Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Trion's Latest Deals, Looking To See Blizzards Response To This One

Trions latest jab, Huge savings on both the standard and collectors edition for fathers day...
    Standard dropped to 24.99
    collectors 31.99
    https://www.riftgame.com/en/products...rs_day_06_2011
    So the full game game can be had for 24.99 + 1 month game time FREE, basically cheaper than a WoW game card.

Now im torn between going back to 4.2 or getting rift while on sale.

I can only play one MMO, all i gots time for. Man this is a tough one. I have rift installed and everything from the 3 beta's and 2 7 day free trials i burnt getting to level 15 lol.

Im curious to see how blizz responds to this hell of a deal! I wonder if they will do a subscription deal or something later.

Because 24.99 FOR A FULL GAME with 1 month game time is just insanely affordable, just to get to 50 and quit if anything.

So basically blizzard is selling mounts for 25 bucks... And rift is selling their game for 25 bucks with free game time?
    Last edited by TheEverydayDre; 2011-06-17 at 11:36 PM. Reason: fixed

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEverydayDre View Post
    Huge savings on both the standard and collectors edition for fathers day...
    collectors 31.99

So the full game game can be had for 24.99 + 1 month game time FREE, basically cheaper than a WoW game card.

I can only play one MMO, all i gots time for. Man this is ya tough one. I have rift installed and everything from the 3 beta's and 2 7 day free trials i burnt getting to level 15 lol.

Im curious to see how blizz responds to this hell of a deal! I wonder if they will do a subscription deal or something later.

Cause 24.99 FOR A FULL GAME with 1 month game time is just insanely affordable, just to get to 50 and quit if anything.

Smart marketing, for that price it's not a huge loss to at least give it a fair shake and check it out and make your own decision on it instead of the nay sayers making the decision for you. Blizz will not change anything due to this btw. Bobby might might make another mount for the store?

Might have to move this too off topic not really wow related.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-06-17 at 11:25 PM.

Blizzard don't need to do this to keep their customers. Trion needs to do this to attract more customers. Blizzard don't have to make a move, because this won't hurt them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Are Blizzard still selling the original game and the first two expansions for five euro each?

Also, looking at all of the threads you start is quite interesting.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Smart marketing, for that price it's not a huge loss to at least give it a fair shake and check it out and make your own decision on it instead of the nay sayers making the decision for you. Blizz will not change anything due to this btw. Bobby might might make another mount for the store?
    Blizzard really needs to drop a deal man...

As a sucker for deals, 24.99 + 1 month to at least level to 50 might be better than going back to 4.2... I wish they put a date on the sale so i know how long i have to make a choice. I dont want to get rift, then turn around and say i want to play 4.2. Id be wasting money because i simply cannot play both.

If blizzard did some kind of crazy subscription deal id consider.

To the person who said this wont hurt blizzard... Are you kidding me lol, i know so many players who jumped ship to rift. I played rift live for 2 weeks. Server was high pop, active, and everyone i spoke to was from WoW. Spoke to level 50's who were extremely happy with the game.
    Last edited by TheEverydayDre; 2011-06-17 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...l-june-20-2011

Sort of expect a similar sale over here soon.
    is there a us version of that deal ?

Trions latest jab, Huge savings on both the standard and collectors edition for fathers day...
    collectors 31.99
    https://www.riftgame.com/en/products...rs_day_06_2011

I can only play one MMO, all i gots time for. Man this is ya tough one. I have rift installed and everything from the 3 beta's and 2 7 day free trials i burnt getting to level 15 lol.

Cause 24.99 FOR A FULL GAME with 1 month game time is just insanely affordable, just to get to 50 and quit if anything.

So basically blizzard is selling mounts for 25 bucks... And rift is selling their game for 25 bucks with free game time?
    i actually got home, sat down, and got my wallet to re-sub to wow, then i saw the update that rift is 16.99 for the collectors edition (time not included).needless to say, ill be playing rift for a while =\

I don't like the Rift Marketing Team.

They've been bad-mouthing Blizzard from the start of their project, and the moment you slag off the competition, you lose. Rift wont be around for long. Already some of the "biggest fans" I know of are returning to WoW.

"We're not in Azeroth anymore" & "Come join our Horde" are just a few of the marketing pieces I see, and already they're having to sell their product cheaper, to maximise numbers. They clearly then don't understand how business should work. Make your product more valueable, not cheaper. You make it cheaper you get less profit per sale, and with profit low as it is per copy anyway...

Not much of a deal considering they know you have to fork out another $100 to get expansions. If anything just another way to get their hook on new players or old ones who need new / second accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...l-june-20-2011

Sort of expect a similar sale over here soon.
    To be honest at this point they should just give that away for free... LOL. No joke. Cant you buy vanilla in gaming store bins for like 2 bucks USD. C'mon blizz fuck outta here with that shit.

To the person who said this wont hurt blizzard... Are you kidding me lol, i know so many players who jumped ship to rift. I played rift live for 2 weeks. Server was high pop, active, and everyone i spoke to was from WoW. Spoke to level 50's who were extremely happy with the game.
    OH MAN! I know like, soooo many people who tried rift and then jumped back to WoW because they thought rift was bad. They were really unhappy with it and most of the people they met were idiots

Yay! My statements is as stupid as yours.

To be honest at this point they should just give that away for free... LOL. No joke. Cant you buy that stores in the bins for like 2 bucks US. C'mon blizz fuck outta here with that shit.
    So you are claiming Blizzard need to "do something" because you know some people who played Rift which you think means WoW is doomed, and when people point out that Blizzard already do offer deals like the one you are suggesting they make in your original post your response is "fuck outta here with that shit."
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

they already have anyway, they have once again reduced the price of the first 2 games to 5$, have you not been to a blizzard site and seen the splash page?

if u watch the video in the first link with the quests opening up, its the same as the dailys from WoW for firelands and the server wide events is going to lag the hell of the game imo. I dont understand the big deal with RIFT, if u look at it, it has nothing new to it compared to other mmo's

10+ Year Old Account
    i tried the trial a couple months ago, and i got an E-mail today about 9.99$ USD if i wanted to come back and buy the game. 9.99$ isn't squat (and im an unemployed college student) so i might actually buy it.
    there is nothing to do when im not raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting...I got an email from Trion today advertising Rift for only $9.99 USD plus a free trinket and title, as long as you buy it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Not much of a deal considering they know you have to fork out another $100 to get expansions. If anything just another way to get their hook on new players or old ones who need new / second accounts.
    You can get Classic / Tbc / Wotlk for 20£, doesn't sound too bad to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That place with the house, you know where.
    They already had a deal once like that before, it was advertised on the launcher at one point for a month or something. Vanilla was 5$ I believe, BC was 10$ and Wrath was 15$, so.. given that was a few months before Cata, I think. Still, they already did something like this before.
    Have you ever _____ so much you _____?

Sorry but Rift is really not that great man...but if you decide to try it at least you'll only pay $25 for your disappointment, whereas just about everyone else paid $60 for thiers.

By no means do I expect you to take my word for it due to the vast amount of support I have behind my logic =P
    But you'll know exactly what I mean once you play it for a month or two.