Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lots of ppl who never heard about stalker/borderlands/fallout3/mass effect 2(not first person but still pretty much a shooter)...

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I am all in for an MMOFPS, but how do you make an FPS into an MMO? I mean a big part of the MMO is the environment/world, which you cant exactly "enjoy" only from a first person view. Take WoW for example - if you play it only completely zoomed in you miss out on tons and tons of stuff which you will see if you zoom out.
    I have a feeling that it will be like Mass Effect-a third person perspective with more visibility until you draw your weapon. A third person shooter is probably more likely.

Gamasutra interviewd an analyst who claimed in a new research report on Activision blizzard that Titan will be a 'casual' MMO. It's not clear where this analyst is getting his information from but I suppose it's one more piece to the puzzle. I added this to the speculation section of the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The full name of the game is Starcraft: Titan....

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    The full name of the game is Starcraft: Titan....
    It's time to let go...it will not be based on Starcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    MMOFPS seems odd. But I guess they don't want to fight WoW themselves.
    Still, I won't take anything before Blizzard says it.
    I think an MMOFPS is exactly what the genre needs. The extra abilities and RPG elements will still be there but movement, cover and aiming will be the dertermining factor when it comes to skill.

Curent MMOs just have, slelect target, use ability, check if in range/los, roll dice. This includes the upcomming OMG!: GW2 and SWToR.

I'm sure their are other examples out there but Borderlands really has a small scale version of what an MMOFPS could be.

Deleted
    He also sees potential in "a new casual MMO" from the company, telling Gamasutra he was referring to the previously revealed project Titan from Blizzard, which he expects to hit some time in 2013.

Added on top of new Starcraft and World of Warcraft expansions, the long-awaited launch of Diablo III and Bungie's upcoming Activision project, the releases make for a pipeline that Bhatia thinks should alleviate investor fears about Activision Blizzard's over-reliance on a few major franchises.

This is important, Bhatia said, because EA's upcoming release of Battlefield 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic may eat into the market shares for Call of Duty and World of Warcraft, respectively. Still, he saw no reason to downgrade the company's "Buy" rating for the stock.
    Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...n_Blizzard.php

Now this is just an analyst speaking but the fact that he refers to "Titan" as a "casual MMO" really curbs my enthusiasm for the project. While it's understandable that Blizzard would go for the more lucrative and less demanding casual players, as a hardcore gamer this might imply that Titan might not in fact be worth waiting for.

This would probably be counter to the FPS rumors as I see little point in AvB competing for Modern Warfare players on multiple fronts. Instead I believe it's more likely Blizzard would try and target current casual players along the lines of Angry Birds, Farmville and casual raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-07-01 at 03:07 AM.

Let's try to steer the Titan discussion back into this thread please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Curent MMOs just have, slelect target, use ability, check if in range/los, roll dice. This includes the upcomming OMG!: GW2 and SWToR.
    you should read up on those 2 titles a bit more.

I know this is still basically speculation about titan being a more casual game but I have to say, it's turning me off. Blizzard should really clarify this soon because most of the traditional MMO crowd will probably lose interest in the game real quick if they think it's going to be some kind of casual game mainly targeted at the facebook gamers or something like that. I know it's still way early but if people mentally write it off now and get invested in another game it may be difficult to get them back for a second look later. First impressions are hard to undo.

Deleted
    /vote for sticky

Quote Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
    I know this is still basically speculation about titan being a more casual game but I have to say, it's turning me off. Blizzard should really clarify this soon because most of the traditional MMO crowd will probably lose interest in the game real quick if they think it's going to be some kind of casual game mainly targeted at the facebook gamers or something like that. I know it's still way early but if people mentally write it off now and get invested in another game it may be difficult to get them back for a second look later. First impressions are hard to undo.
    It's not a speculation - it's been confirmed.

Link

>>In addition, expansion packs for Starcraft and World of Warcraft, a new Diablo game, a new casual MMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would absolutely love to rage and bitch about this getting a sticky while Rift, SW:TOR and GW2 don't have one, but oh wells...

It would be cool for some more hard info about this game (you know, premise, concept and such).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was mentioned before, my apologies

During one of the recent episodes of MMORGUE (I believe it was 7), the subject was f2p games.
    Titan was briefly mentioned by the host. He said he wouldn't be surprised if blizzard decided to make titan a F2P game,
    since the model is becoming a lot more popular with titles as LOTRO,LOL,DDO and lately AOC,COH,TF2.
    I assume the model still has a pretty bad name on a wow forum like this, but overall, it's doing well.

Do you guys think blizzard would ever think of making Titan F2P with an optional premium sub fee (like City of Heroes soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I would absolutely love to rage and bitch about this getting a sticky while Rift, SW:TOR and GW2 don't have one, but oh wells...

It would be cool for some more hard info about this game (you know, premise, concept and such).
    Ya it makes about 0 sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    If this was mentioned before, my apologies

During one of the recent episodes of MMORGUE (I believe it was 7), the subject was f2p games.
    Titan was briefly mentioned by the host. He said he wouldn't be surprised if blizzard decided to make titan a F2P game,
    since the model is becoming a lot more popular with titles as LOTRO,LOL,DDO and lately AOC,COH,TF2.
    I assume the model still has a pretty bad name on a wow forum like this, but overall, it's doing well.

Do you guys think blizzard would ever think of making Titan F2P with an optional premium sub fee (like City of Heroes soon)
    Maybe but keep in mind the main reason games like that go to "free-to-play" is because they bomb horribly. IF Titan works out well enough, Blizzard will keep the monthly fees going and keep the game updated like they do with WoW.

Of course it's going to be casual. WoW is casual. They're going to take everything they learned from WoW and apply it to Titan. I wouldn't read into it that its going to be lolfarmvillefpsinspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    I hope it will be something like this.

-Players can great their own story about what happend before the earth would be destroyed etc (if its about the earth and stuff), wich would be amazing for RP, and if they made an awesome way to have quests/stuff you do accualy makes the world beter/suckyer it would be pretty sweet for making a good back ground story for your character.

- A lot of world PvP (would be cool if their would be no side's like horde and alliance). but you could accually clan up with peopple and expore/fight with those peopple.

- A lot of difrent ways to fight, Guns/spells/swords the wholl thing, would be cool to have some difrent things to use.

- world events, Make it worth it to visit zones so peopple wont sit on the same spot all the time.

Would be cool
    I think this is the best idea for how it would work. If it was an alternate reality of Earth if there was an apocalypse it would be pretty interesting. Different cultures have different ideas on apocalypses and I think that if this was to be an apocalyptic version of the Earth it would be amazing if it took a universalist approach to this. Universalists believe in just about everything religious wise (except for Scientology) so we would see modern Priests bringing out ancient Holy Powers to save the world and other types of religous gurus would embrace the magic from their society.

It would be an exaggerated world. Blizzard is near Disneyland and Disneyland simply shows an exaggerated view of the world, since essentially 2012 is an exaggerated view of what will happen to our world. By exaggerating parts of the world it makes it only more engaging and I think that there would be a world server or basically one HUGE server, idk how Blizzard would do this but I have faith that they could. Character classes would be very complex and this would relate to the exaggeratedness. Say one's job is an engineer, why not exaggerate that idea and make them the engineer as seen in TF2, or how about one's job is a preacher and that could be exaggerated into the Priest from WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Ya it makes about 0 sense.
    Well I'd argue that Rift at least is a live game and therefor there is lots to discuss. Things change, new issues arise, old are forgotten. There's plenty to discuss in various different topics.

Titan on the other hand is nothing more than speculation at this point and this sticky serves as a cumulation of all known data. There's nothing much to discuss at this point since virtually nothing is known.

Stickies aren't about what's popular, but what makes sense. They are ideal for presenting lasting information to a large reader base. Good examples are Class Guides or gear-guides since these questions reoccur on a regular basis. They aren't good for promoting discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Well I'd argue that Rift at least is a live game and therefor there is lots to discuss. Things change, new issues arise, old are forgotten. There's plenty to discuss in various different topics.

Titan on the other hand is nothing more than speculation at this point and this sticky serves as a cumulation of all known data. There's nothing much to discuss at this point since virtually nothing is known.

Stickies aren't about what's popular, but what makes sense. They are ideal for presenting lasting information to a large reader base. Good examples are Class Guides or gear-guides since these questions reoccur on a regular basis. They aren't good for promoting discussion.
    Doesn't make it any different from the GW2 and SW:TOR threads. A lot of stuff about those games is speculation because one's barely even in Alpha and the other has severely strict NDA's.

Even one of the Mod's I talked to doesn't understand why this was made a sticky because there's nothing really to discuss about it, you know nothing about it out side of it's Blizz's new idea, and a casual MMO, and that usually they treat every other game the same way (can't have a subforum full of stickies).

If the sole reason why this is a sticky is because it's pure speculation right now, then GW2 should have gotten a thread back in '08.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-07-10 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter