Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I miss wrath demonology SoC spam my favorite spell in the game only viable in my least favorite lock spec

Instead of getting at each other's throats in what amounts to a 'what is your favorite spec' thread, has anybody considered that instead of one spec taking off like a rocket and dominating all others in the future, as many are predicting, that small tweaks to procs and percentages can keep all three close together, as they are now?

Aff and Destro are really close, Destro even wins on heavy movement fights according to last simcraft.

Aff and Destro scales massively good. At BIS gear both specs will be pretty powerful even at single target. They are already though.

Demo is OK but the distance to the other 2 could shortened it seems blizzard are really stubborn about it.

tbh it seems they sim doomguard wrong, it should do way more as demo, so I think in reality demo is higher than it says

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    tbh it seems they sim doomguard wrong, it should do way more as demo, so I think in reality demo is higher than it says
    yeh lined with trinket procs expecialy mastery and pots, Doomguard sure does truckloads of damage, but since its a 10mins CD it wont be always up on progress fights, since you release, buff and go asap.

Not to mention that you don't get his damage credited to you, call me a meterwhore but thats a issue for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Destruction is always "edging out" affliction, and yet when the fights go live you see Affliction ahead by 1k dps. Are all the skilled players playing Affliction? What are we missing in SimCraft about Destruction?

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Perhaps its because Affliction is a more forgiving spec to play? Most peoples mistakes here are either Haunt falling off for too long, or SE not being kept up when multi targeting.

Destruction on the other hand poor ISF management ( probably the biggest factor), Conflag not cast on CD same for Chaos Bolt.

Simcraft ofc makes doesnt make errors in judgement and doesnt really account for mechanics, anyone know how much movement it considers on the Helter Skelter option? would be interesting to know.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was done a while back, and in 359 gear:

Patchwerk style: http://simulationcraft.org/410/Warlock.html

Light movement: http://simulationcraft.org/410/Warlo..._Movement.html
    Light movement is defined as 7 second intervals, starting 53 seconds into the fight, repeating every 85 seconds

Heavy movement: http://simulationcraft.org/410/Warlo..._Movement.html
    Heavy movement is defined as 4 seconds out of every 10 seconds

Simcraft also does make errors in judgement through use of the Player Skill option. Elite causes it to follow the action sequence 100%, but you can set it lower than this. For example, you can set it to have 90% success rate - this will make simcraft /roll 100 - if the result is 91 through 100, that action is skipped and the next valid event on the tree is selected.

---------- Post added 2011-06-28 at 11:34 AM ----------

Helter Skelter is defined as:
    Boss casts a spell that needs to be interrupted every 30 seconds, allowing you to model energy/rage/runic power consumption with kicks involved.
    Players have to move every 30 seconds (not at the same time as above) for 5 seconds.
    Raid-wide stun on all players once per minute for 2 seconds
    Boss becomes invulnerable every 2 minutes for 3 seconds, causing all dots to fall off and need to be reapplied.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Hmm interesting, thank you very much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also wonder what would be best, why do i see alot of end-game raiders run arround in demo?

While i see aff should be the best spec for high dps (http://stateofdps.com/index.php#totals)
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Most of the time the warlocks that are demo are required to spec that way for teh 10% raid spellpower buff due to the raid not taking an ele shammy (a demo lock provides the SP buff and more DPS along with a mini brez, rather than a self pop that a shammy has).

Some others are demo die hards that really enjoy teh spec and have been it for a long time, even prior to teh FOTM re-rollers (which have now gone back to aff).

The final people are demo due to fight mechanics that demand large, on demand AoE or stuns (axe toss, demo leap hich is an AoE stun, HoG which when coupled with another stun/root and specced for has an additional snare).

I personally play demo cos I like it more than aff. It also happens that my raid team requires me to be demo for the SP buff, but thats a side reason for me being demo, not the true reason. Just as an example, sure there are a few other reasons people play demo.