Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

200k Euro in my bank, oh wait.

So I got a text message today. Basically when I get over a certain limit I get a SMS about it. So I check it and saw that 1 500 000 Norwegian Kroner, roughly 200000 Euro, was wired into my account.

I pretty much jumped through the roof, I thought I had win the lottery or something. I called my bank in all haste to ask whats up, and apparently it was just some mistake, and all the moneys was gone a few minutes later. Thank you for giving me a heart attack.

In other news, I was a Norwegian Millionaire for roughly 5 minutes. Ask me anything.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill be the 1st...

Can I touch u??

And btw... ur an idiot.. shouldve went to the bank quick and take an obscene amount. But that would just be me.

Did you feel an urge to stick out your pinky while sipping on a beer for the brief 5 minutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL , So how did it feel to be a rich SOB for 5 mins?

P.S Good to see you did the right thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have emptied out a few ATM's if you ask the greedy side of my personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So I got a text message today. Basically when I get over a certain limit I get a SMS about it. So I check it and saw that 1 500 000 Norwegian Kroner, roughly 200000 Euro, was wired into my account.

I pretty much jumped through the roof, I thought I had win the lottery or something. I called my bank in all haste to ask whats up, and apparently it was just some mistake, and all the moneys was gone a few minutes later. Thank you for giving me a heart attack.

In other news, I was a Norwegian Millionaire for roughly 5 minutes. Ask me anything.
    and your first thought wasnt to drain the account first then ask questions later? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thought was that I was going straight to the new-cars dealer :P But I figured I better not spend it in case it was someone else's, if I did I'd get in a lot of problems me thinks.

Ahh, for 5 minutes my life looked somewhat promising for the next few months.. But, no.. Why oh why do you hate me so?
    Hi

Take&run .10chars

You should have stormed in and demanded to see the manager about your missing funds.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    You should have stormed in and demanded to see the manager about your missing funds.
    Hahaha, or demand some sort of compensation for wasting my precious time. Would be kinda fun to run to the bank, pretend I'm in shock, and say that 200k euro is missing from my account, what the hell?!..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokenny View Post
    Take&run .10chars
    Been done. Many times. Every case I've heard - the institution noticed the mistake a few days, national manhunt begins and eventually the "lucky" individual is arrested/fined and jailed. Have fun with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thought was that I was going straight to the new-cars dealer :P But I figured I better not spend it in case it was someone else's, if I did I'd get in a lot of problems me thinks.

Ahh, for 5 minutes my life looked somewhat promising for the next few months.. But, no.. Why oh why do you hate me so?
    See, given the present world economy, only ask questions if you're MISSING money.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

um, are u a celebrity?

Haha, my friend got a check in the mail for $3000 dollars randomly, first thing he did was go to the bank and cash it, then he probed into where it was from ^_^
    no u missunderstood, I lied. -despairsodelicious

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got an email from the bank. It seems the money was ment to another person in Norway with my exact name, and there had been some mix up. Not only do I get people calling me, thinking I'm him, but now I get his money too? I can see how I could totally abuse this!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a friend who had $600 deposited into his account by mistake, and he withdrew it immediately, then went and bought a Xbox 360, games, a year of xboxlive and some weed. then 2 days later, the bank gave him a call and was like oh our bad, that wasn't your money, and withdrew the $600 from his account again, ofcourse he was broke and didn't have it, so now they are collecting on him to this day haha. Not sure why he thought they were gonna let him just keep it >.>
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Is it a criminal offense to spend money you were credited erroneously?

I use to work unpaying cheques where i could credit people back money they didn't have. Now i was dealing with 'house' cheques which meant the transfers were instant. Therefore if i made a mistake i could erroneously credit someone cash and if they happened to be at cash point they could withdraw it. Believe it or not this was a minimum wage job despite the accuracy and trust involved cus you could really lose the bank real money very easily.

I had sorta similar situation. I used to work at a big hospital. One day I got a check sent to me, made out to me, for a few hundred bucks. I'm like. What the hell. Maybe its a reimbursement of something (I typically was taking trips and so forth, so reimbursements came every once in a while). So i cashed it like an idiot. Then a few weeks later "yeah you know that check we sent to you, it was a mistake, return the money or else". So...fuck. I should not have cashed it. Raised all sorts of problems. I could have been fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    and your first thought wasnt to drain the account first then ask questions later? lol.
    Basically this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got an email from the bank. It seems the money was meant to another person in Norway with my exact name, and there had been some mix up. Not only do I get people calling me, thinking I'm him, but now I get his money too? I can see how I could totally abuse this!

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-01-26/news/17944279_1_brooklyn-man-probation-commerce-bank

^ $5 million randomly showed up in this guys bank account one day. He went down to ask the bank where it came from/surely there was some mistake... and they assured him it was his money.

He goes on a spending spree, and it emerges shortly after that the cash belonged to someone else of the same name. Despite him even going down and talking to the bank, he was facing a 25 year jail term once the bank realized their error - charged with grand larceny.
    Got off with probation, though.
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-19 at 12:28 AM.