Dungeon Deserter when kicked?

I did LFD on my level 82 mage and got Vortex Pinnacle. It was a fresh dungeon. As soon as I arrived the others (all from the same guild) said they should have brought X (don't remember the character name). One of them was a lock so I don't know if they were upset that I was a cloth wearer or what. They were all level 84 or 85 (not sure why they wanted to run Vortex Pinnacle). Anyway, someone said no that if X had queued they couldn't have queued for Vortex Pinnacle because they were level 81. Then, I was removed from group. We hadn't engaged a single mob.

OK. I can live with that. The part that was strange to me was that I have the Dungeon Deserter debuff for abandoning a dungeon. Does that usually happen when you get kicked (I don't have a lot of experience with being kicked)?

Yes you do get a deserter debuff unfortunately.

1. healer goes offline
    2. tank leaves group
    3. i leave group
    4. i get deserter

i dont know what goes after 4
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make it so that with 4 people from same guild they can't kick the 5th, I mean if it's a guild group they will most likely be able to 4man the place and if they were trying to get gear they would have gotten a 5th guild member to make sure they get the gear they want instead of the 5th PuG taking the gear they are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer311 View Post
    Sigh. That just seems ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer311 View Post
    I thought that was a bug. It seems pretty stupid to punish somebody for being kicked, AND punish you for dropping group. Deserter is supposed to be for the people who zone in and go "Ugh I don't like this dungeon" and bail immediately, it seems like insult to injury to also give it to somebody who may have been kicked just because they grouped with 4 douchebags.