Thread: Fanboi vs QQ

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fanboi vs QQ

Why when someone who expresses concern or discontent with the game or a feature in it they are immediately slapped with "QQ" "Whiners" "If you don't like it just quit!" etc. But then on the flip side, why is it that when someone takes a stance against these people or expresses satisfaction for changes made to the game they are called "Fanbois".

These seem like insults designed to do nothing more than tear down the foundation on someones opinion, but it is because of differing opinion that we have good, fun, healthy arguments that we all (apparently) love so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Because people like to feel superior to others, even if they are anonymous. Something that I don't get.
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

Deleted
    The internet.

There's your answer for this topic.

Because people here don't understand the concept of opinions, and the fact that someone else's can be different to theirs while still being perfectly valid.

Because people like thinking that people that have another opinion than their own, is blind, dumb, and an asshole.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2011-06-17 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They realise they would not be able to win with fair arguements anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well for the first part about the "QQ" and "Whiners", that's because 98% it IS QQ and whining, and not constructive criticism, very very very very very rarely do you see people post constructively, most of the time it's the same crap crying about the same thing adding nothing new to the table/discussion.

Most people who post that crap which is nothing but crap then don't want to be told it's crap so they turn back and snap at the others who are pointing out that their point is not valid, poorly said, and all that by calling them "Fanbois", because they don't hop on every QQ bandwagon and think before they decide to voice their opinion, and when they do it's not senseless QQ and whining.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-06-17 at 06:27 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say because of the ways that some people present their dissatisfaction with the current state of the game, rather than say "i feel this would be better because.." they say "this is a pile of shit why the fuck did blizzard make this, so bad!". Its like theyre just asking to be flamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    What you consider "QQ" and "whining" many others consider legitimate concerns. Open your mind a bit, please.
    Even if it is legitimate concerns, as soon as someone disagrees with these concerns they are usually slapped with "Fanboi" lately. Which I guess could just be the internet evolving, cuz in WotLK the cool insult to use was "Wrath Baby".

Because it's a far easier answer than actually responding to one's post.

Let's say there's a lot to read - why bother reading and answering thoroughly when you can just use one of those "titles"?

In the end, people who use those terms drop down on the "who to respect" chart, in my opinion.

Because they think people aren't allowed to voice opinions, suggestions, concerns, etc.

If it weren't for feedback, there'd be zero improvements at all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    What you consider "QQ" and "whining" many others consider legitimate concerns. Open your mind a bit, please.
    It's how it's posed.

"BLIZZARD BROKE MY CLASS BLIZZARD HATES PALADIN THANKS GHOSTCRAWLER YOU SUCK BALLS WHAT KIND OF RETARDS ARE RUNNING THIS GAME I'M GOING TO RIFT"

While it brings up a very vague point, it's still QQ, and thats what most posts are like.

It's not

"Hey, I've noticed over the past few months some pretty big issues which have not been adressed with the Paladin class. While many of these issues run from a while back, I feel that with recent changes in Cataclysm and 4.1 I feel like the gap is being closed and there is more we can do to finish closing it. To point out the issues see below;

Issue one- Cause- Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Solution- Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex.

Issue two- Cause- Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Solution- Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex

Issue three- Cause- Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Solution- Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex

So see there are certain ways to extend already existing spells and mechanics to fix the issues, while room to remove other pieces we have which are redundant and are not needed, this could very well help our class out. Any other suggestions people have, or any points to be made about anything I've said will be discussed. Thanks!"

Now that would be a constructive post.

-Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Because they think people aren't allowed to voice opinions, suggestions, concerns, etc.

If it weren't for feedback, there'd be zero improvements at all...
    Yeah it's mad annoying when you are in an opinionated thread (here and the official forums) and it's a good read with differing opinions and thoughts and discussion going on (last time I checked this was all good for progress), and then some homie pops in "EFFIN FANBOI GET OUTTA MY THREAD YOUR OPINION IS INVALID I'M RAGIN HERE!" and totally derails and kills the tread. :/

Typically in those threads, the OP uses neither fact or has the ability to articulate an argument that doesn't come off as whiny or fanboi. Also. The audience that is receiving it, is so over saturated with both types of threads it's hard to keep caring either way.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shut the front door. People have valid opinions?!?

But yeah, I think my signature does an ample job of explaining my position.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Deleted
    I dont like QQers. Sure, we can discuss about this class being OP but i dont like QQers saying NERF!!!! without any good reason. "They pwn you in two spells" just doesnt help at all. And i also dont like the class defenders, the "trolls" or what you call them. If theres a thread that is about this class, and everyone agrees, you know some defenders will jump out saying their OK. Like the old SL SL warlocks.

And fanboys. I have seen them in many threads. I call them trolls cause they really make me angry. Let us discuss the topic, dont come here and say "just quit" cause it makes us just angry. Please, stop doing that.

It's just the usual internet toughguy people.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that people state their opinions as facts. Creating threads like:

WoW is dead ( or dying )
    Or Wow is still great

And the go on to pontificate lke their opinion represents everyone. If people would just take a minute to think about what they are saying and make slight changes to their tone and interject words and phrases like: I think, or In my opinion.

Then ther are those that post statistics from other sites and accept them at face value. This ruffles the feathers or others and it becomes a war of snipes.