Edit: Always start with testing the cheapest part to replace when troubleshooting. I.E. Check your connections, try a different port...etc. (cheapest - free) Try a different cable (Cable bad, buy a new one...etc) You see where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by themew2; 2011-06-17 at 05:45 PM.

My tv has been hooked up to the computer since I bought the computer. Same cable I use for the 360 I use for the computer, which goes into the same port on the back of the tv.
    1) Same cable I use for computer I hooked up to xbox = no problem
    2) Check my drivers, and they are up to date.
    3) As I stated on #1 same cable, and same port for the xbox and no problems.

Only other thing I can think of is the VGA cable to my TV (has a vga connection as well). But even if the problem stops, it does not solve what I want to solve. I have the HDMI cable on the computer and the tv for a reason......Good, Clean, Clear picture.

I would really like some help if there is any to offer out there.

I would be looking at Afterburner and it would be about anywhere from 25c to 75c, and load (gpu usage) would be anywhere from 10% to 90% when these occurrences happen.
    Author: Ulysses S. Grant (A True Raider & PvPr)

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.