Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    hallowed ground is fail on pallys. consecration doesnt add much dmg even if the boss is standing in it 24/7. and for the enormous mana cost its never worth it. he needs to get rule of the law and reckoning like stated.

for pallys he should do Divine plea, inquisition, Aw exo judgement avenger shield then crusader strke for starting a pull. if hes lucky he can proc another AS and finish off with crusader strike then shield of righteous at 3 holy power to gain maximum threat. once threat is established he should be fine.

warriors i dunno. maybe some prepot on str might help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    hallowed ground is fail on pallys. consecration doesnt add much dmg even if the boss is standing in it 24/7. and for the enormous mana cost its never worth it. he needs to get rule of the law and reckoning like stated.

for pallys he should do Divine plea, inquisition, Aw exo judgement avenger shield then crusader strke for starting a pull. if hes lucky he can proc another AS and finish off with crusader strike then shield of righteous at 3 holy power to gain maximum threat. once threat is established he should be fine.
    Wrong wrong wrong. Pre pop wings + DP for full holy power, and pull with Avenger's shield (and Judgement if Sacred Duty doesn't proc, it might take an additional GCD, but stacks your Vengeance a bit) and land a SotR.

What comes to Hallowed Ground, it is far from fail. Anything involving add tanking benefits from it. Inquisition is made for AoE tanking aswell.
    I'm not specced with Rule of Law and I don't have any threat problems whatsoever.

I would say going for expertise cap is the best way to boost your threat if everything else is done correctly.
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2011-06-19 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong. Pre pop wings + DP for full holy power, and pull with Avenger's shield (and Judgement if Sacred Duty doesn't proc, it might take an additional GCD, but stacks your Vengeance a bit) and land a SotR.

What comes to Hallowed Ground, it is far from fail. Anything involving add tanking benefits from it. Inquisition is made for AoE tanking aswell.
    I'm not specced with Rule of Law and I don't have any threat problems whatsoever.

I would say going for expertise cap is the best way to boost your threat if everything else is done correctly.
    You're both half right. For overall threat Inquisition is better if Sacred Duty (or a previous Inq) isn't up, if it is then SotR. Also specing into Rule of Law will give you a lot more AoE threat than Hallowed Ground. There really is very little reason to ever spec into HG other than maybe for trash if you have threat issues on trash. The only boss I can possibly think of where it'd be decent is H Maloriak.

No matter what, if you pull aggro as a hunter, its quite clear its your fault. We got the best aggro reducing abilities in game.
    Without any fd resists, i cant think of a single senario how a hunter can pull aggro without any other class doing it before him.

Guessing from his hideous gemming, and complete lack of enchants (lol they're expensive), I think your paladin could lack a bit of skill. Maybe he should read some guides, could be a rotational problem. I'd also recommend the usage of Power Auras on a Prot Paladin, since grand crusader isn't tracked by blizzard's auras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Guessing from his hideous gemming, and complete lack of enchants (lol they're expensive), I think your paladin could lack a bit of skill. Maybe he should read some guides, could be a rotational problem. I'd also recommend the usage of Power Auras on a Prot Paladin, since grand crusader isn't tracked by blizzard's auras.
    Pretty sure it is, Sacred Duty isn't but you can easily ignore Sacred Duty procs, stick a SotR-only rotation and still hold threat on anything.

Edit: Aaand I just noticed you have the Bane of the Fallen King title actually displayed on your characters, so now I'm just mad at all of you.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-06-19 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is pretty terrible, so it's a mystery to me why you would be pulling aggro off of your tanks. More liberal use of FD/MD imo.

Are you hiting enrage?
    Are your healers going oom?

If none of those happen, then dont freakin use prepots, cds etc right at the start.
    If atleast one of those happen (given that healers know how to play), tell your tanks to read up abit about their class, if they dont agree, change tanks.

Those are just few easy things to do. I know that for dps there isnt anything much to do. They can just dps and alot of dps dont like to do that in half assed way with one hand in their ass andalso while watching tv and talking on phone. But you really must be considerate for your tanks. If he just cant do more threat and the boss still goes down, then youll have to adapt. Unless there are even more people that are constantly high on threat, then there really is only one way to go aka change tanks.
    Im a tank myself. Didnt had problems with threat while doing normals. When we got into hcs few of our dps got gear faster and became more bursty. Of course they would rip the agroo few times. This led us to go with: no prepoting, no too soon cd usage etc. Yes, their damage actually gone down with better gear, but we kill the boss, tanks are happy, healers are happy, hell 4 out of 5 dps are happy, dont see a problem here.

Deleted

As a prot paladin, best way to pull (imo) is Wings + DP + Exorcism + Avenger's Shield + Judgement + SotR.

I disagree with Hallowed Ground; most prot builds have 1 point left free for either Hallowed Ground, Guarded By The Light or Eternal Glory. Of those three (largerly poor) talents to drop a point in, HG is pretty respectable, but I still won't use consecration in most situations. The damage/duration are poor and the mana cost is high.

At the moment, I'm dropping a point from Reckoning (I don't have threat issues) and getting 2/2 GbtL for the overheal bubble.

I'd never recommend wasting mitigation stats in favour of expertise. 10 Expertise from Seal of Truth is good enough; I also have 0 hit.

Incidentally, your paladin tank's dodge/parry ratings are well out of whack .. due to diminishing returns he should be aiming to have both his ratings close together (ratings, not %s displayed) .. he has some parry he can still reforge to dodge. Won't help with threat, but meh .. always good to be the best we can be.
    Last edited by mmocf060892603; 2011-06-19 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Parry/Dodge

MD on tank, pop CD's, when MD wears off, watch omen, when you get to about 90-95% aggro, just FD and reset it to 0. That will give ur tanks enough aggro so when you "wake up" you will be able to nuke as hell. Try this, always works for me.
    Also if playing MM I do this:
    MD on tank, pop CD's, blow shit out of boss, when I get close on aggro -> FD and readiness then blow CD's again and another MD and another FD. That gives hell of a lot of threat to tanks and nobody can overaggro them after that point unless fight reset aggro table.

Ok, I changed up my spec to 8/2/31

I do like safeguard but am willing to try something new.

I also changed up my dps rotation to increase TPS after thoroughly dotting mob up with debuffs.

Changed out one of my major glyphs with Spell Reflection, but feel they are mostly in order.

I will make sure to logout with main spec equipped for review.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Hey everyone, I play a Hunter and I run a casual raid team within my guild. Our tanks our pretty geared, for this content, but yet, whenever we seem to pull (I pop most of my CD's at the start of the fight and just refresh/use them as necessary), I always seem to go from no aggro, due to my misdirect to freakin' like 150%. I mean, I know I'm a bursty class but in my old raid team, I had NO ISSUE whatsoever in holding aggro - I seriously have no idea what the deal is. I want to think the tanks are doing it right, but when I have to hold back DPS, well, to me that's an issue.

Even during fights, take Chimaeron for instance (our first kill last night, man I hate him) I was sitting at 85% aggro for the entire fight, I would Feign Death, then slowly creep back up their again. Something needs to give, I just don't know what.

If this matters/helps:
    My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...flair/advanced
    Our Warrior tanks armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Metuk/advanced
    Our Paladin tanks armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%a4l/advanced

I have aggro issues with both, but moreso our Paladin, he logged in his Holy gear but his Prot talent tree can still be viewed. Both tanks our gemmed and enchanted appropriately.

I really appreciate the help guys!
    Solar
    As a warrior tank myself, I can safely say that the start is the "hardest" part with everyone going all out. On bosses that don't melee constantly (like for example, omnotron system: arcanotron, magmatron) I don't have enough rage intake from dmg taken to keep a steady agro.

And if i happen to miss shield slams etc right at the start of any encounter, its 100% guaranteed that I will lose agro for our bursting dps. Trick is, you got to roll your taunt cd's to survive your initial threat burst phase, if you want to keep the mob on you. On the encounters i know im gonna have troubles, i usually taunt the 1st time i lose agro, challenging shout the next, and taunt third if it goes that far. After that it should be no problem.

So it depends on the RNG factor and especially the encounter as warrior tank as we dont have on-demand burst threat like pallies and DK's. We need to get some rage to be able to build some threath.
    Last edited by mmoc09bd5679bb; 2011-06-20 at 08:03 AM.

i run a 360 prot tank and tend to do very well for boss pulls.
    like i said in the exact same order/wording for boss pulls ()Aw= avenging wrath aka wings. Aw, DP, inq , exorcism for free since its a cast, avenger shield+ judgement, then crusader strike till 3 HP for shield of the righteous.

exorcism benefits here because u have time to cast it before the pull. a free 7000 dmg is never wasted.

for aoe pulls just do Aw, DP, inq, avenger shield , hor spam till AS procs . renew inq if u really need it.

rule of the law is a decent enough talent adding 15% crit chance to hammer when it does hit will help boost aoe threat.

guarded by light is going slightly more useless because as of 4.2 its not gonna do anything for overhealing.

and consecration costs way too much mana to help even if u spec into hg. its a very slow ticking dot and i rarely even used it when i was specc'd into it.

Just curious...does Feign Death still work the same way as it did in BC? I haven't played a hunter since then, but I always remember it being a complete threat drop on a 30 second CD. The reason I ask is because a friend of mine (who plays a hunter) complained that the tank sucked and he kept pulling threat in our raid last week. I told him it was partly his fault because he wasn't watching Omen and using Feign Death. He then got mad and told me that's not how it works. He said it only drops threat while your feigned but then comes right back once you start attacking again. It does not drop you down to 0 like before. Is this true?