Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i think its going to be a CGI animated tv show, although i'd nerd out on a harry potter mmo

10+ Year Old Account
    My conditions to play this game.

1. Hogwarts is a raid, Harry Potter is a raid mount. He drops an epic wand.

2. I get to be a Death Eater, the unforgivable spells are spammable.

3. To add to number 2. Open world PvP, no safe Myth. Opposition can only use stupify(real spell? been awhile).

4. I get to turn in a Dementor, the kiss is spammable and permant. Dementors can fly, clip walls, stealth, and immune to spells.I would pay $20/month for this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    If a HP MMO is released I won't see my fiance for weeks... And we live together.
    I fell out of my chair laughing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Not really that much of a fan so no... Plus I'm sure it would be filled with 11 year old immature kids.
    We already have enough on WoW...
    i hope that will be true, then we will have less in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Not really that much of a fan so no... Plus I'm sure it would be filled with 11 year old immature kids.We already have enough on WoW...
    Kids don't read and the movies are too long because "everyone has ADHD" nowadays.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Funny I started watching all the Harry Potter series again and just found this thread. I personally think it would make a great kids game but im not sure if it will be a good game in general for everyone even though the idea is pretty cool with everyone being a Wizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    If it's f2p, I would name my character flipendo. Then I would macro every ability to me shouting "flipendo" in game. I would never say anything else in game.

Props if you've actually played the original HP game (It's actually fun as hell when you're baked out of your mind) and almost died laughing every time you heard that word while playing.
    My sister and I thought he sometimes said Nintendo when we were kids. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    She's working on a whole new story and it is in the same universe, but no more direct harry potter link. Source: Somewhere on the imdb frontpage...too lazy atm.

Speculations are: the story tends to be for new books and/or a game.
    Why would it be called "Pottermore" if HP wasn't in it? Unless theres a new character who's last name actually is "Pottermore", but that sounds unlikely lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Would be a big mistake to make an mmo if you ask me. Going to see a lot of people naming them self *Harryscousin or Harrysmom lets not forget HarrysBalls.*
    So i guess WoW should have never been created because of all of the Arthasxx's or xLegolasx's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    So i guess WoW should have never been created because of all of the Arthasxx's or xLegolasx's?
    No death knights shouldn't have been created. Or better name filter.

15+ Year Old Account
    What we know about this.

1. Is not a book.
    2. Is not(Directly) related to Deathly Hollows Part 2.

Uhh, not sure how you got to MMO about that, could be many, many thing. A TV show, an Animated TV show, an Animated Movie, A video game, a new line of shirts, a new band, a new puppy named Potter, etc.

Though a HP MMO would be interesting.

Deleted
    There are speculations that the name "Pottermore" stands for: Harry Potter Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Experience.
    I'm curious but dont expect much though..

15+ Year Old Account
    That seems kinda like stretching it...

I can understand the owl theory, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't believe this is an mmo. I mean look what happened with that Matrix MMO
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Lol, pottermore what's that for crappy name :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    If it's f2p, I would name my character flipendo. Then I would macro every ability to me shouting "flipendo" in game. I would never say anything else in game.

Props if you've actually played the original HP game (It's actually fun as hell when you're baked out of your mind) and almost died laughing every time you heard that word while playing.
    Heheh, please do! xD
    If there's a montly fee, just make a trial account. :P

Someone posted a listing of the 5 patents or copyrights or something they filed for for this website. Its very wide reaching and doesnt really narrow it down. Says online forum, interactive games etc. It's probably nothing to get crazy over, but I have to admit I am curious.

oh. my. god.

YES!!! :ccccc

except I am not sure how they would do it without completely destroying the story...

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    except I am not sure how they would do it without completely destroying the story...
    ... no problem she did so herself allready with the 7th book. Maybe even earlier.
    Yeah I've read all of them. I liked the first 4 but totally hated the 7th. >_< *sigh*
    I know I know... offtopic!
    An HP MMO? I would test out like any other new mmo but don't think it could work.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    Wait...there's a story? I read the first book and never picked up another one (I hated it, but I've been spoiled with good fantasy/sci-fi since I was in middle school). And the only thing I see when I watch bits of the movie on TV is whats her face bein a fox. I don't even know if there is dialogue in the movies.